Cheaper tickets COMING SOON

Lilofan

We on these forums understand the park business better than those shareholder callers. They just want money, they have no clue what’s going on in the parks other than what Bob wants them to believe
Whatever Disney is selling some shareholders are buying. When Chapek met with shareholders in meetings meetings, sun and fun was at the most luxurious resort at WDW- Four Seasons.

davis_unoxx

Original Poster
Come now…you know numbers are only “real” when they can be twisted to cover for our lord and saviour Robert Iger…

Cruises are booming

So it’s not people aren’t traveling.

Yep exactly! I really don’t get why people are lying on this board saying travel is down, when it’s not! More people taking vacations than ever, and Soarin’ is a 5 minute wait and real hotel occupancy is in the 60s maybe lower…

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’m sure plenty of people want that job — but as a global diversified conglomerate that’s value is tied to its family-friendly brand and consumer trust but also a dozen other industry and macro trends, it’s really hard to find someone with the qualifications to handle all the key elements of the role and the charisma and judgment to be the CEO. More germane to this thread, I don’t think either Bob really understands or cares about the importance of the parks experience for building lifelong loyalty. Bob and Josh should be forced to spend a whole day in each park at least once a quarter (in disguise without enough money for LL access)— might help them understand why folks here are fed up.

The main theme here seems to be complaining about price, but I think that treating the U.S. parks as a cash cow without providing a vacation experience that consistently meets or exceeds the expectations of those shelling out money (especially those who can remember more than 5 years back) is actually the bigger problem for the whole company (or at least the Disney brand…probably not going to impact the sports gamblers who watch ESPN too much, lol).
Bob Iger was never the successor…or textbook “qualified” before he took over.

He was a compromise after a bloody, public internal power struggle.

The “there’s nobody that can do it” is a myth…written by Bob Iger and his puppets at THR and cnbc

If he sunk his boat tomorrow…would they dismantle TWDC and sell off the parks for scrap? No…they’d just get serious and find someone

No huge public company should be this hostage to the cult of personality

Especially not this pathetic one.

Last edited:

Lilofan

Bob Iger was never the successor…or textbook “qualified” before he took over.

He was a compromise after a bloody, public internal power struggle.

The “there nobody that can do it” is a myth…written by Bob Iger and his puppets at THR and cnbc

If he sunk his boat tomorrow…would they dismantle TWDC and sell off the parks for scrap? No…they’d just get serious and find someone

No huge public company should be this hostage to the cult of personality

Especially not this pathetic one.
Iger who may not have been first choice had to fill Eisner position due to the fact that Roy Disney and Stanley Gold to convince the shareholders to help them get rid of Eisner in the Save Disney campaign which was mission accomplished.

Disone

Yep exactly! I really don’t get why people are lying on this board saying travel is down, when it’s not! More people taking vacations than ever, and Soarin’ is a 5 minute wait and real hotel occupancy is in the 60s maybe lower…
Travel is down in Orlando. Universal and Sea world are also having a soft summer.

Travel in general seems to fine, cruises have hit 2019 levels, airports are jammed.... but if I had to guess many are traveling elsewhere this summer waiting until next summer to return to Orlando when Epic opens.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Travel is down in Orlando. Universal and Sea world are also having a soft summer.

Travel in general seems to fine, cruises have hit 2019 levels, airports are jammed.... but if I had to guess many are traveling elsewhere this summer waiting until next summer to return to Orlando when Epic opens.
So you’re saying people won’t go to Orlando because of an under construction universal park?

Do you think more than 20% of the US population has any clue that there’s a universal park opening? Or when it’s opening?

GhostHost1000

Premium Member

I don't think many are waiting on Epic to open and that's why they didn't travel to orlando this year. IMO, Uni and SeaWorld are likely down because Disney is down. When guests flock in Orlando for theme parks, some go to more than 1

I know the beaches are packed this summer and cruises are booming... I wonder what Di$ney has done to change the normal crowd levels

Disone

So you’re saying people won’t go to Orlando because of an under construction universal park?

Do you think more than 20% of the US population has any clue that there’s a universal park opening? Or when it’s opening?
???? no not because of construction. They aren't avoiding they are waiting for it to open. There is a difference between those two factors.

20 percent of the US population? Completely irrelevant. Now some percent of the population that plans trips to Walt Disney World / Universal in Orlando? Absolutely yes.

It would not be the first time Orlando has a soft summer prior to a major theme parking opening or offering coming online.

This does not bode well for WDW and in this case it positions Universal well to snag a much larger chuck of the travel market.

Doom and gloom enough for you? ;)

Disone

Outkicked their price coverage and caused a hassle/planning nightmare by “strategically” reducing supply in a vain effort to charge more for it?
Agree this is a factor and is exasperating the issue for Walt Disney World.
yep....and popcorn buckets and loungefly bags can only re-attract so many
Also yes! But you forgot cupcakes.

davis_unoxx

Original Poster
Agree this is a factor and is exasperating the issue for Walt Disney World.

Also yes! But you forgot cupcakes.
You mean you don’t want to pay $6 for a cupcake?

I’m born in 2001, I would really like to know how much a bottle of water at parks or resorts was in that time, and then adjusted for inflation vs current prices.

When I was at Disneyland last year as a CM, there was large smart water bottles for I believe almost $10 lol.

Disone

I’m born in 2001, I would really like to know how much a bottle of water at parks or resorts was in that time, and then adjusted for inflation vs current prices.

When I was at Disneyland last year as a CM, there was large smart water bottles for I believe almost $10 lol.
I don't mind the six bucks so much as having a secure to park reservation to get into the park and then the virtual queue they get into the bakery line to pay the six bucks for the cupcake.

That's just a lot of effort.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member

well in their defense, they probably don't want to sell too many Smart Waters because people may wise up and not spend as much at Disney

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
???? no not because of construction. They aren't avoiding they are waiting for it to open. There is a difference between those two factors.

20 percent of the US population? Completely irrelevant. Now some percent of the population that plans trips to Walt Disney World / Universal in Orlando? Absolutely yes.

It would not be the first time Orlando has a soft summer prior to a major theme parking opening or offering coming online.

This does not bode well for WDW and in this case it positions Universal well to snag a much larger chuck of the travel market.

Doom and gloom enough for you? ;)
We’re just in an amusement park echo chamber here…obviously…and I think we overestimate how much the actual market cares?

“Wait until next year” seems more like a relic of the travel agent era…also realize people travel with far more frequency than before…there’s just less overall travelers as the wealth gap widens.

Wdw is fighting an image problem.
And by “fighting”…I mean attempting to squeeze nickels out of the customers that are still showing up

Lilofan

We line up at the water fountains in the parks to fill up our water bottles and or ask the cast for free ice water.

Lilofan

I don't think many are waiting on Epic to open and that's why they didn't travel to orlando this year. IMO, Uni and SeaWorld are likely down because Disney is down. When guests flock in Orlando for theme parks, some go to more than 1

I know the beaches are packed this summer and cruises are booming... I wonder what Di$ney has done to change the normal crowd levels
Like offering cheaper tickets and discounts ?

Lilofan

Doesn’t seem to be helping yet does it?
When Iger and the CFO meets with Wall Street in the next public quarterly conference call let’s see what magic he will pull out of the hat. With 70% of Americans living paycheck to paycheck, value seems to be the buzzword ( ie cruising ). Going to the beach is an option but you won’t find me at the shark capital , New Smyrna Beach FL. Jaws is looking for his snack.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom