Cheerleaders first week of Dec.?

calismic

We specifically moved our trip to the second week in Feb. to avoid the cheerleaders. In all honesty they're not "horrible" but I have a low threshold for tolerance. They barely affect the wait times at all and the CM's are excellent at keeping them from cheering. In fact I took sadistic pleasure in watching groups of cheerleaders being thrown out of the park for doing flips and stunts.

The problems start when you're on a closed in ride with them. For example, my boyfriend and I got packed into the Tower of Terror with a cheerleading team and their coaches. The coaches ENCOURAGED them to scream the entire ride. (Had a horrible headache afterwards.) I was more angered by the poor behavior of the adults than I was by the kids. If you are concerned about them ruining a ride experience ask the CM to wait for the next car/boat. Most are very sympathetic.

Epcotbob

We were there last year during Pop Warner and had the same concerns about cheerleaders everywhere being obnoxious.....

But the whole time there we only saw one obvious group walking through Epcot doing a few chants.....no big deal. They walked by on thier way to Test Track, and that was the last I saw of them (thankfully).

So I wouldn't be too concerned.

Doro

Cheerleaders in December

We were there in Jan of 2000 and 2001 with our college age daughter and her dance and cheer teams. In 2000, we stayed at the All Star Sports and at 2 a.m. the teams were practising their cheers (loudly!) Since this was our first ever trip to the World we weren't really bothered by it. In 2001, we chose to stay at Shades of Green to ensure a good night's sleep. For the most part, we never really ran into any of the teams (that we knew of) because they had to get up early and go to practise and compete. In the evening, most of them went over to Downtown Disney to hit the clubs to dance more!!

We will be leaving for our 5th trip in January 2008 and will stay in Coronado Springs (2005 & 2008.) We have planned most of our trips for just after the MLK holiday and we find the weather to be wonderful, even visiting the water parks. We generally walk onto each ride or wait only a short amount of time. The evenings can get a little chilly, so bring a warm jacket with a hood!

Good luck with your December trip! I hope to plan our next trip around the Christmas holidays because I want to see the World decorated in all those lights!

Doro :xmas:

Chickapin Chick

Is it safe to assume, then, that if you are staying at a Deluxe resort, you will generally be unaffected but the cheerleaders?

I'll be at the Polynesian that week.

ADevereaux

Cheerleaders

I've been there when the cheerleaders were there ,Thats a mistake I will not make again they are not all bad but the few who are obnoxious and rude can really ruin the moment

Got to agree with this.... I'm sure that they aren't all obnoxious but there were enough of them. Plus, they begin practicing cheers at 6:30 p.m. on hotel grounds and go until 10:00 at night. :rolleyes: I won't ever go again when it is a pop warner time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom