Cheer me up please!!

crashnuke

Original Poster
Sorry for sounding like a spoiled brat. But when you are accustomed to go as often as we do, it's difficult not to go. Stripper Minnie sounds like a good idea @ first but I don't want the innocent and naive :p Disney part of my brain crossing swords with my Adult perverse Vegas side :goodnevil

Cmdr_Crimson

Well..You are going to vegas....There is a bit of Disney for you to get a bit excited...Outside of the strip at the Las Vegas outlet they have a Disney Character Warehouse that sells DL Merchandise...It's a fun escape even if your quite aways away from a Disney Park..But I Hope that could cheer you up!

Thomas morrow

I know how you feel we were planning to go for Star Wars weekend 1,(love Star Wars) but had to take vacation in March. I have found that WDW magic is a great help so since we couldn't be there we are going to watch the Hyperspace Hoopla video on this site at 8 oclock. A quick shout out to the cast and crew of the Hoopla for another great show hopefully we will see it live next year it seems like alot of fun. Another great resource is martinsvids.net his videos are as close to being there a you can get. Thank you Martin for sharing the magic with us all. The picture of the day threads can also help there are some really talented people on here you can get lost for hours looking at those pics

trr1

My DW and I made a forward thinking decision in 2010 to not visit WDW in 2011, because nothing new was opening up until 2012 (except ST2). Over the last 10 years my DW, DS and I have pilgrimiged to WDW once or twice every year. Which bring me to my sadness, May and June are usually the months that I book and plan our trip for late August. Once booked and planned I become as giddy/happy as a 5 year old going to WDW for the first time. Not this year. Instead we are going to Vegas for our 25th Anniversary. In fact my usual cheerful demeanor has been replaced with melancholy.:cry:

Can anyone cheer me up?:(

well you could tell DW that since we are this close lets go to disneyland :animwink:

The distance from Las Vegas, NV to Disneyland, CA is 266 miles. It'll take about 4 hours 3 minutes.

NewfieFan

well you could tell DW that since we are this close lets go to disneyland :animwink:

The distance from Las Vegas, NV to Disneyland, CA is 266 miles. It'll take about 4 hours 3 minutes.

Only 4 hours to DL from Vegas!?! That's nothing! I have to drive 4 and a half just to get to the airport so I can fly to WDW. Then it's two planes, one stop-over, and a bus ride to Disney! I'm tired just thinking about it! :snore:

I'd so be sneaking over to DL if I was that close!!!

AEfx

cute-kittenweee.jpg

winning! :)

AEfx

That's an excellent idea.

If you are a WDW visitor, you can do Disneyland/DCA in two days. Longer is preferred for more relaxation, but if you know what you are doing you can see all the major stuff. Some rides are obviously skippable (Dumbo style rides, Muppets, as they are identical to Orlando), which helps - just don't make the mistake of skipping the dark rides because they are all worth doing to see the differences. Even if you only have one full day, you can still hit most of the majors - the CA parks are open much later in general than ours.

BTW, if $ is an issue, there is a Motel 6 within walking distance (they also have a shuttle along with the other local hotels - I think it's like $5/person/day for unlimited) that costs about $50/night. Sure, it's a Motel 6 - but the staff is awesome, and it's newly refurbished and very clean.

forevermickey

That's an excellent idea.

If you are a WDW visitor, you can do Disneyland/DCA in two days. Longer is preferred for more relaxation, but if you know what you are doing you can see all the major stuff. Some rides are obviously skippable (Dumbo style rides, Muppets, as they are identical to Orlando), which helps - just don't make the mistake of skipping the dark rides because they are all worth doing to see the differences. Even if you only have one full day, you can still hit most of the majors - the CA parks are open much later in general than ours.

BTW, if $ is an issue, there is a Motel 6 within walking distance (they also have a shuttle along with the other local hotels - I think it's like $5/person/day for unlimited) that costs about $50/night. Sure, it's a Motel 6 - but the staff is awesome, and it's newly refurbished and very clean.
What a great idea:sohappy: I'm excited for you! DO this, once in a life time opportunity!!!:sohappy:

DizneyPryncess

Just wanted to say ditto on the DL idea! My husband & I did that last year - and it was just 4 hours! Definitely worth it. :)

I hear ya on the being sad about not planning a yearly trip. We also always go in May, and with having a baby on the way we're not going to be going next May. It's going to be weird come fall when I'm not planning ADR's. But you've got Vegas to plan, which will be awesome! And I've got a baby to plan for. So we've got some other stuff to look forward to.

The best part of all of this? Think about how much MORE exciting Disney will be with a year off in between trips! When you go back, you'll get to see the new Fantasyland!

mrsdanalind

Cheeer Up

Wow - that's a hard one.... Okay try this -

Think about how fresh you will be going in next year! It will all be that much more AMAZING to you!

Congrats on the 25 years. My husband and I celebrate our 25th on June 14th of this year. Our Disney vacation is planned for the end of September so we are driving down to Clearwater as an anniversary/July 4th celebration. On the way back I have talked him into stopping at DTD for lunch. It's only a small fix... but it hold me over until September.

We are waiting for 2012 also, but we are going as a family group, with the Great Grand mother, who has never been to Disney world, down to the grand children. I am excited, and starting to mentally plan some things, but on the other hand it seems like such a looong time away. My husband and I will be celebrating our 39th there also,so it's a double dip for us. I keep looking at sites like this and playing you tube videos over and over and over.. LOL :D
Enjoy it.
:xmas:;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom