Character Pete

phlip78

Original Poster
Can someone tell me when Disney will realize how popular Pete is becoming and make him a meet n greet character or at least sell items with him on olit. Plush, shirts, etc. he is on MMCH every episode so kids know him now. Missing a big oppurtunity here.

Tom

Beta Return
Can someone tell me when Disney will realize how popular Pete is becoming and make him a meet n greet character or at least sell items with him on olit. Plush, shirts, etc. he is on MMCH every episode so kids know him now. Missing a big oppurtunity here.

I'm guessing Pete is a new kid's cartoon character?

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member

November 17, 2015, at 10:37 am.

Pete is already the host of the Silly Sideshow meet n greet in Fantasyland.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I'm guessing Pete is a new kid's cartoon character?
Pete is the oldest Disney character still in use today. Pete was created before Mickey, and appeared in the Alice Comedies. He is currently in heavy use in the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse series, and hosts the Silly Sideshow in New Fantasyland.

You really do need to get to the Treasures of the Archives exhibit!

Tom

Beta Return
Pete is the oldest Disney character still in use today. Pete was created before Mickey, and appeared in the Alice Comedies. He is currently in heavy use in the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse series, and hosts the Silly Sideshow in New Fantasyland.

Ok, yeah, I knew about that Pete. I just thought the OP was talking about a new one....just the way it was worded.

Cmdr_Crimson

Pegleg Pete. Mickey's Enemy, Goofy's Neighbor and all around baddie..
3140736_140412028399_2.jpg

Magenta Panther

But is Pete a walkaround character? I've never seen him...

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.

Matt_Black

Yes i know of the silly sideshow but you can't meet him. I found it odd to put his name on it but not be able to meet him. Kids love him from mickey mouse clubhouse.

On the plus side, they got Jim Cummings to record some bits of Pete hawking the show outside, and those are quite amusing.

HouCuseChickie

I think part of the problem with Pete is that Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Pete's Silly Sideshow make him out to be fairly likeable- possibly annoying to some and needy at worst, but earlier Pete is not so nice. I remember being kind of confused when I first saw him appear on Clubhouse as I'd always perceived him to be a villain- or at least an aggressive/scary type if he wasn't an actual villain. When Pete's Silly Sideshow debuted without an actual Pete M&G, I wondered if the noted identity conflicts were to blame.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom