Changes for Galaxy's Edge Temporarily On Hold

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’m not a Florida resident and it brought me back just 3 weeks after my New Years trip specifically to see certain artists and broadway performers. I’m just 1 person buying food and Merch and staying at art of animation for a few days but that’s something.
Granted...but in saying that is the target audience for arts and it’s not a huge one in the off-season.
Iger indicated specifically on the earnings call that China will have no impact on US park capital projects.
People continue to misunderstand that Iger can say whatever he wants...that includes lies
They should kill the star wars hotel. IMO they are only focusing on a limited number of people and it does not make sense.
I agree...because they’ve done everything in their power to mishandle that franchise.

But now that they’ve committed...its and interesting case study/social experiment. I’m fascinated to see what happens. I’m guessing it’s just converted over to a Star Wars themed hotel in short order

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
People continue to misunderstand that Iger can say whatever he wants...that includes lies
I’m not saying that he’s not gonna change his mind or that they don’t have contingencies but 1) Stopping capital spending to deal with a short term revenue shortfall that doesn’t impact the ability of company to continue as an ongoing concern would be just plain stupid, and 2) intentionally lying on an investor call is a felony.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’m not saying that he’s not gonna change his mind or that they don’t have contingencies but 1) Stopping capital spending to deal with a short term revenue shortfall that doesn’t impact the ability of company to continue as an ongoing concern would be just plain stupid, and 2) intentionally lying on an investor call is a felony.
Saying “plans are unchanged” is not a felony...because tomorrow it can be “plans changed”...or any second.

The case would have to me that that one statement directly boosted or depressed the value artificially...which it cannot.

Saying your manufacturing/producing/selling more product? Now that would be a no no

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I generally don’t have much “insider information” to share and although I don’t have any specifics to share I can confirm (FWIW) a significant “Mandalorian” related project is indeed currently underway for Galaxy’s Edge...
Based on what?

And penguin needs a chart - preferably colored - to fully enjoy this drop 😎

No Name

The proposed cuts are things that only cost them money, not makes them money.

If the proposed cuts are things only cost them money, they would’ve been cut long ago. Every element of WDW is deemed profitable whether directly or indirectly, or short or long term. What these cuts do is hurt long-term revenue in favor of short-term profits, which the company knows is an unhealthy default but may find beneficial at times to pad out the current quarter’s numbers.

As for the analogy, if you want to change it to cutting the budget of MCU films, that’s fine.

Scrooged

The only thing that seems to be "out of forecast" for the park's futures is the problem the corona virus is causing. That'll impact the world economy past the Asian park's problems. Travel bans being a primary issue. But otherwise:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
I generally don’t have much “insider information” to share and although I don’t have any specifics to share I can confirm (FWIW) a significant “Mandalorian” related project is indeed currently underway for Galaxy’s Edge...
giphy.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom