Character Costumes

alee4eva

Original Poster
Okay, for the halloween or our senior year in high school my friends decided to do characters from children's movies. So naturally, I want to dress as a disney character. I got 'assigned' Alice, mainly because I look kind of like her and my name is Alison. Sooo, now I have to come up with a costume. Does anyone have any ideas on how to make one or where to buy a decent one?

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Blue dress, knee length bloomers, black mary jane shoes, white smock. also, a black bow of sorts.

here's a pic:

Attachments

• alice.jpg
    alice.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 184

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by mktiggerman
Blue dress, knee length bloomers, black mary jane shoes, white smock. also, a black bow of sorts.

here's a pic:

I wanna go as Aladdin this year...anybody have any pics...

(it's either Aladdin or RiffRaff from Rocky Horror :) )

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by WDWFREAK53

I wanna go as Aladdin this year...anybody have any pics...

ok.. let me think.

White hammer pants that are too short for you (u can't touch this.. lol), put a brown patch on the right knee. Next, a beige button up shirt with no collar (mandarin cut works), wear it w/ only the bottom half buttoned. Finally, a purple vest and a red fez. No shoes are really necessary, but if you must, they are brown "I dream of Jeannie" shoes.

Attachments

• aladdin-jasmine2.jpg
    aladdin-jasmine2.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 172

SnowWhite5669

Get a copy of the Halloween Disney Catalog from the Disney Store. They have the largest selection of Disney Costumes in the WORLD!!! They may even have Alice.:sohappy:

Yellow Shoes

I'm sure you can buy a costume, but based on what the kids' costumes cost, an adult one would be way too expensive for a high school student's budget.

If you sew, you should be able to put one together easily. There just might be an Alice pattern available.

If not, try looking for a square dancer dress pattern--it should be pretty close, then an apron pattern.

alee4eva

Original Poster
That disney halloween catalogue sounds really really good. The budget is okay, because my mom said she'd take care of it. It's a big deal for us cause there's like this huge contest and all in our school so all of my friends and I are splurging with our costumes. Just want to really look the part. and thanks mktig for the picture, if I decide to make it that'll really really help.

SnowWhite5669

That's what Moms & Stepmoms (I am a stepmom) are for!! I got my SnowWhite costume last year and it was around $50, I think they may be a little higher now maybe $60 but you'll have it forever!! Also if the catalog doesn't have it, call the parks! They have EVERYTHING!!!:) :)

sillyspook13

When I go to the fabric store to look up patterns, I'll find the ones for various Disney characters. I'll post the brands and numbers for everybody.

CTripp

There are some really great patterns for Disney costumes. I looked at them last week, and they had a wide variety of costumes. I know they had a lot of childrens Disney costumes, but i'm not sure about the adults. The only problem is that some of them could be complicted to sew. Good luck! :)

RobFL

Account Suspended
Go as Ellen from her Energy Adventure! The easiest costume ever!

Khaki pants, white undershift and then a slightly oversized lightweight blue demin long sleeve shirt.

Sunglasses incase you wanna do the mirror scene.

-Rob

kaos

Originally posted by alee4eva
does anyone have a number i can call at the parks and ask?

Alee, the number is 407-363-6200.

I got a Tigger costume. I'll have to post a pic of me in it soon I think...

sillyspook13

I found several patterns for Disney character costumes: adult, child, and both.

Butterick
4600- characters, including Alice
4653- Esmeralda
6303- Peter Pan

McCalls
3354- Pooh
2856- princesses

Simplicity
9387- Minnie
9373- Tigger
5832- princesses
5835- princesses
9383- Cinderella
9384- Snow White, Sleeping Beauty
9385- Buzz
9388- mickey and Minnie
9433- Woody and Jessie
9862- Peter Pan
9902- Princess gowns
9919- Jasmine and Ariel
9378- Pooh and friends
9844- Peter Pan

DisneyPhD

My mom made this costume for my senior dress up day (oh so many years ago.) She also made my neice one a few years later. To give you a clue how old this is, the cute little girl is turning 11 next month.

The good news is my daughter should fit in the little snow white this year, however I doubt after becoming a mom Mrs. PhD will.:lol:

Attachments

• snowwhite.jpg
    snowwhite.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 59

wdwjmp239

Originally posted by alee4eva
Okay, for the halloween or our senior year in high school my friends decided to do characters from children's movies. So naturally, I want to dress as a disney character. I got 'assigned' Alice, mainly because I look kind of like her and my name is Alison. Sooo, now I have to come up with a costume. Does anyone have any ideas on how to make one or where to buy a decent one?

I would love to go as a Test Track cast member. How would one go about getting the "Test Track Crew" shirts those castmembers wear? They're waaaay cool :)

mkt

Premium Member
Re: Re: Character Costumes

Originally posted by ntn_haqqer
How would one go about getting the "Test Track Crew" shirts those castmembers wear? They're waaaay cool :)

they don't sell them, so there would be no legal way to obtain one... you may be able to do a search for one on EBay, and see what some klepto may have for sale

wdwjmp239

Re: Re: Re: Character Costumes

Originally posted by mktiggerman

they don't sell them, so there would be no legal way to obtain one... you may be able to do a search for one on EBay, and see what some klepto may have for sale

Heheheh.. that's ok.. I was just wondering if I could get one that's all.. and LEGALLY too :)

HAHAHA

:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom