Changes to Fastpass+ Tiers at Hollywood Studios Effective 8.29

Kevin_W

If you’re going to another park, you don’t need to book throw-away FPs.

Just book the one you want and when you tap in you can go ahead and make the remaining two of your initial FPs at another park.

You only need to use up your tier2 FPs if you want to try for another tier1 in the same park.

I did not realize that. thanks.

nickys

Premium Member
One question, if I only book my tier1 FPs in Epcot or Hollywood Studios and no/only one of tier 2. Can I try booking my second/third FP in the same park in the tier1 category upon checking in my last fastpass?

No.

If you are staying in the same park, you must use two tier2 FPs before trying to get another tier1 FP. You can tap in and not ride, or let them expire. But letting them expire does not always work, especially if you are not in the park at the time of the FP or they are after the tier1 FP.

mikejs78

Premium Member
No.

If you are staying in the same park, you must use two tier2 FPs before trying to get another tier1 FP. You can tap in and not ride, or let them expire. But letting them expire does not always work, especially if you are not in the park at the time of the FP or they are after the tier1 FP.
@nickys Do you know what happens if you use a FP in park A, then book one in park B, then modify/delete (or let expire) and book one in park A again?

nickys

Premium Member
@nickys Do you know what happens if you use a FP in park A, then book one in park B, then modify/delete (or let expire) and book one in park A again?

You have three initial FPs that can be pre-booked or booked on the day.

So your suggestion is to pre-book #1 at AK, for example. I assume a tier1.

Use it, then book #2 at MK. That’s fine so far.

- If you delete it, you’re back to square one, you’ve only used one of those initial FPs.
- By modify it, what are you modifying it to? You could keep checking to see if you could bring it forward I guess. Or change it to another ride. Either way, fine so far again.

I think you would need to enter that park to be able to let it expire for it to count. (Bearing in mind the risk associated with that, I always recommend the “tap and run” method).

So let’s say you do actually ride it, or tap in at least. You then want to make #3 back at AK? That would have to be a tier2, before you could book another tier1 because it’s in the same park as another of your initial FPs.

So if your idea is to circumvent the tier rules, you’d be better off using tap and run, and/or modify #2&3 forward to an earlier time.

You can only circumvent the tiers by going to a different park.

You can book FoP, tap in and whilst in line book Soarin and SE. #2&3 are in the same park so must follow the tier rules at Epcot.

Or

You can book FoP, tap in and then book Soarin and TSMM. All 3 are in different parks, so no tier rules apply.

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
Original Poster
You have three initial FPs that can be pre-booked or booked on the day.

So your suggestion is to pre-book #1 at AK, for example. I assume a tier1.

Use it, then book #2 at MK. That’s fine so far.

- If you delete it, you’re back to square one, you’ve only used one of those initial FPs.
- By modify it, what are you modifying it to? You could keep checking to see if you could bring it forward I guess. Or change it to another ride. Either way, fine so far again.

I think you would need to enter that park to be able to let it expire for it to count. (Bearing in mind the risk associated with that, I always recommend the “tap and run” method).

So let’s say you do actually ride it, or tap in at least. You then want to make #3 back at AK? That would have to be a tier2, before you could book another tier1 because it’s in the same park as another of your initial FPs.

So if your idea is to circumvent the tier rules, you’d be better off using tap and run, and/or modify #2&3 forward to an earlier time.

You can only circumvent the tiers by going to a different park.

You can book FoP, tap in and whilst in line book Soarin and SE. #2&3 are in the same park so must follow the tier rules at Epcot.

Or

You can book FoP, tap in and then book Soarin and TSMM. All 3 are in different parks, so no tier rules apply.
I don't know if anyone else here appreciates your intimate familiarity with the FP+ rules, but I do.

But this is a layer of complexity that is about as ridiculous as the current MGM and EPCOT tiers. If FP is here to stay, they should ditch the tiers (they could manipulate crowds in other ways, like having some rides have 50% of capacity reserved for FP, and others at the current 80%) and let anyone with a parkhopper ticket make their initial FP reservations in multiple parks.

nickys

Premium Member
I don't know if anyone else here appreciates your intimate familiarity with the FP+ rules, but I do.

But this is a layer of complexity that is about as ridiculous as the current MGM and EPCOT tiers. If FP is here to stay, they should ditch the tiers (they could manipulate crowds in other ways, like having some rides have 50% of capacity reserved for FP, and others at the current 80%) and let anyone with a parkhopper ticket make their initial FP reservations in multiple parks.

They trialled the multiple parks thing this summer with a very select few guests who were invited to try it.

Haven’t heard anything else since. 🤷‍♀️

RSoxNo1

People still want to be "guaranteed" a Pandora ride. Without tiers, starting perhaps 55 days out, there'd be no Pandora FPs available. With tiers, sometimes there are still NRJ FPs available at 30 days. FoP still routinely sells out about 63 days out. There is an expectation that they'll make an effort to ensure at least the Resort guests get a ride. This was similarly the thought with having no FP at SWGE at first and having Extra Extra Magic Hours instead.

Personally, I would have had the EEMH 12/5/19 through 1/5/20, when I think they'll be needed. But they didn't ask me.
Availability for NRJ is improving. For me the solution to tiers is to drop advanced bookings at DHS, Epcot and DAK to two instead of three. I know crowds are very light right now, but there's plenty of NRJ availability for tomorrow.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom