Chapek's comments - he doesn't want anyone on this board at WDW any more

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Someone like me who is doing buffett/family style prices are simple snacks just as easy add them up..add in the mugs & if that # is higher than what the dining plan cost opt in if not opt out. Not that much too it
NOBODY does that. Seriously, you might be the only one on the planet. Most people are glancing at menus and guessing what they're going to order, not getting prix fixe meals every single time.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
I don't why so many want it back. IMO the dining plan is the reason why the food isn't as good as it once was.
Ill be honest. Food wassurprising good yet again worst thing were probably the noodles at Ohana that everyone raved about… personally thought they were borderline awful.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
NOBODY does that. Seriously, you might be the only one on the planet. Most people are glancing at menus and guessing what they're going to order, not getting prix fixe meals every single time.
I guess im unique what can i say 🤷‍♂️ Maybe thats why it worked like a charm for me … & was pretty simple

Chi84

Premium Member
If I go for 8 nights with 5 people eating two meals, two drinks, two desserts, and two snacks per day, that's 320 menu items to price out ahead of time, assuming I have any clue what I'm going to order months in advance. The math isn't complicated but it's a level of planning that I have no interest in doing.
So many people post about getting the dining plan for “convenience,” which I don’t really understand. Or they don’t want to think about prices and how much they’re spending while on vacation so they pay Disney in advance. This is a psychological value that you can’t really put a price on.

These folks aren’t pricing out hundreds of menu items in advance. They know the dining plan may be costing them more than paying out of pocket and simply don’t care.

We had the free dining plan when it was first offered and included appetizers and gratuity. After they changed we bought it only once - the first time we took our kids’ now-spouses to WDW. I knew if they saw the menu prices they would not have ordered what they really wanted. (They grew out of that quickly 😂)

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
It makes sense if you are doing a lot of character meals. If you aren't it's hard to make it worthwhile.
Which im not denying. The point im trying to make is noone should be buying the dining plan & losing money… you either do
The rough math ahead & make a decision or you choose not to & opt out of dining plan. Anyone who blindly is payingfor any dining plan w/o any idea dare i say itare idiots & deserve to lose money. And before i hear people say i want my entire trip paid for. Heres my response. Buy gift cards & use them.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
So many people post about getting the dining plan for “convenience,” which I don’t really understand. Or they don’t want to think about prices and how much they’re spending while on vacation so they pay Disney in advance. This is a psychological value that you can’t really put a price on.

These folks aren’t pricing out hundreds of menu items in advance. They know the dining plan may be costing them more than paying out of pocket and simply don’t care.

We had the free dining plan when it was first offered and included appetizers and gratuity. After they changed we bought it only once - the first time we took our kids’ now-spouses to WDW. I knew if they saw the menu prices they would not have ordered what they really wanted. (They grew out of that quickly 😂)
I gave my response to that. Buy gift cards in advance. Same logic only difference whatever is left over you keep… & people who dont mind paying more for no reason is the reason i guess places like Disney exist 🤷‍♂️ Why anyone would willingly pay more is beyond me

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

In my experience saying “convenience” is code for those that have realized they are spending as much or more with it than they had in the past or could now without.

It holds too

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I gave my response to that. Buy gift cards in advance. Same logic only difference whatever is left over you keep… & people who dont mind paying more for no reason is the reason i guess places like Disney exist 🤷‍♂️ Why anyone would willingly pay more is beyond me
You end up paying more with it than you would with reasonable consumption without. The DDP also steers you into choices that many never realize. Notable skipping the best quality sit downs because of “2 points” in favor of the most highly overpriced places on property.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
You end up paying more with it than you would with reasonable consumption without. The DDP also steers you into choices that many never realize. Notable skipping the best quality sit downs because of “2 points” in favor of the most highly overpriced places on property.
Again i understand your point & it has some valid points but this is how ive pretty much always dined so for me nothing has changed. Yes before my daughter i would eat at say Cali Grill or Citricos or V&A 1 night but for most part my tripswere always sit down or character meals or buffets/family style. So adining plan didnt change my eating style & again no im not one who would pig out like a slob either. It serves a purpose of eating a solid meal & getting the character interaction to satisfy that need & provides a nice break & i know ill be judged for this but also parking for MK when eating at a monorail hotel…. & avoiding TTC granted the monorail os awful & how people pay that money for the “perk” of said monorail os beyond me. Gets worse & worse each year.

Chi84

Premium Member
And it seems there are so many exclusions now, which is contrary to its original purpose of being able to order anything on the menu. Not everywhere, but we often hear servers explaining things to people at nearby tables and it doesn’t sound like much fun.

The first thing any Disney server will ask is if you’re on any kind of dining plan. I can’t help but notice how happy they are at some restaurants when we say no because they don’t have to “go over” what’s included.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Ill be honest. Food wassurprising good yet again worst thing were probably the noodles at Ohana that everyone raved about… personally thought they were borderline awful.
Ohana non breakfast meal to my wife and I was simply dreadful. No number of Lapu Lapus were sufficient to choke it down. Only recent meal that we had that led us to go immediately to Captain Cooks for something decent afterwards.

Oh we're not food snobs, we raise cattle.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Ohana non breakfast meal to my wife and I was simply dreadful. No number of Lapu Lapus were sufficient to choke it down. Only recent meal that we had that led us to go immediately to Captain Cooks for something decent afterwards.

Oh we're not food snobs, we raise cattle.
😂🤣😂. Trust me im no snob either even tho im from. NY lol. We tried Ohana dinner to mix it up but honestly was not impressed & cant see going back.

Dear Prudence

Chapek interview with the Hollywood reporter when talking about "Superfans".

"But at the same time, we’ve got to make sure that there’s room in the park for the family from Denver that comes once every five years. We didn’t have a reservation system and we didn’t control the number of annual passes we distributed and frankly, the annual pass as a value was so great that people were literally coming all the time and the accessibility of the park was unlimited to them and that family from Denver would get to the park and not be let in. That doesn’t seem like a real balanced proposition.”

This is why we do not go any more.......They dont want us there! These are the very people that brought the parks back to life after the Covid closures and now WDW is just saying "Thanks, but we don't need you any longer"

And then he had the balls to say if our plan doesn't work out, we will let you peasants back in.........

"We have a real high-class problem: We have much more demand than there is supply. What we will not bend on is giving somebody a less than stellar experience in the parks because we jammed too many people in there. If we’re going to have that foundational rule, you have to start balancing who you let in. … Our ticket prices and constraints we put on how often people can come and when they come is a direct reflection of demand. When is it too much? Demand will tell us when it’s too much.”

This is everything that is wrong with this current management team. Disgrace what it has become
This is just giving me "influencers reading their own threads on P.U.L.L. and responding to every beat in their Instagram stories" energy.

No Name

Honestly it was an incredibly dumb question.

Price increases are one of the least effective things to push back on as Disney is a business and businesses strive to make money. Instead, question Bob on their actual creative vision for the parks or lack of it. That is a concern that’s more suited to superfans than price increases, which arguably equally affect the family from Denver that visits once every five years.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Again i understand your point & it has some valid points but this is how ive pretty much always dined so for me nothing has changed. Yes before my daughter i would eat at say Cali Grill or Citricos or V&A 1 night but for most part my tripswere always sit down or character meals or buffets/family style. So adining plan didnt change my eating style & again no im not one who would pig out like a slob either. It serves a purpose of eating a solid meal & getting the character interaction to satisfy that need & provides a nice break & i know ill be judged for this but also parking for MK when eating at a monorail hotel…. & avoiding TTC granted the monorail os awful & how people pay that money for the “perk” of said monorail os beyond me. Gets worse & worse each year.
Ok…but you’re not paying for the food in this case…no matter how much you do or don’t eat.

But this has been rehashed like a zillion times…so good travels 👍🏻

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom