Changes for Galaxy's Edge Temporarily On Hold

TrainsOfDisney

Most flights from the US to China have been cancelled for the next two months. Other countries are following suit. I don't know how many tourists come from outside China to those parks, but they won't be able to travel there until the flights return.

Hong Kong needs all of the help it can get. Shanghai will be fine, but DHK is in dire need of additional unique attractions to draw in visitors.

Everyone will flock to see the new castle though right? ;)

Lilofan

Chapek was at MK today during the NFL MVP Super Bowl Parade. Coincidence or planning what's going to happen if Asia parks continue to be closed?

WDWBigEd

In the Parks
Yes
Chapek was at MK today during the NFL MVP Super Bowl Parade. Coincidence or planning what's going to happen if Asia parks continue to be closed?

I'm sure it's nothing to write home about. He was at the Super Bowl so he most likely just came over for the parade and other meetings. I assume he will do the same next year with the Super Bowl in Tampa, FL.

LSLS

He might just be a fan of Patrick Mahomes.

What’s not to understand?

I was hoping you are being sarcastic. That analogy doesnt work at all, it's not like they are closing down the parks. They think they can make the cuts and people will still come.

Cesar R M

. It's gonna be all hands on deck. Reduce expenditures without, theoretically, impacting the Guest experience. That means anything and everything is on the table. Disney reports company revenues and income, and one division compensating for another is not exactly a new idea.
Considering almost every single cost cut measure has heavily impacted customer experience and cast members (rarely executives). It would be a miracle if it doesn't affect guests in one way of another (experience with less hours, less services, temporal closures, higher prices, etc..).

Lilofan

Considering almost every single cost cut measure has heavily impacted customer experience and cast members (rarely executives). It would be a miracle if it doesn't affect guests in one way of another (experience with less hours, less services, temporal closures, higher prices, etc..).
I believe execs are affected like in other companies. Lay some execs off with a generous severance package and the execs that survive the round of layoffs get more responsibilities added to their plate.

Cesar R M

Sorry boss, I'm too busy trying to figure out how to make money off this whole Coronavirus thing.
Raise your hand if you're considering calling in sick Monday morning with "The Corona Virus"...

View attachment 446061
manofculture_meme.jpg

No Name

I was hoping you are being sarcastic. That analogy doesnt work at all, it's not like they are closing down the parks. They think they can make the cuts and people will still come.

They are making cuts to an almost unrelated business, it’s quite the same.

LSLS

They are making cuts to an almost unrelated business, it’s quite the same.

A cut to staffing is not the same as not releasing a movie. They are making cuts with the thought that it will not impact guests showing up short term, meaning more profit. For your analogy to work, they would need to shut down all parks. Or at least cut all merchandise sales, or something that is bringing in money. The proposed cuts are things that only cost them money, not makes them money. Again, with the notion that people aren't going to not come to WDW because Epcot opens an hour later, or they didn't add new things the GE.

The way that comparison would work is if they cut CGI budget on a Marvel movie with the thought that it will not cause less people to come out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom