News Chapek FIRED, Iger New CEO

drizgirl

Disone

Seems now Bob Iger sees that Disney is in worse shape than ever and is so overwhelmed and exhausted by this that he's questioning why he even came back.
Yes... he is quoted as saying "why did I come back".

If I a buck for every time I have said something similar at my job I would have Iger's pay.

LSLS

Seems now Bob Iger sees that Disney is in worse shape than ever and is so overwhelmed and exhausted by this that he's questioning why he even came back.
LOL, nothing he is complaining about was unknown at the time, or even for years before hand.

UNCgolf

Odd, that Iger himself quotes on being briefly retired in a Wall Street interview.

He may have considered himself retired since he wasn't the CEO, but you're not really retired if you're serving as the executive chair on a board. He certainly wasn't out of the loop.

Last edited:

fgmnt

if only the Hollywood press could translate their talent and skill carrying water for iger into an olympic sport; they’d probably take the men’s hammer throw back from poland.

UNCgolf

I thought Iger left as executive chairman for a bit before they brought him back on as CEO

Did he leave completely?

I know he stepped down as executive chair at the end of 2021 but for some reason I thought he was still serving on the board after; just not as executive chair. Maybe not!

pdude81

Did he leave completely?

I know he stepped down as executive chair at the end of 2021 but for some reason I thought he was still serving on the board after; just not as executive chair. Maybe not!
I wasn't 100% sure so I checked the archives:

He did vanish for a bit, though most of the board were still his people.

Lilofan

_caleb

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

I see the original Bloomberg article is now being consumed and regurgitated in the blogosphere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom