Characters in Flight Closed?

olinecoach61

I think it's grounded until they are sure it's safe. Too bad, while I hadn't yet had the opportunity to try it, I thought it looked cool.

Captain Chaos

Well nothing wrong with removing something for the company who runs it to inspect it... Better safe than sorry... of course, it may never come back again, but with DTD, nothing shocks me anymore.. Seems like that area is just cursed...

Kenan

good riddance! i was there yesterday i was so happy NOT to see it. bought a smile to my face actually =) bad addition to DTD.

menamechris

No I did try it, I did not think it was honestly worth the money

I never tried it because of the price, to be honest. I couldn't personally fathom how a six minute ride would be worth almost $20. But again, that's just my opinion. I didn't feel that the balloon was a bad attraction or "add" to Downtown Disney - I just personally agreed with the statement about not liking to be able to see it from different areas of the resort.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Man, I'm glad I tried it! JUST in time, too! I rode it on Thursday!
It's expensive, yes, but a unique offering for frequent visitors.

Cmdr_Crimson

Glad I had to experience it once....That's all that was needed....I do hope they get rid of it and bring something better to keep people at DTD.

Polydweller

Glad I had to experience it once....That's all that was needed....I do hope they get rid of it and bring something better to keep people at DTD.
Keep in mind that the balloon is not a Disney business, it's Aerophile. It's just like Planet Hollyood, Rainforest, Splitsville, etc. It's a private business paying for the right to operate there.

From the opening day at Disneyland there have always been private companies renting space to operate in Disney parks. If Aerophile wants to continue to pay to do this they will.

So what we should really wish for is not getting rid of the balloon , but the addition of something else at DTD.

Skooterkid

I'm glad Disney put safety before profit. But I hope it reopens before my trip in August, as I was hoping to experience it for the first time!

71jason

Agreed, I don't get how people can not care for something they admittedly never tried.

Tried it--overpriced for what it is. Guides flat-out lied (or are severely underinformed about Orlando) in an attempt to make the view seem better than it is. Ultimately can't shake the realization that Sea World has the same ride in terms of height/duration, but also air conditioned, for free.

Which has nothing to do with "bad show," which is the point Master Gracey was making. Love Space Mountain, but it would be out of place on MSUSA.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom