Chapek's comments - he doesn't want anyone on this board at WDW any more

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Not to go off the rails…but what don’t you understand?
We have been thru this countless times… prices are easily available online or with a simple phone call. Your dining needs to be booked ahead of time. If your meal
Costs are more than what dining cost. Choose dining plan if not dont choose it…. Again. Simple math

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
If your goal is to beat the dining plan by maximizing the menu price of each credit redeemed, you can. But most people don't try. Or they try and fail. Or they succeed by ordering way more food than they actually want and wasting a ton of it.
Again i dont try and beat the system or over order. We do character meals or sitdown breakfast / dinner where characters were. Snacks are all $6 options. Simple math is all im saying and i dont over eat and stuff myself either. Its part of my vacation. Character interactions while we eat

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Again i dont try and beat the system or over order. We do character meals or sitdown breakfast / dinner where characters were. Snacks are all $6 options. Simple math is all im saying and i dont over eat and stuff myself either. Its part of my vacation. Character interactions while we eat
Yes, character dining is one way to "beat" the dining plan, dinner in particular.

Most people aren't doing tons of character dining and buffets. They're going to normal restaurants and ordering the steak every meal, even when they don't want it, because they think it's what they need to do to get value out of the plan.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I just dk how disney is losing money by not having the dining plan… we just went thru this the other day how much more i paid bc there was no dining plan. Im sure im not alone in that.

They dont have the current capacity to offer those seats. Even QS might have an hour or more wait with mobile ordering.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
They dont have the current capacity to offer those seats. Even QS might have an hour or more wait with mobile ordering.
Lets talk about normal times in the last not now bc there is No dining plan so there is nothing to compare… as i said to me it was the simplest thing about a Disney trip especially if you had meals booked…

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Yes, character dining is one way to "beat" the dining plan, dinner in particular.

Most people aren't doing tons of character dining and buffets. They're going to normal restaurants and ordering the steak every meal, even when they don't want it, because they think it's what they need to do to get value out of the plan.
Then Opt out of the dining plan. Thats my point. Its simple math

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Then Opt out of the dining plan. Thats my point. Its simple math
If I go for 8 nights with 5 people eating two meals, two drinks, two desserts, and two snacks per day, that's 320 menu items to price out ahead of time, assuming I have any clue what I'm going to order months in advance. The math isn't complicated but it's a level of planning that I have no interest in doing.

Jrb1979

If I go for 8 nights with 5 people eating two meals, two drinks, two desserts, and two snacks per day, that's 320 menu items to price out ahead of time, assuming I have any clue what I'm going to order months in advance. The math isn't complicated but it's a level of planning that I have no interest in doing.
I don't why so many want it back. IMO the dining plan is the reason why the food isn't as good as it once was.

TQQQ

Original Poster
Tables in Wonderland was the best. 20% off everything including g alcohol. We always went with 2 families and it was a HUGE savings

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Okay so then choose Not to get the dining plan thats my point. Noone should ever lose money choosing to prepay for the dining plan…. Someone like me who is doing buffett/family style prices are simple snacks just as easy add them up..add in the mugs & if that # is higher than what the dining plan cost opt in if not opt out. Not that much too it

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom