Character Dining

akmr01

Original Poster
Will be visiting WDW for the first time in May and looking for some advice on what character dining to go to!

Family with 2 children - age 4 and 2 - they love Mickey, Minnie, Donald etc and the Princesses!

Which character dining will be most suitable - would prob prefer the breakfast ones.

Also, I'm assuming anyone can go to the character dining and not just residents of Disney hotels - we're staying in a villa!

Thanks

lebeau

Will be visiting WDW for the first time in May and looking for some advice on what character dining to go to!

Family with 2 children - age 4 and 2 - they love Mickey, Minnie, Donald etc and the Princesses!

Which character dining will be most suitable - would prob prefer the breakfast ones.

Also, I'm assuming anyone can go to the character dining and not just residents of Disney hotels - we're staying in a villa!

Thanks

Anyone can eat at any Disney restaraunt. I've eaten at plenty while staying off property.

If you want the classic Mickey and Friends characters, Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary Resort is kind of the standard. Foodwise, it's not my favorite. But they do all right. You get Mickey, Pluto, Goofy, sometimes Chip and Dale and/or Donald.

Foodwise, I like O'Hana at the Polynesian Resort. It's family style instead of a buffet line. And I think that makes a difference. You still get Mickey and Pluto. But the other half is Lilo and Stitch.

I've heard good things about Donald's Safari Breakfast at Animal Kingdom. But I've never eaten there so I can't say. One downside is obviously you have to go to Animal Kingdom. However, if you're already planning to go to Animal Kingdom, that's a bonus.

For Princesses, you've got Cinderella's Royal Table at the castle in Magic Kingdom and The Storybook Breakfast at Akerhaus in Epcot. Both are somewhat hard reservations to get, but especially if you want to eat in the castle. Make sure to book those ressies early!

We haven't had the princess meals yet. But I'll get back to you after our trip in March as we'll be doing both.

Anyone can go to the Disney restaurants, not just guests of the hotels. I would say try Chef Mickey at the Contemporary. Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy and Pluto are at this restaurant and it's lots of fun for the kids. As for princesses, either try Cinderella's Royal Table, which is about to be called something else and will include more princesses than Cinderella, but it is pricy, but I think everyone should try it at least once. Or you could try Akershus in the Norway pavillion of Epcot, which has many princesses. Which ever you choose I would book the ADR's ASAP since character meals are popular and May is coming up soon. Have fun!

tiaragirl

While you haven't mentioned the characters, I'd suggest Crystal Palace.. it's at MK, so its convient, and the food is usually really good.

Eeyore, Pooh, Piglet, and Tigger!

akmr01

Original Poster
Thanks all, could someone please give me an idea of who to contact to book one of these character experiences and also maybe a link to somewhere that shows a price list?

Thanks again.

princessmelinda

For the classic Disney Characters I would say Cape May Cafe or Chef Mickeys and for Princesses I would say either Cinderella's or Akershus'!

I recommend Akershus for the princess meal. We had breakfast there & loved it. The interaction with them was great & you get about 6 different ones!

erstwo

I second the vote for the Crystal Palace. It is an absolute MUST for our family. We get the first reservation available (8:05) and get into the park early to take photos on Main Street/ in front of the Castle when NO ONE else is in the park. Plus the food is sooooo good and the characters are great!
4131194061_10fc548a1f_b.jpg

Also, we've only been once, but eating "in the Castle" aka Cinderella's Royal Table is great too. You'll meet Cinderella downstairs and have a family photo made (they give you an 8x10 and 2 5x7's of this photo all included in the price of your meal) and then head upstairs where about 4 other princesses will come to your table. We went to lunch and it was great. But if you do breakfast, it's another one of those things where you can get in extra early, before the park opens if your reservation is early enough!
3643252405_4dfac9d539_b.jpg

Also, I don't know if your kids really like Cinderella, but if they do, the Dinner at 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian is great! You'll get Cinderella, Prince Charming, the Wicked Stepmother & Stepsisters - who are hilarious! Tons of fun. For breakfast at 1900 Park Fare you get Alice, the Mad Hatter, and a couple of Pooh characters.

Hope it's okay I added the photos. I just know that photos help me so much, I like to add them when people have questions! You might try allears.net too for menus and pricing.

akmr01

Original Poster
Thanks so much erstwo! The pictures are great!
Think i'm slightly swayed to the princess one in the castle as my eldest is desperate to go into the castle!!

akmr01

Original Poster
After all of the advice I've gone for the Cinderella's Royal Table option for breakfast! So glad i booked today as they only had two slots left for the 2 week duration we are there!

Thanks for all your help!

lebeau

After all of the advice I've gone for the Cinderella's Royal Table option for breakfast! So glad i booked today as they only had two slots left for the 2 week duration we are there!

You got really lucky. That's the hardest reservation to book!

Enjoy!

erstwo

Yay!!! Hope you have a great 1st trip! Go ahead and start saving for the next one, because you're going to want to go back. :)

gembob

Just a quick warning...you gonna need a holiday after the holiday!! Not like you would have in Jamaica!! Told you you would get addicted to site! and to Disney!!!

TinkerBell#1

My vote is for 1900 Fair. My wife and mine first trip to Disney (Sep 2009) I took here to see Mary Poppins. All the chr. thier took the timeout to talk and take pitures. A wonderfull breakfest.

3 months later we brought our 2 yr son and (3 and/or 4) yr old daughter. She had her 4th Birthday party at Akershus and that was great lunch. You received a free piture and they all come to the table to talk and take pitures. My wife and I was talking wonder how they did not miss a table. We notice they had a Cast Member solo job was make sure they made it to each table.

IMO, Chr dinners are the best way to see Chr.

I have one suggestion about taking meet and greet pic with the chr.

Goto AK early in the morning and go stright to Minnie Camp. On our first trip we took 6 Chr pictures in less the 20mins, if not 15 mins. And our 2nd trip it took us about 30 mins (we showed up hour late)for same amount with our children and we had to redo picture with Chip & Dale since both of us forgot pick up the photo pass card (It happens more then you think, with-in first 2 hours around 30 people did not grab thier photo pass cards for Chip & Dale). What saved us, people leave AK when it starts to rain. Buy a poncho and enjoy the park.

Yes its ture, I only thought I would only come to WDW once in my life, if that. In our 1st trip in Sept 2009, I become HOOKED. Bought in DVC and became a D23 member. Already have a PIN collection now. Like I stated above we came back 3 months later with our 2 children. Only reason we are waiting till Sept/Oct of 2011 is Army is sending me to Afganstand.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom