Character Question...PLEASE HELP!

loading890

Original Poster
Ok......I am going to Disney for the first time since 1995, and this time I am bringing my daughter. I want her to experience the "classic characters" like the characters in the films from snow white, pinocchio, robin hood, and peter pan. Last time i was there, they were pretty easy to find, minus jiminy crickett and the other 6 dwarfs.

As i'm reading through some recent posts, it sounds like the only characters they display anymore are the originals (mickey, donald, etc.......and the pooh characters).

My alltime favorite is pinocchio, and it would be depressing to know that he is no longer anywhere to be found. Also i heard that they "retired" Brer Fox. What exactly does this mean? He used to be a very easy character to find in the park.

On a side note, i am also interested in seeing some of the newer characters from toy story and monsters inc. Are these hard to find?

I know that alot of cast members view this board, so if anybody could please help, it would be much appreciated! Thanks!!

David

Normally, the classic characters are in the parks, but you may not know where or whoo be at the signings. It's a good idea to be at the parks when they open, because a lot of the characters are around the entrances. Get a park map when you enter and they will direct you to where the characters will be, but not necessarily what characters will be where.

Pippa

Your best bet for Monsters Inc and Toy Story is MGM Studios. Characters can turn up anywhere sometimes without warning (which is half the fun) so keep that camera and autograph book handy at all times!!
:wave:

netenyahoo

There are a lot of characters around when the parks open. Town Square at MK always seems to have a couple characters. Also, ask any CM to see if a character you are looking for will be out that day and where.

wannabeBelle

I have seen a bunch of the characters you are talking about in the entrance area to Magic Kingdom almost every morning I have been there. Also there is Cinderella's Surprise Celebration, after which a BUNCH of characters come out to do a Meet & Greet thing. Also I remember reading on another post that there is a Chiop hotline which a cast member can call to find out where the characters will be, who will be there and when. Good luck!!! Belle

lolokittie

I know Pinoccho is still around, mainly with the Cinderella's Surprise in MK. Peter Pan is around Pirates of the Caribbean along with other Pan characters, and the other great gathering of Characters is at the hat in MGM.

hadesrules

When we were there in November, we saw a lot of characters. Peter Pan, Captain Hook & Mr. Smee were near Pirates of the Caribbean, Pinocchio & Geppetto were in the Town Square area of Main Street, U.S.A. The Town Square area and the area near the hat in MGM Studios (not sure of the correct name; I'm sure someone will take delight in correcting me!) were very organized. The characters appeared and left on a regular schedule, and returned to the same location after their break, so you could just wait for a specific character to come out. It is true that a lot of characters come out after Cinderella's Surprise Celebration, but I found it to be extremely unorganized. Most of the other locations had rope barriers forming lines, but this was just chaos. There's a rope separating you from the characters, but everyone jams together to get at the characters. We didn't see Br'er Fox, but did see Br'er Bear outside Splash Mountain on several occassions. Hope this helps.

hoppypooh

My husband and I were at WDW in January and found it difficult to meet & greet characters in a spontaneous fashion. In my opinion, your best bet is to check out the daily info guide at each of the parks. There are designated "character greeting areas" where sets of characters appear at certain times during the day. Often there are long-ish lines, but if you show up 5-10 minutes in advance of the posted time, you will usually be at the head of the line - minimizing the wait for popular characters.

While there certainly is a prevalence of more recent characters (and the Pooh gang) - the classics are still there too! We thought that one of the best places for meeting classic characters was the greeting area in front of the castle at MK.

Also, more specifically: I rememeber that the characters from Toy Story appear several times a day in a greeting area outside Al's Toy Barn at MGM Studios. Hook and Smee from Peter Pan appear in a greeting area near Pirates of the Caribbean at MK. And we saw Brer Bear in Frontierland at MK.

The afternoon parades at MK (Share a Dream Come True) and MGM (Stars & Motor Cars) also offer many of the classics on beautiful floats.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
The pinnochio characters aren't hard to find at all... check MK in the morning on Main Street, and by the castle after Cinderella's Surprise celebration... also, check Epcot on the character bus.

And you can see Nemo in Epcot by the Living Seas, the Toy Story/Monsters Inc characters in MGM, and Flik and Atta in AK

kellydisney

I saw Snow White & all 7 dwarves near the old 20k leagues under the sea ride which is now Character signing station. Then they did a parade back and fourth through Toon Town on another day. You just have to keep your eyes open and also ask a cast member. They have a hotline they can call to find out who will be where when. If I remember correctly it's called the chip hotline. The only character you won't be able to meet I think is Tinkerbell. Good luck!

loading890

Original Poster
Well.........thanks everybody for your help. I can't wait to get there again!

Anybody ever have any luck with the Big bad wolf and the 3 pigs?

Sir Hiss527

Umm...the Pigs, and the Big Bad Wolf, I'm not sure if you can meet them, but there in SpectroMagic. Happy Hunting for the characters! Good Luck!

LivefortheMouse

The best way to see lots of diffrent characters is by staing at one of the many disney resorts. they have the extra magic hour and at the time all the characters greet you at the door and there all out we saw captin hook and mr smeade,snow white, geine,aurora,belle,and all the classic characters we even saw tweede dee and tweedle dumb. It was great seeing all these character so early that way we can get right to riding. another good way of seeing characters is doing a character breakfast,lunch or dinner this way u get some personal time with ur favorites. they even have one that has marry poppins. toy story monters and lilo and stich are likely found at disney studios. have fun:D

loading890

Original Poster
Does anybody know if they still have the Oliver and Company cast, as well as any characters from Aristocats, Rescurers, Bambi? When i went in the early 90's, oliver had just come out and they were everywhere. My mom has pics from her early years with Flower and some aristocats and rescurers.

PhilharMagician

Yes, look at the schedule for the day for the meet and greets. We had good luck with the following.

Future land in MK we found Toy Story characters by Spae Ranger Spin. You can also find Alice in Wonderland caracter near the Mad Teacups (even tweedle dee and tweedle dum).

At the entrance to the park yo can find Gepetto and Pinochio and many of the classic characters.

In Toon town you can meet Mickey and Minnie, Cinderella w/ Suzie and Pearla the mice from Cinderella. Also have seen Goofy and Max in front of the th Barnstormer.

Over by the Jungle cruise and Pirates of the Carribean you should find Alladin, Genie, Peter Pan, Mr. Smee, Captain Hook.

In Fantasy land you will find Ariel, Snow White and the seven Dwarfs and I have seen Cinderella signing just behind the castle in late evening.

Just make sure you get a autograph book and keep it handy. Next is prepare for the battle to get the autographs. My daughter had to have everyones autograph she saw and we spent more time geting them than anything else that week. We also did something cool. We weree @ MGM and were over by the Magic of Disney Animation and had an Animator draw a beautiful picture of Minnie Mouse in here autograph book and then had Minnie Mouse sign next to it. My daughter cherishes that.:sohappy: :sohappy:

Have fun and good luck.

dae_woods

From what I can remember, the monster's inc. characters turn up at specific times in a place back in MGM kinda right across from Who wants to be a millionaire. As for the certain times, I do not know, but i do know that there was always a pretty significant line.:hammer:

MouseInMyPants

re: Big Bad Wolf

You can see the Big Bad Wolf, as well as other impossible-to-find characters like Scrooge McDuck, at many of the holiday events....Lots of villains at Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party and Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party.... I got some great autographs and photos at those things...

Jason

armyfamilyof5

Does anybody know if they still have the Oliver and Company cast, as well as any characters from Aristocats, Rescurers, Bambi? When i went in the early 90's, oliver had just come out and they were everywhere. My mom has pics from her early years with Flower and some aristocats and rescurers.

We saw one of the Aristocats characters at France in Epcot, just an adorable kitty! She's been there every time we've gone for the past couple years posing for pictures.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom