Chanting at WDW Banned?

NowInc

Been asking about this since the threat popped up and so far no one has even heard of a ban of any sort being discussed.

However, Tour groups have been given stricter "conduct" requests when booking (regardless of region). This has been going on for a little bit now. Is it working? Probably not, but its "enforceable" (as in a CM can request they stop) if they so choose.

This isn't just in regards to chanting btw, it refers to things such as blocking pathways, impromptu "cheer" routines on property (which happens more than you can imagine), or basically anything that puts the safety of other guests into question. You will see this get enforced way stronger than in previous years.

....sadly, this only applies to the parks. The resorts (especially the value ones) will still be a miserable experience for everybody. Word to the wise: During tour season avoid pool side rooms at any resort or All star sports entirely (they love to use the fake fields to play real games until the wee hours) if you value your sleep.

drkokintz

The news articles that have popped up about this lately discuss an "incident" on Main Street USA with an Argentinean tour group. Does anyone know what actually happened? I can't find anything that isn't vague or rumor-ish.

dstrawn9889

The news articles that have popped up about this lately discuss an "incident" on Main Street USA with an Argentinean tour group. Does anyone know what actually happened? I can't find anything that isn't vague or rumor-ish.
looking for specifics in a rumor board??? :confused: J/K, i know more stuff posted here has been correct then anywhere else (News Media inclusive)

WDWVolFan

Brazil is entering a recession folks...next year there will be less tour groups.
The USD is now costing 4x the currency down there. My friends and family are losing their minds...next summer there will be a lot less of the tour groups.

TheScreed

This isn't just in regards to chanting btw, it refers to things such as blocking pathways, impromptu "cheer" routines on property (which happens more than you can imagine), or basically anything that puts the safety of other guests into question. You will see this get enforced way stronger than in previous years.

What? No impromptu cheer routines? But the kids are just having fun! Why must Disney crush their spirits?!?

When I was a kid and we went to WDW for a soccer tournament, some of my best memories were the impromptu soccer games we played in the walkways around MK. After all, if you are there with a group that does some specific thing, it only makes sense that you would do that thing in the parks. And it's totally appropriate! Anyone who disagrees is just a bitter old hater, or worse, some kind of safety advocate.

Donald Razorduck

Brazil is entering a recession folks...next year there will be less tour groups.
The USD is now costing 4x the currency down there. My friends and family are losing their minds...next summer there will be a lot less of the tour groups.

Just when Delta moved a flight from Atlanta to Orlando because it was always full of connecting traffic MCO. Maybe it'll still be bad in 2017.

A large group of 30 to 40 completely blocked off an intersection of where you go to Kali or Everest for like ten minutes as they were waiting for something. A CM finally got them to at least thin it out long ways so folks could move.

Jane Doe

birthday_balloons_and_confetti_with_streamers_in_bright_colors_0515-1004-2122-0003_SMU.jpg

G00fyDad

Been asking about this since the threat popped up and so far no one has even heard of a ban of any sort being discussed.

However, Tour groups have been given stricter "conduct" requests when booking (regardless of region). This has been going on for a little bit now. Is it working? Probably not, but its "enforceable" (as in a CM can request they stop) if they so choose.

....sadly, this only applies to the parks. The resorts (especially the value ones) will still be a miserable experience for everybody. Word to the wise: During tour season avoid pool side rooms at any resort or All star sports entirely (they love to use the fake fields to play real games until the wee hours) if you value your sleep.

We saw this firsthand when we stayed at All Star Sports (<-- Can't abbreviate that one.:) ) one year. It looked like an entire team of players were running, blocking, and touch/tackling in the "football field" courtyard. I wish Disney had put in more "X" and "O" markers to prevent this stupid behavior.

WillCAD

We saw this firsthand when we stayed at All Star Sports (<-- Can't abbreviate that one.:) ) one year. It looked like an entire team of players were running, blocking, and touch/tackling in the "football field" courtyard. I wish Disney had put in more "X" and "O" markers to prevent this stupid behavior.

There were originally a number of large X and O markers on that field, but they've all been removed and the field is now essentially a real football field, with an astroturf-like surface. There are always kids playing there, and it's a pain to walk past them to get to your room. On my last stay, I even saw cheer teams holding official morning workouts there - which was probably fun for the people in the surrounding rooms who wanted to sleep in.

It wasn't a bad idea to put a field in at the resort, it was just a bad idea to make it a main thoroughfare to multiple Guest buildings and a pool.

By the way, All-Star Sports is abbreviated ASSP. Music is ASMU, and Movies is ASMO. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom