Character Voicemails for Resort Guests

Captain Hank

Original Poster
A neat little program was just announced for resort Guests. If a Guest mentions that they're celebrating a special occasion during the booking process a special voicemail is scheduled for delivery to the Guest's room upon arrival. There are specific voicemails for birthdays and anniversaries, plus a catch-all "I'm Celebrating" one, and they're all done by Mickey and Minnie. They're similar to the celebration phone calls that can be initiated by a Cast Member (actually, I think the anniversary one is the same as the phone call). Not a huge deal, but a nice little thing.

CptnEO

Wow! I thought it was cool that I got a birthday button on my last trip. This just adds to the excitement. Now I have to start booking another birthday trip.

paul436

These phone calls are great! I remember being in a store at the GF and the CM saw my daughter's birthday button. He made a call and put her on the phone with Goofy (if I remember correctly) who wished her a Happy Birthday! It was priceless.

Cmdr_Crimson

This is interesting..I would like to see if they are new recordings of Bret Iwan or if they are ones that were done by Wayne..

wdwmomof3

Pretty cool.

This should add a nice little magical touch to everyones trip.

It would have been neat, but we didn't get a call. Not only that but we had our buttons on every night at dinner and only once, in nine nights, did anyone say anything and it was at Chef Mickeys. :shrug:
It was fine though, we had a ball. :animwink:

WorldSpirit

You mention that the information is given during the booking process. I used the online system to make my booking. Is there some way to add this information later, so that we can get the call when we arrive?

Captain Hank

Original Poster
Sorry, I've never used the normal WDW online booking site, so I don't know. If there isn't an option when you book, you can always give Central Reservations a call and give them your confirmation number. They should be able to add a Celebration to your reservation that way.

Disneykidder

That's pretty cool. I love how Disney finds these little touches to do. :)

We love getting the character wake up calls. Even if we don't need the wake up call, we get one anyway so we can hear the characters.

kashmir

Birthday wishes

It would have been neat, but we didn't get a call. Not only that but we had our buttons on every night at dinner and only once, in nine nights, did anyone say anything and it was at Chef Mickeys. :shrug:
It was fine though, we had a ball. :animwink:

When we visited, "the noted" reservation and celebrations buttons did nothing special and no special calls were given, no special events happened...it was sad (and we even reminded CMs of the event at times!)

When we visited, "the noted" reservation and celebrations buttons did nothing special and no special calls were given, no special events happened...it was sad (and we even reminded CMs of the event at times!)

It seems to be very hit or miss lately with the celebration magic. I've seen days where it seems like EVERY CM has stopped to say Happy Birthday, or in our case recently, Happy Anniversary. For our Honeymoon, we got a little card with some balloons attached to it that was signed by Mickey and Minnie.

I guess we were just lucky, because at most other times, when visiting with friends, who WERE resort guests, nothing special happened. Granted, the free day in the park for birthdays was special in and of itself, but still. Disney has set the standard, and they shouldn't be upset if we call them on not maintaining it.

Captain Hank

Original Poster
Just a quick question, what were you celebrating? There are "standard" reactions/responses/events if a Guest is celebrating a birthday, anniversary, wedding or engagement. With the rest of the celebrations & celebration buttons (especially the "I'm Celebrating" one), there's not much that we can really "do," besides asking "what are you celebrating?"

dreamfinder

On our belated disneymoon a few weeks ago, both my wife and I wore the Just Married buttons. (She likes those better than the honeymoon ones) I think getting the voicemail in the room would have been a nice touch, since I still grab the phone for the wake up call in the morning. I can see it being greatly appreciated. We got a plethora of congratulations, as well as some unexpected freebies. At Boma we got a dessert sampler plate of stuff not on the buffet, Jiko brought us a congratulations card, as well as a sample of their creme brulee, (which rang up as Celebration Dessert). And most of the photopass photographers would notice them after taking our photos, and have us do some more kissing, hugging, etc, shots that were above and beyond the typical one portrait and one landscape shot. Many characters picked up on it, face characters would ask where my other half was (when I had a solo day) and many of the male characters tried to steal my wife from me, but not til after they saw the buttons. All that said though, the highlight of the trip was when we were walking down Main Street after the opening ceremony. All of a sudden, Aladdin is standing at my wifes shoulder. Starts talking with her, commenting on how nice it is to be newlyweds. And then cracks a comment about how getting married is nice, it's like A Whole New World... He then skipped off down Main Street swinging around the lamp posts on his way to Adventureland. Now I'm fairly certain he wasn't supposed to take that way to his meet and great, but its all my wife talked about for the rest of the trip. It's little stuff like that. Completely out of the blue, and completely unexpected that makes it Disney. We wore the pins since I proposed in Epcot, and they didn't have the "Just Engaged" ones then, and just wanted to make it special, and weren't expected anything but got lots of extra magic out of it. So if anyone is friends with Aladdin at the MK, tell him thanks for us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom