Chef Mickey's Birthday Party at my house...what would you include?

becanya

Original Poster
So my DS, turning 6 in March, has decided that he wants a Chef Mickey's birthday party. I can't even tell you how excited I am about planning this one! Since breakfast is our favorite meal at Chef Mickey's, we are going to do a breakfast party. I would LOVE to hear all of your ideas, because I know that you all have great ideas. I need some ideas! Here's what I'm thinking right now:
Food:
- Fab 4 Waffles (going to buy one of those waffle-makers)
- Fruit
- Waffle Fries
- Mickey Juice boxes
- Scrambled eggs
- Mickey cookie pops
- Mickey cupcakes
- Mickey molded chocolate suckers

Decorations and Ambiance:
- Tables set up in a dining room to look like a restaurant
- Chef Mickey's hats for the chef (that would be me), my DH, and DS
- Mickey soundtrack (already on my ipod!)
- Party favors: either disney pins (1 for each kid) or disney pez dispensers, or possibly bags they can fill with candy from dispensers like they have at chef mickey's

erstwo

Oooooooooo! I love to plan a birthday party!

What about some red/ white polka dot table cloths? A friend did a Minnie Mouse party and she found some inexpensive red/ white wrapping paper and use almost a whole roll per table. It looked darling, but not too girly. It looked very "Chef Mickey/ Contemporary." I'll see if I can find a picture.

What about using some of those 'big' Mickey hands they sell in the parks to decorate too? I wish I had some I could lend to you!

For favors you could do a chefs hat for all of the kids. Not sure where you would find (or how much they would cost) the real cloth hats, but I bet a restaurant supply store might have those white paper chefs hats. I know the customers don't wear them at Chef Mickey's but my kids love to dress up and I love a party favor that encourages them to use their imagination! You could even write each child's name in red marker and use them as place cards (if you had assigned seating) or just have them on a table as they come into the party.

I love the menu! I've never been for breakfast, but I know at dinner they have the dessert bar everyone raves about - my kids love the ice cream toppings - is there a way to mimic that for breakfast? Maybe sprinkles for the waffles? Or is that too much sugar? :D

Also, etsy.com is my favorite place to go for birthday party inspiration! I'm sure there are a ton of Mickey themed birthday ideas on there!

Good luck! I hope it is fantastic!

HouCuseChickie

The waffles, cookie pops and the suckers on your list got me thinking. You could make the fab 4 waffles and get lollipop sticks and dip the waffles into chocolate and maybe top with Mickey sprinkles so that you have waffle pops. Just thinking waffle pops may keep in the breakfast theme.

Cake balls have also become super popular. If you made cake balls- in the cooling process for the outer coating you can stick on various color (or chocolate) circular melts to make them Mickey cake balls.

And here's a twist on scrambled eggs...if you can get a large enough mouse ears cookie cutter- you can take the scrambled eggs mixture and pour it into the mouse ears so that it cooks into Mickey eggs. Something similar could be done with pancakes. I know- not exactly Chef Mickey's norm, but sort of keeping in the theme.

Finally- I'm all about a big cake...even if it's a small big cake. If you do cupcakes for the party, you might consider a more elaborate cake for your son so that he has something a little more special than the rest of the crowd. The most simple thing I'm thinking of (and I rarely go simple :lookaroun It's a problem:ROFLOL:) is find a small mouse ears cake pan- top it in chocolate ganache, piped chocolate buttercream, and mouse ears sprinkles. The next elaborate step would be to take Disney themed lollipop molds and make characters to top the cake and use a lolly stick as the anchors to insert them into the cake. If you want to take it steps further- there is cake sculpting and sculpting with gumpaste, marzipan, fondant, or modeling chocolate. OK- I'll stop...cakes are my hobby and I go overboard.

Sounds like a great theme!!!

becanya

Original Poster
Ok, we also need activity ideas. One idea we've had so far is to do a Hidden Mickey scavenger hunt. They all get a checklist with hidden mickey locations, and if they find them they check it off. If you check off all your hidden mickey's you get a prize.

Other ideas?

luvlifeinfl

mine is not food related but you have to do the celebrate party! when they take their napkins & twirl them in the air.

I think all the ideas here are absolutly AWESOME!

HouCuseChickie

You could do musical chairs to Disney music. At 6, I don't think Disney music karaoke would work, but you may be able to build on that idea and figure out something that is age appropriate....like a sing along :shrug: If you've got enough adults you could break the kids up into teams and do sort of a Disney pictionary. The adult would get the clue (which could be a Disney character or familiar attraction/landmark) - they'd do their best to draw it - and then maybe the kids could have a few clues during the allotted time for each team's round to guess what the adult is trying to draw. You could also try Mickey Sez (vs Simon Says)- i.e. Mickey Sez bounce like tigger.

erstwo

Ok, we also need activity ideas. One idea we've had so far is to do a Hidden Mickey scavenger hunt. They all get a checklist with hidden mickey locations, and if they find them they check it off. If you check off all your hidden mickey's you get a prize.

Other ideas?

Maybe a photo area? When I think Disney, I think photos! :lol: Maybe there is some way of making a backdrop and/ or displaying all your Disney things - stuffed animals and the like - and making it a fun place to take a picture of each child? (Wearing their chef's hat? :D and holding a bowl of fruit and a spoon- like the Mickey you take a photo with at the Photo place in Chef Mickey's?)

Maybe you could find some cheap aprons and they kids could decorate their own apron to take home with fabric paint and the like?

What about getting a few pairs of really big shoes and wrapping them in yellow electrical tape to look like Mickey shoes and then have the kids do some kind of relay. Like....... take the "food" to the "buffet" Maybe use those cheap tin foil pans filled with tissue paper or popcorn or pictures of food or something? First team to transfer all of their pans down to the buffet while wearing the 'Mickey shoes' wins?

That Hidden Mickey Scavenger Hunt idea is pretty amazing though. It might keep them occupied for a long time!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom