Cheerleaders first week of Dec.?

ROEFan88

Original Poster
Did a quick forum search, but didn't manage to find the answers I'm looking for. Could anyone give me a rough idea of when the young cheerleading squads are in WDW in December?

I seem to remember reading it was the first week, but I hope I'm wrong because it looks like that's when we're likely to go. I also seem to remember reading stories on these forums of people's irritating encounters with them (e.g. cheering on buses/in queues/during shows etc.) Has anyone had any bad experiences with them, and could you please give your two cents regarding to what degree this could affect my trip?

Thanks in advance. :)

Craig & Lisa

Not cheerleaders, but dance troupes. Their not all bad, sometimes your standing next to a group of them and not even know it. And others you knew they were coming long before they were in site. They can get rather inconsiderate and most times they don't have a chaperone with them. The one thing you don't want is to have them on your bus early in the morning. At least 8 different kinds of perfume hit you all at once and here comes your headache.

ROEFan88

Original Poster
Thanks for clarifying things guys.

Just one more question: how do you think they affects crowds and queues? Are there LOADS of them? I know Dec is generally a manic month, but do you think the first week is a sensible enough time to go? Or would the second week be better?

Thanks again.

brkgnews

Not cheerleaders, but dance troupes. Their not all bad, sometimes your standing next to a group of them and not even know it. And others you knew they were coming long before they were in site. They can get rather inconsiderate and most times they don't have a chaperone with them. The one thing you don't want is to have them on your bus early in the morning. At least 8 different kinds of perfume hit you all at once and here comes your headache.
Now, now... you're just jealous because they KNOW that the best way to entertain crowds during a 30-minute queue is to perform every single one of their their team chants. :D

Jessie&Buzz

We were there last year during that time. Other than at AK's extra magic hours (evening) we didn't really hear them cheering in the parks. The ones that we were on buses with were really nice and with parents. Some of them stay at Port Orleans: Riverside. We were at POFQ so we did encounter them on the bus.

fkflintstone

I've been there when the cheerleaders were there ,Thats a mistake I will not make again they are not all bad but the few who are obnoxious and rude can really ruin the moment

malice

I was there last Thanksgiving and the cheerleaders were out in full force. It didn't help that I was staying at All Stars Sports.

Puchita

It seems like a lot of people had really bad experiences with them, but I never have. I went once in the first week of December, and I didn't really notice them. They didn't really affect the crowd levels during the day (and even if they did I couldn't tell), and I never encountered them on the buses (but we stayed at the Port Orleans, not the value resorts). The only annoyance I remember having is I got stuck on Splash Mountain once with a group of them, and they decided to scream bloody murder throughout the whole ride.
But besides that my vacation was pleasant! :)

TheBeatles

When I was 16, I had no problem with cheerleaders staying at my resort :)

They usually leave in the morning for an all day competition so I barley saw them. The only other time was at night, but most of us would still be at the park.

doop

We were there in '01 when Pop Warner was there, and honestly the crowds were fairly light, and we didn't encounter any real problems with their presence.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
That week is Pop Warner week so the cheerleaders are not as prevalent as they are during the cheerleading competitions. Pop Warner's effect of the parks is fairly minor but they do put an impact of the value resorts especially All Star Sports. If you stay at a moderate or better you will barley notice them.

Ashitaka

Pop Warner's effect of the parks is fairly minor but they do put an impact of the value resorts especially All Star Sports. If you stay at a moderate or better you will barley notice them.
According to their website, they have hotel package deals for the Port Orleans Riverside and French Quarter this year. So it looks like those two moderates will be effected too.

Also note that their private celebration party will be on Wednesday, Dec 5th starting at 8:00pm at MGM. Even though they'll have the Studios completely to themselves after 8:00 (it closes at 7:00 to the public), I imagine many will head that way earlier in the day. So that will probably be the only time they make any difference in a park. As I'll be down there Dec 4-8th, I'm going to be avoiding MGM on that Wednesday.

Ausdaddy

According to their website, they have hotel package deals for the Port Orleans Riverside and French Quarter this year. So it looks like those two moderates will be effected too.

Also note that their private celebration party will be on Wednesday, Dec 5th starting at 8:00pm at MGM. Even though they'll have the Studios completely to themselves after 8:00 (it closes at 7:00 to the public), I imagine many will head that way earlier in the day. So that will probably be the only time they make any difference in a park. As I'll be down there Dec 4-8th, I'm going to be avoiding MGM on that Wednesday.

Yeah, I've been at POR when they were there. It was awful. We loved going at Christmas time, but we won't go Pop Warner week ever again. At the very least, you should avoid the Values and PO resorts. Stay at a Deluxe. I would avoid the whole thing.

ImaYoyo

11/17/07
11/18/07

2007 Showcase Productions Holiday Spectacular

11/22/07

2007 Thanksgiving Tour

12/30/07
1/1/08
2007 Capital One Bowl

11/18/08
1/20/08
2008 National College Cheerleading & Dance Championship (UCA/UDA)

2/1/08
2/3/08
2008 National Dance Team Championship (UDA)

2/8/08
2/10/08
2008 National High School Cheerleading Championship (UCA)

2/9/08

2/10/08

2008 Showcase Productions Crystal Showcase

11/18/08
1/21/08
National Performing Arts Festival

2/15/08 2/18/08 Twirl Mania

2/21/08 2/23/08 Singabration

2/23/08 2/24/08 Contest of Champions National Cheerleading Championship

2/29/08 3/2/08 Contest of Champions National Dance/Drill Championship

3/1/08 5/10/08 Festival Disney 2008

3/8/08 6/2/08 MusicFest Orlando

3/7/08 3/9/08 2008 National All-Star Cheerleading Championship (UCA)

3/13/08 3/16/08 Showstoppers Show Choir Invitational

3/14/08 3/16/08 AmeriCheer National Open Cheerleading Championship

2/15/08 2/18/08 National Performing Arts Festival

3/7/08 3/10/08 The Disney Honors
Concert Band, Orchestra & Choral

4/26/08 4/27/08 2008 Cheerleading Worlds Championship

5/22/08 5/25/08 Children in Harmony Choral Festival

6/20/08 6/22/08 2008 National Jump Rope Championship

TBD 2008 Hollywood Vibe Showcase

6/27/08 7/3/08 2008 Co. Dance National Championship

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

Well that stinks. Glad I scheduled for 2nd week of December.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom