Chef Mickey's relocating to convention center during upcoming unplanned maintenance

rob0519

I have a breakfast reservation on July 29th. I've never been to Chef Mickey's or the Contemporary, so I have no idea what I would be missing, if anything. Should I keep this reservation and see if Disney does anything to make up for moving it, or do I just book a new breakfast somewhere else?

You can probably find a video on YouTube to see what the actual restaurant in the CR looks like. The big selling point of Chef Mickey's is more the 5 characters (Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Pluto and Goofy) than the food and even the surroundings. If your family meeting those characters for pictures and autographs I would keep the reservation. If not, you could try for another character breakfast ADR, but this close to your date, I'm not sure how successful that would be.

Prince-1

I have a breakfast reservation on July 29th. I've never been to Chef Mickey's or the Contemporary, so I have no idea what I would be missing, if anything. Should I keep this reservation and see if Disney does anything to make up for moving it, or do I just book a new breakfast somewhere else?

If I was going with my kids when they were younger I would cancel because part of the fun for them will be seeing the monorail pass overhead when you are eating. Either way the food is going to still be just average and you will still have the characters stopping by. But if the characters are a huge selling point then just go and have fun.

You can probably find a video on YouTube to see what the actual restaurant in the CR looks like. The big selling point of Chef Mickey's is more the 5 characters (Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Pluto and Goofy) than the food and even the surroundings. If your family meeting those characters for pictures and autographs I would keep the reservation. If not, you could try for another character breakfast ADR, but this close to your date, I'm not sure how successful that would be.

If I was going with my kids when they were younger I would cancel because part of the fun for them will be seeing the monorail pass overhead when you are eating. Either way the food is going to still be just average and you will still have the characters stopping by. But if the characters are a huge selling point then just go and have fun.

Thank you both. I have a 2 year old on her first trip, so I think we'll stick with the reservation and see how it goes. The characters are really the important part!

Disney4family

We will be there on August 12th for breakfast and haven't heard anything yet. Except for this notification on WDWMagic and others a few days ago.
Same here. We have an ADR for Aug 12th, too.
The kids are hoping they're waiting to let us know since there's a chance they'll finish whatever they have to do early and everything will be back to normal by then.

Bender123

Thank you both. I have a 2 year old on her first trip, so I think we'll stick with the reservation and see how it goes. The characters are really the important part!

The vast majority of the restaurant is not in view of the monorails, so its not that big of an issue. The prevailing theme of the restaurant is "Cramped and noisy room with windows and characters!" Your two year old will never know the difference and, likely, the convention center will be vastly more peaceful and less hectic for your own sanity.

Disney4family

Got the email today -

Hello!

We hope you are looking forward to your upcoming visit to the Walt Disney World Resort.

We wanted to provide you with some important information regarding your reservation at Chef Mickey’s at Disney’s Contemporary Resort. Due to unplanned kitchen maintenance that coincides with your dining experience, we are moving our all-you-care-to-eat buffet with Chef Mickey and friends to the convention center at Disney’s Contemporary Resort. Except for the location, your experience and reservation time will remain the same. You will have the same opportunity to create magical memories with Chef Mickey and his friends in our temporary home. Again, we are sending this message to ensure that you have the most up to date information regarding where to check in for your dining experience.

When you arrive to Disney’s Contemporary Resort for your dining reservation, Cast Members will be on hand to assist you with directions to the new location at the convention center. Again, your dining reservation time has not changed aside from the location within Disney’s Contemporary Resort.

Should you have any questions or need additional assistance, you are welcome to reply to this email and a Cast Member will contact you. In your message, please include your name, telephone number, and your reservation number.

We look forward to hosting you soon.

Guest Experience Services
Walt Disney World Resort

rob0519

Hopefully, the CR Management Staff will arrange for some type of appropriate theming in whatever ballroom they are going to use for Chef Mickey's. It will be interesting to see the first pictures.

Just got an email from Disney that my July 29th reservation is back in the concourse and will not be impacted by kitchen maintenance anymore. Not sure if it got pushed later or is no longer needed.

Disney4family

Just got an email from Disney that my July 29th reservation is back in the concourse and will not be impacted by kitchen maintenance anymore. Not sure if it got pushed later or is no longer needed.
Oooooooooo - that is interesting!!!!!!! We haven't cancelled yet for our 8/12 ressie. We're waiting to see what's going to happen. (While I do want parents with little ones to enjoy the experience we all love, I'm not sure how many would want a 7am ressie.)
Thank you so much for the update!!! :)

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
So, was the maintenance moved or we're they able to find a way to do it during off hours?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170716-224828.png
    Screenshot_20170716-224828.png
    134.2 KB · Views: 220

huwar18

Did they ever say why they scheduled the maintenance out of nowhere? That's great that they canceled it. It is a great place to take the kids!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom