Cheaper tickets COMING SOON

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
I don’t go to deluxe Disney resorts for daily housekeeping, I go for additional convenience and park access perks. I wonder what percentage of deluxe hotel visitors would (like me) prefer every 3rd or even 4/5th day housekeeping if it meant we got extended evening hours at EP, DHS, and MK every week.
I don’t know if you’re being sarcastic or not because your response borders on satirical.

So let’s assume it’s not.

You know with the money you could save by staying elsewhere you could take that money and buy G+ and LL for you and your family everyday of the trip and get transportation to and from your hotel and have a better resort experience and still save money.

Don’t settle for overpaying for “perks”. There’s a reason why Resort occupancy is at alarming levels.

C33Mom

I don’t know if you’re being sarcastic or not because your response borders on satirical.

So let’s assume it’s not.

You know with the money you could save by staying elsewhere you could take that money and buy G+ and LL for you and your family everyday of the trip and get transportation to and from your hotel and have a better resort experience and still save money.

Don’t settle for overpaying for “perks”. There’s a reason why Resort occupancy is at alarming levels.
Neither sarcastic nor satirical (we do occasionally stay at Swan or Dolphin, but first choice is Beach Club/Yacht Club). My point is that I’m fine overpaying for perks, I just want more actual experience enhancing perks, and not simply making “Deluxe” hotels a little less like a Courtyard and more like a Sheraton.

To your point, we already buy G+ and LL every day of the trip and we often take Minnie Vans between parks instead of waiting for buses/monorails. In order to keep prices lower for the average guest, Disney needs more guests who want to spend $750/night or more on hotel rooms and also buy all of the upsells in the parks and around the resorts…my assumption is that those of us who aren’t total slobs don’t care that much about mousekeeping, we would prefer more unique opportunities to experience the parks in a less exhausting/stressful manner.

IanDLBZF

From what I'm hearing, major ticket discounts will be announced in the next few months. The current offers aren't enough to bring families back to the park, higher ups now realizing that their mindset of the last 10+ years of constantly raising ticket prices has done more damage to the brand than they have imagined.
Where'd you hear this?

wdrive

I don’t go to deluxe Disney resorts for daily housekeeping, I go for additional convenience and park access perks. I wonder what percentage of deluxe hotel visitors would (like me) prefer every 3rd or even 4/5th day housekeeping if it meant we got extended evening hours at EP, DHS, and MK every week.

You’re paying multiple hundreds of dollars a night for a 4 star hotel. You should expect daily housekeeping.

I expect daily house keeping if I’m paying 100 bucks to stay in a local Hampton Inn

C33Mom

You’re paying multiple hundreds of dollars a night for a 4 star hotel. You should expect daily housekeeping.

I expect daily house keeping if I’m paying 100 bucks to stay in a local Hampton Inn
Yes, completely fair point, it’s a sad state of affairs that I don’t even expect the top tier accommodations to have daily housekeeping (let alone room service!)— it helps that I’m a Marriott Ambassador member, but everything about my stays at the Swan/Dolphin (except for walking distance to Epcot and lobby decorations!) is better and easier than the Disney alternatives, though I do like the soaking tubs in the Disney villas and my kids love the themed activities and water parks.

I still think that nobody who visits a Disney deluxe property more than once is doing it because they are expecting a luxury hotel experience and many of us would prefer “extra Disney magic” as opposed to Four Seasons level service.

GigglesMcSnort

Disney can't keep charging champagne prices when everyone is on a beer budget.
Well, maybe if they actually gave you champagne for the price. If they keep charging people for more and more expensive champagne, but keep giving back more and more watered down sparkling grape juice, then it doesn't exactly take a genius to work out why they might be seeing less of the demand level that they would like.

Seeing as I can already stay at a Universal premier hotel (with a a higher level of accommodation and an included use-anytime/any-ride fastpass) for a fraction of the price of a Disney equivalent, then once there's enough to do at Universal for a full week next year, it's going to be a hard sell to get me to stay at Disney again, so they better start hard selling. Nostalgia only goes so far.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom