Changes to Fastpass+ Tiers at Hollywood Studios Effective 8.29

ToTBellHop

I would be shocked if they change tiers before Jan 3. The goal of the new tiers is to deal with crowds and whether or not you think ROTR will bring them, I guarantee Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years will.
Yes. There are currently no concrete plans to change tiers or bring FP to SWGE. I suspect they will evaluate once the entire land has been opened and determine when to add FP to SWGE (presumably at some point in 2020). Once MFSR and RotR are added to FP, I would imagine they and MMRR will make up Tier 1 with everything else moved back to Tier 2 where they belong. So this will be a short, national nightmare at best.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Yes. There are currently no concrete plans to change tiers or bring FP to SWGE. I suspect they will evaluate once the entire land has been opened and determine when to add FP to SWGE (presumably at some point in 2020). Once MFSR and RotR are added to FP, I would imagine they and MMRR will make up Tier 1 with everything else moved back to Tier 2 where they belong. So this will be a short, national nightmare at best.
I would be surprised if SDD is tier 2.

Also I’m not sure MFSR justifies tier 1.

CastAStone

Premium Member
What’s really important is that after MMRR opens the park will have a decent ride capacity for the first time in forever (I’m assuming it’s largest ever?), so all of this will matter substantially less. Standby Lines won’t be nearly as bad and FP will be plentiful. Ish.

ToTBellHop

I would be surprised if SDD is tier 2.

Also I’m not sure MFSR justifies tier 1.
There’s really no need for four Tier 1 rides. Capacity is high enough from the three newest rides. If we assume a capacity of 1500 per hour for each, that’s 54000 in a 12-hr day. More than enough. And of course MFSR will be Tier 1. It’s a consolation when RotR sells out. Just like NRJ.

Last edited:

CastAStone

Premium Member
There’s really no need for four Tier 1 rides. Capacity is high enough from the three newest rides. If we assume a capacity of 1500 per hour for each, that’s 54000 in a 12-hr day. More than enough. And of course MFSR will be Tier 1. It’s a consolation when RotR sells out. Just like NRJ.
I think of it this way: DHS will have a ton of ride capacity now. So why bother screwing with tiers at all? The answer is so that people booking at 60+1 or 30 days have something of value to book. SDD is still the hottest FP in all of WDW, is still fairly low capacity, and will be less than two years old. ROTR is supposed to be transcendent (let’s hope). OTOH, MFSR hasn’t proven on either coast to have popularity at that level. I don’t think it’s nearly the consolation prize that SDD is.

ToTBellHop

I think of it this way: DHS will have a ton of ride capacity now. So why bother screwing with tiers at all? The answer is so that people booking at 60+1 or 30 days have something of value to book. SDD is still the hottest FP in all of WDW, is still fairly low capacity, and will be less than two years old. ROTR is supposed to be transcendent (let’s hope). OTOH, MFSR hasn’t proven on either coast to have popularity at that level. I don’t think it’s nearly the consolation prize that SDD is.
What do I know?

ToTBellHop

Just so you know, @MansionButler84 tends to know things that go beyond mere speculation...
I don’t know for certain SDD won’t be Tier 1. The other 3 will be, however. Beyond them, there’s mathematically no need for a 4th. Even as a Tier 2, SDD would obviously sell out quickly.

I wish they would do away with tiers. It’s an implicit admission that they don’t have enough worthwhile attractions.

Last edited:

mikejs78

Premium Member
I don’t know for certain SDD won’t be Tier 1. The other 3 will be, however. Beyond them, there’s mathematically no need for a 4th. Even as a Tier 2, SDD would obviously sell out quickly.

I wish they would do away with tiers. It’s an implicit admission that they don’t have enough worthwhile attractions.
I wouldn't be surprised if both Epcot and DHS lose the tiers in a few years. AK will still need it for a while..

Andrew Appleby

Do you think tiers/FPP for SW:GE will be changed but middle August 2020? Thats when we're booked in and as it stands, any HS day would include a burner FPP at the first opportunity.

Purduevian

Is it possible they might let you select up to 2 "Tier 1" attractions?

Tier 1: RotR, MFSR, SDD, MMRR

Tier 2: ToT, RnRC, Alien, TSM, Star Tours, Frozen, Indy, VotLM, BatB, F!, Disney Junior,

MrPromey

Better yet, I wish they had enough tier 1 level attractions that they didn't need such an implicit admission to begin with!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom