Cheaper tickets COMING SOON

DisneyAndADoleWhip

This doesn’t bode well for the few that say that it’s the economy / inflation etc. The cruise line industry is booming.
I'm the truest pixie duster there is and will defend the Disney parks like nobody else.....But I cruised DCL for the first time last year, and now I'm seriously considering solely cruising from now on.
I'm betting there's a significant number of folks like me doing the same.

Lilofan

I'm the truest pixie duster there is and will defend the Disney parks like nobody else.....But I cruised DCL for the first time last year, and now I'm seriously considering solely cruising from now on.
Some well to do spending because you cannot take it with you are full time cruisers. They don’t leave the ship and have been cruising for years as a full time resident. Their mentality is

You will never see a U Haul behind a Hearse. You can’t take it with you. The Egyptians tried it and they ended up getting robbed.

Tom P.

It absolutely is. It’s pure greed.

If it were what’s best for the guest it would be an included in the already expensive entry cost. Or the latter would be reduced. And made as simple to use as possible (ie paper system - with digital supplement if absolutely necessary- with one pass at a time)
I agree with you that the current system is pure greed and not what is best for the guest. And that major changes are needed. However, in 2024, there is simply no way Disney is going to revert to a paper-based system. Not a chance.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
…you should try the others…much better value.

But I get your point. Cruises offer little hassle. Orlando offers the exact opposite now. They ensured this by not growing with their crowd years ago

peng

I don't think many are waiting on Epic to open and that's why they didn't travel to orlando this year. IMO, Uni and SeaWorld are likely down because Disney is down. When guests flock in Orlando for theme parks, some go to more than 1

I know the beaches are packed this summer and cruises are booming... I wonder what Di$ney has done to change the normal crowd levels
People view theme parks as expensive wastes of time and most outside press has been calling them that. There's a lot more to do just in the states than theme parks. Another thing is most people don't know about Epic Universe at the moment that aren't extremely online (theme park people and non-theme park people), most normal people lump the Orlando parks together as one. Nintendo World will be a large lure to get guests back to the Orlando area, but people got their fill of theme parks during the pandemic years and are looking to other things. And that's not assuming Bird Flu creates another pandemic that wrecks travel again.
Whatever Disney is selling some shareholders are buying. When Chapek met with shareholders in meetings meetings, sun and fun was at the most luxurious resort at WDW- Four Seasons.
Still find it darkly funny that one of said meetings, which Chapek used to actually go to the parks, as one of the things that angered a lot of the money side of disney. And how McCarthy gave him the boot after using Oogie Boogie Bash out of all things to try to downplay how the film and tv side were losing tons of money.

Tom P.

People view theme parks as expensive wastes of time and most outside press has been calling them that. There's a lot more to do just in the states than theme parks. Another thing is most people don't know about Epic Universe at the moment that aren't extremely online (theme park people and non-theme park people), most normal people lump the Orlando parks together as one. Nintendo World will be a large lure to get guests back to the Orlando area, but people got their fill of theme parks during the pandemic years and are looking to other things. And that's not assuming Bird Flu creates another pandemic that wrecks travel again.
No offense intended, but I believe that literally everything you said in that paragraph is demonstrably false.

peng

No offense intended, but I believe that literally everything you said in that paragraph is demonstrably false.
Feel like I got the "there's more things to do in the US that theme parks" bit right at least, the US is a really big Country after all and I was lucky to be in the northeast for most of my life where you can get to a lot of interesting things within a day's car trip (historical sites, parks, cities, etc).

Also talking from personal experience. Even when my family went to the parks, we would usually go every other year and alternate with other stuff (different beaches, trips to other places in the US, etc), feel other people do the same. Besides, Universal and Seaworld have been traditionally something you tack on when you do something else in Florida either as a a second part of the trip or as something you do on the first/last day before you move on (which is one of the big reasons why EU is being built, so Universal can use it as a way to permanently get out of that perception), so when people are doing things that don't involve going to Florida, the Orlando theme park industry will collectively suffer.

Jrb1979

Feel like I got the "there's more things to do in the US that theme parks" bit right at least, the US is a really big Country after all and I was lucky to be in the northeast for most of my life where you can get to a lot of interesting things within a day's car trip (historical sites, parks, cities, etc).

Also talking from personal experience. Even when my family went to the parks, we would usually go every other year and alternate with other stuff (different beaches, trips to other places in the US, etc), feel other people do the same. Besides, Universal and Seaworld have been traditionally something you tack on when you do something else in Florida either as a a second part of the trip or as something you do on the first/last day before you move on (which is one of the big reasons why EU is being built, so Universal can use it as a way to permanently get out of that perception), so when people are doing things that don't involve going to Florida, the Orlando theme park industry will collectively suffer.
It's always been that way except many still managed to pack the parks with crowds. It's price what's keeping them away.

As much as you say there's more things to do than theme parks, regional parks seem to be very busy for a holiday week while Disney is quiet. Something doesn't add up.

el_super

What is your definition of fine?

Fine enough that we will all be here next year watching the same people ask "WHY DON'T THEY CHANGE COURSE" while they complain about low crowds. And the rest of us will wonder if they really really like crowded parks, or just want to see Disney fail.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Fine enough that we will all be here next year watching the same people ask "WHY DON'T THEY CHANGE COURSE" while they complain about low crowds. And the rest of us will wonder if they really really like crowded parks, or just want to see Disney fail.
If we all weren’t Disney fans we wouldn’t be on here. We also wouldn’t be voicing our opinions wanting things to be better.

Disney has been hurting themselves over the years and the frustrating part is they either don’t see it or don’t care while they just overcharge guests to make up for their bad decisions.

davis_unoxx

Original Poster
IMG_0691.jpeg

Day before 4th of July currently 84 and sunny, wow!

el_super

Disney has been hurting themselves over the years and the frustrating part is they either don’t see it or don’t care while they just overcharge guests to make up for their bad decisions.

Or consider for a second, just a second, that they know exactly what they are doing. They have raised prices and lowered crowds to create a better experience that has a higher guest satisfaction number and desire to return rating. This new experience is generating more revenue for the company and making the shareholders happy.

Really... do you think low crowds are really a BAD thing?

JD80

Yes definitely not good!

I really don’t get how people are ignoring the fact, attendance is going down.

Even last year Christmas Day and the days before were unusually quiet.

A few weeks ago I posted wait times, people said schools weren’t fully out for summer yet. What’s the excuse now?
I was there the week before Christmas last year up through the 23rd. It was not unusually quiet at all.

el_super

Day before 4th of July currently 84 and sunny, wow!

Seems like a nice day.

Luckily, I checked and it seems that thrill-data actually does have a nice chart for yearly average wait times:

1720015743983.png

I'm sure they are really sweating that 1 minute average decline this year (which will probably go back up toward the holidays anyway).

Bocabear

I was there first weekend in June and it was not quiet at all...huge throngs of people...Long waits for attractions... maybe there are some quieter days? not sure...but everytime they say the place is dead, I go and find it very crowded....

Lilofan

Go figure - some complain about low crowds predicting Disney to fail, then when the parks are crowded , complain it is too crowded.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Or consider for a second, just a second, that they know exactly what they are doing. They have raised prices and lowered crowds to create a better experience that has a higher guest satisfaction number and desire to return rating. This new experience is generating more revenue for the company and making the shareholders happy.

Really... do you think low crowds are really a BAD thing?
Does anyone really think they have created a higher guest satisfaction and desire to return rating post covid?

I love low crowds when I'm there... but it's the sign of a larger problem.... the parks are stagnant, nothing is being built to even open anytime in the next few years... prices continue to go up everywhere, complexity in planning a park day increases, attraction downtimes are getting worse, etc. etc. etc. .... things are not good (in terms of trends and forecasting) and they know it

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom