Changes coming to Rose & Crown?

jaxonp

There is good food in the UK. It’s just all imported from other countries..rather than their own cuisine. Otherwise they would be eating blood pudding each day. 😂

lol exactly... The British know their food sucks... Food from the rest of the world is very very tasty... Check out Brick Lane!

Robbiem

lol exactly... The British know their food sucks... Food from the rest of the world is very very tasty... Check out Brick Lane!
I come from a long line of east enders and grew up not far from brick lane. My great grandfather was even a pearly king. Visiting the Sunday market and getting apple fritters was a part of my childhood along with buying salt beef biegels (before they became bagels), collha and onion platzels from the bakery for sunday tea (with strong cheddar cheese and chopped liver). If you do visit there make sure to try a traditional pie and mash shop (Cooke’s is my favourite) and try eels if you can either jellied or with mash and liquor

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
UPDATE: So it looks like they will no longer be offering lunch service in the dining room, only dinner starting at 4. Pub should still be open all day. Unsure if pub grub menu will be offered at lunch or not. Website still won’t let you book any type of reservation for any meal period.

bhg469

UPDATE: So it looks like they will no longer be offering lunch service in the dining room, only dinner starting at 4. Pub should still be open all day. Unsure if pub grub menu will be offered at lunch or not. Website still won’t let you book any type of reservation for any meal period.
Interesting... Is the plan to eliminate dinner service eventually as well?

bhg469

I has been a package viewing area for a long time though. They recently stopped doing it.
With good reason.. It is Disney but charging extra for a view of that show, which is not even pointed in the direction of the restaurant, should never be a thing again... Until a new show comes along.

hopemax

I suppose for the next 10 days, that no real changes will be made. Most likely, given recent events...
I was actually wondering if Epcot had a plan for the UK pavilion. At least, what to do when people want to leave a memorial. A FAQ for all the "what happens now," questions people might bombard the CMs with. Stuff like that.

aladdin2007

I was actually wondering if Epcot had a plan for the UK pavilion. At least, what to do when people want to leave a memorial. A FAQ for all the "what happens now," questions people might bombard the CMs with. Stuff like that.
I know that for Prince William's marriage and then the jubilee, the pavilion had flags up everywhere, not sure how they will handle this. management is so bad at the park now wouldn't surprise me if they didn't do anything. I hope they do something.

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
Interesting... Is the plan to eliminate dinner service eventually as well?
I don’t think so, but I could see them changing to walk up only. About half of their capacity is outdoors and the weather. Switching to walk up only could eliminate guest issues with sitting outside.
I know that for Prince William's marriage and then the jubilee, the pavilion had flags up everywhere, not sure how they will handle this. management is so bad at the park now wouldn't surprise me if they didn't do anything. I hope they do something.
I hope guests are courteous about this to both the UK and Canadian cast. The Queen is the only monarch any of them have ever known. There most likely won’t be anything done in a guest facing capacity.

Comped

Something had been planned as far back as the 90's - I know that. I've seen those plans. But I don't think they're going to be used, as not only were they expensive, but everyone involved in the planning/execution at the highest levels are either retired or dead. Likely something small, if that, sadly.

Tha Realest

Speaking of Rose and Crown, I keep thinking that this site is subliminally reminding me of Queen Elizabeth's death but realized that the top of each page is a large black and white photo which I see for just a split second before it shifts down to the last post viewed. Is there a particular connection between the hosts and the UK?

stu1901

Speaking of Rose and Crown, I keep thinking that this site is subliminally reminding me of Queen Elizabeth's death but realized that the top of each page is a large black and white photo which I see for just a split second before it shifts down to the last post viewed. Is there a particular connection between the hosts and the UK?
Yes!

bpiper

Scroll down to the bottom of this page and look closely

ToTBellHop

Steve is from the UK. This site actually started as Disney.force9.co.uk for some of us dinosaurs around here. One of its early specialties was tracking wind directions for IllumiNations so you could avoid a smoky spot!

Tha Realest

Steve is from the UK. This site actually started as Disney.force9.co.uk for some of us dinosaurs around here. One of its early specialties was tracking wind directions for IllumiNations so you could avoid a smoky spot!
Ah! Got it. I honestly kept thinking I was seeing things or had another window open and scrolled up to see it at the top of the page

Ayla

You don't know? This site is UK-based.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom