Cheddar Cheese Soup??

cslafferty

Original Poster
My husband and I just booked an inpromptu long weekend trip to WDW Dec. 2-5. Obviously, I wasn't able to book ADR's 180 days out, and can't for the life of me get ressies at Le Cellier, one of our favorites (although I'll keep trying til we board the plane!). I can get a good steak at home, but we LOVE their Cheddar Cheese soup! I'm not as familiar with EPCOT as I am with the other parks (not a favorite of our kids, so they always wanted to ride TT, MS, and then leave! We're going w/o kids this time!!). Is there by chance a kiosk or QS place in Canada where you can get a bowl of soup and a Canadian beer perhaps?? If not, there should be!! :ROFLOL:

WDWmazprty

I dont think you can get the soup anywhere else, but you can get a beer right outside Le Cellier. At least there was a cart there last time we were there. They have the souvenir glasses you can get also if you want. :wave:

dreamscometrue

You can always get beer at the kiosk, but I believe the only time the cheddar cheese soup is available outside of Le Cellier, is during the Food and Wine Festival.

One of our Disney cookbooks-I believe it's 'Cooking with Mickey and the Disney Chefs'-was purchased mostly to get the Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup recipe. Now, we make our own a few times each year, and I never, ever tire of it. It's still one of my favourite dishes. Perhaps you'll want to get that book too. :)

Btw, some online recipes for the cheddar soup are inaccurate. The 'official' one in the book.

Lexi

I receive a few different Disney newsletters from different sites and write things down in a book if I read something I want to remember..one of things I have starred for my boyfriend is that you can go to the podium for Le Cellier where you check-in and order the cheese soup to go..the person that sent in the tip said not only was the soup just as good (if not better bc she was able to eat it and watch fireworks) but they gave her a free order of the pretzel breadsticks as well :slurp:..that being said I cannot guarantee this as it was in the readers tip section and not the news section..but its definitely worth the try!

tigsmom

You can always get beer at the kiosk, but I believe the only time the cheddar cheese soup is available outside of Le Cellier, is during the Food and Wine Festival.

One of our Disney cookbooks-I believe it's 'Cooking with Mickey and the Disney Chefs'-was purchased mostly to get the Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup recipe. Now, we make our own a few times each year, and I never, ever tire of it. It's still one of my favourite dishes. Perhaps you'll want to get that book too. :)

Btw, some online recipes for the cheddar soup are inaccurate. The 'official' one in the book.

The recipe for the soup has been updated over the years and depending on when the online one was posted you might see a different version. We have both the original and the updated versions posted in our Recipe Thread right here in this forum; there is an Index as well so you can find your favorites easily.

mickeysshoes

Wonder if you went to the check in station if they would sell you a bowl to go and get the beer from the cart and eat outside??:shrug:

dreamscometrue

The recipe for the soup has been updated over the years and depending on when the online one was posted you might see a different version. We have both the original and the updated versions posted in our Recipe Thread right here in this forum; there is an Index as well so you can find your favorites easily.

Thanks for the info. I didn't know that there were different versions, but it makes sense that it's been tweaked over the years. :)

dreamscometrue

OMG...best Youtube video ever!

Okay, that may be a slight exaggeration, but for someone like me who isn't much of a cook, that's so much better than just a recipe. It is now in my 'Youtube Favourites' folder.

Thanks for posting. :wave:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
OMG...best Youtube video ever!

Okay, that may be a slight exaggeration, but for someone like me who isn't much of a cook, that's so much better than just a recipe. It is now in my 'Youtube Favourites' folder.

Thanks for posting. :wave:

Precisely why I kept it! :lol:

You're welcome! :animwink:

dreamscometrue

Precisely why I kept it! :lol:

You're welcome! :animwink:

Thanks again for the video. I can't cook well-I really can't-but I followed the video and made a wicked pot of the Le Cellier Cheddar Cheese Soup today. :sohappy:

It's kind of like liquid gold around here though. Some friends stopped by and were staring at it, and asking questions...I had to say "No soup for you!". I just had to do it. I mean, the recipe doesn't make that much. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom