Character Pictures

mikemand25

Original Poster
I have a question. I had a family friend just return from the world and was a little upset. She is an adult and wanted to have her picture taken with Mickey at Epcot. However the cast member with Mickey at the time would not let her have her picture taked. The cast member said it was for children only. Is there some kind of policy or something that does not allow adults to take picture with the characters? These seemed a little odd to me.

meryll83

I have a question. I had a family friend just return from the world and was a little upset. She is an adult and wanted to have her picture taken with Mickey at Epcot. However the cast member with Mickey at the time would not let her have her picture taked. The cast member said it was for children only. Is there some kind of policy or something that does not allow adults to take picture with the characters? These seemed a little odd to me.
I hope this isn't the case, I NEED to have my picture taken with Stitch on my next visit!

MARCMOUSE

I just returned from Disney on October 14th. I was able to have my picture taken with Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Chip and Dale and Stitch all at Epcot. I went into the Character Connection and was given no problem at all. It was a great time. I would suggest going to the Character Connection between 11 and 1 as most people are eating lunch around that time. I was able to have my picture taken with each of those characters in about a half hour.

I hope it works out for you on your next trip!

pacochran

I've never seen this happen, in fact with us it's been the opposite. My Wife and I like just having the kids pictures taken with the characters, and a couple of times, the CM and charactors have tried to get us in the pictures too.

napnet

Ive never had a problem getting my picture taken. They usually laugh or smirk at me cause I'm 27 years old but i don't care :)

Buford

this can't be a policy..... I am sure the Cast Member was mistaken or brand new..... sorry to hear about that! :(

mikemand25

Original Poster
man if that was me, I would be like.. I'VE BEEN COMING HERE SINCE 1985 AND THAT IS NOT THE POLICY YOU UNQUALIFIED IDIOT. lol

Yeah I have been going for over 15 years every month and have never seen this before. That is why I was asking it seems weird that she ran into this problem

LpMcQuack

Hope this isn't part of the strategy for year of a million dreams...................it's shame too, because there are some outstanding CM's who love doing what they do , "Making the Magic" no matter how old or young a guest is & then you have some that treat their "roles as CM's" as a 9 to 5 job.......this place is an entertainment resort, no one cares if you hate doing this & you took this "role" because you needed a job.......make with the magic, make believe I'm somewhere special,..........

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I am going to have to go with the miscommunication theory. I take my picture with the characters all the time and I am 35.

JimboJones123

Sounds like somebody w/the CRANKS was wrangler that day. Nothing was going to make them happy. 2 choices, complain, or let it go, come back in a few hours. If you are stewing and didn't do either, sorry. This isn't and will never be policy. Not all cast members are nice people, or are properly trained.

In those situations you can either get over it, or complain so they know for next time.

I've met my share of "ill informed" cast members too. I have gotten mad, esp at the character wranglers. But is fighting with them or being mad going to help?

If something Disney is broken, they want to fix it. Sorry this did happen to you though.

ZapperZ

There must be something going on here, or something not quite what it seems. It has never been a policy as long as I've been there where pictures with characters are only for children.

Where did your friend go? Is this the Character Connection that is indoors? I know for a fact that this is open to everyone. In fact I can show you tons of pictures that I had with the characters - and we had no children with us at all. Or was this one of those special events for children only? That to me would be the only possible explanation, but that seems highly unusual.

Bottom line: pictures with characters are not restricted only to children. Any quick browse of members pictures in the photo album of this forum can verify that.

Zz.

DavyPR

I got back 3 weeks ago and I had my picture taken with all the caracters in cc and I'm 41, maybe they felt bad for me because I still don't act my age:)

kennygman

I've never heard of this happening. It's never happened to us.

JimboJones123

The only restriction I've EVER seen is when disabled kids visit Mickey at MK, they get a SOLO trip to visit him as long as they want. Which is very cool BTW.

rbrower

I'm sorry that you didn't get to get your picture taken with Mickey. That isn't a policy as far as I know. I hope that you can get the picture on your next trip!

ELopez

This had to be a case of your friend approaching Mickey while he was participating in a special event. She probably didn't even realize it.

I have ocassionally seen a character with a group of children or a family having their picture made, but when guests tried to approach them for their own picture, a cast member would not allow it because of special circumstances, i.e - Make a Wish, or something of the like.

I can't imagine she would be turned down simply because she is an adult.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom