Character Pete

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
It's kind of really sad how many people from these forums are confused about who Pete is..!

I'm surprised he's never put in any of the villain events as a walk around character! Does he even have a walk around character costume?

brb1006

I remember getting hyped when Storybook Circus was new and I seen a sign featuring Pete. I was hoping he was finally a new meetable character but is only seen as a sign and his voice can be heard outside the entrance.

Fox&Hound

I agree with others that it is a crime Pete is not a character you can meet in any Disney park. Add him to Pete's Silly sideshow as a character you can meet (wow what a crazy idea!) and other rare characters and you would have a reason for people to get excited about that area.

As a side note, I have often wondered why Huey, Dewey, and Louie never make an appearance on Mickey Mouse Club House or new Mickey cartoons. Seems like they have vanished altogether....

brb1006

I agree with others that it is a crime Pete is not a character you can meet in any Disney park. Add him to Pete's Silly sideshow as a character you can meet (wow what a crazy idea!) and other rare characters and you would have a reason for people to get excited about that area.

As a side note, I have often wondered why Huey, Dewey, and Louie never make an appearance on Mickey Mouse Club House or new Mickey cartoons. Seems like they have vanished altogether....

I did seen a photo of Pete at one of the older Disney On Ice shows. But that's about it, knowing he was one of Mickey's oldest arch nemesis you would think Pete would actually be at Storybook Circus.

Also the last time I seen Huey,Dewey, and Louie on television or in animated form was in the Mickey's Twice Upon A Christmas movie. They do show up more often in the Kingdom Hearts series but have much of a speaking role. They also do meet and greets at Disneyland Paris during certain events.

Last edited:

brb1006

Pete is the oldest Disney character still in use today. Pete was created before Mickey, and appeared in the Alice Comedies. He is currently in heavy use in the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse series, and hosts the Silly Sideshow in New Fantasyland.

You really do need to get to the Treasures of the Archives exhibit!
He also shows up in the newer Mickey Mouse shorts from time to time .

brb1006

I was actually going to start a thread on this! But, the OP beat me to it..oh well. :p
I've noticed this too, recently..I've always wanted to meet Pete! But I researched yesterday and it said that "Despite his increasing popularity and history, Pete has never made an actual live appearance." :confused:
Wasn't he at one of the older Disney On Ice shows?

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
I'd imagine they'll return to both the shows and the parks when the new DuckTales comes out.

Also, sign me up for the "I want to meet Pete" list.

brb1006

One of the best parts of the "Three Musketeers" DVD is the voice-over commentary by Pete, Mickey, Goofy and Donald. Pete walks away with it, easily. He's very friendly towards the other characters - they're all just fellow actors, after all. :)
That was my favorite part of using the DVD version of Three Musketeeers. I remember hearing the Mickey & Friends along with Pete giving their behind the scenes about their roles in the film. Only for the beginning though, I was always bummed out knowing it wasn't going to be the cast giving their commentary on the entire film.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom