Character Pete

Matt_Black

Yes, Pete was a villain at times. BUT he was also the official mascot of the United States Merchant Marines during World War II. He's a national treasure.

ToyStoryMiss

I was actually going to start a thread on this! But, the OP beat me to it..oh well. :p
I've noticed this too, recently..I've always wanted to meet Pete! But I researched yesterday and it said that "Despite his increasing popularity and history, Pete has never made an actual live appearance." :confused:

JIMINYCR

Yes, Pete was a villain at times. BUT he was also the official mascot of the United States Merchant Marines during World War II. He's a national treasure.

Heres the Pete insignia. Disney came up with some great ones for different armed services and groups !!!

Original:
disneyorig.jpg
Redone:
disney5.jpg

LizC

My 3 year old was just asking he if we will meet Pete during our next trip to Disney World. Pete is a huge part of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, and from a kids point of view he is not seen as a bad guy at all. Hopefully Disney will add him in the future. My kids ask for Max (Goofy's son) too.

Brer Panther

For what it's worth, a Pete costume did at one point exist... The Disney Wiki has a picture for it. I think it was used in a Disney On Ice show.

Petewaltdisneyworldonice.jpg

Magenta Panther

One of the best parts of the "Three Musketeers" DVD is the voice-over commentary by Pete, Mickey, Goofy and Donald. Pete walks away with it, easily. He's very friendly towards the other characters - they're all just fellow actors, after all. :)

SnarkyMonkey

I like this character too. I never knew he was called Pete the Cat (which is also the name of a series of completely unrelated children's books by the way). I also didn't know he was the Marine mascot. It is true that you learn something new every day!

LizC

From what I understand, he's used occasionally for Character Palooza at DHS, Epcot training, and the occasional marathon appearance.

Good to know, we will have to keep a look out for him on our next trip. My kids watch those Christmas specials on Netflix a lot and he is in all of those.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom