Changes coming to Rose & Crown?

Figments Friend

Well then....

Feeling glad I booked a reservation a month ago for next week.
Always enjoyed having a meal at Rose & Crown outside overlooking the lagoon.

The cheese plate and 'Impossible' meatless shepherds pie are yummy.
OH, and let us not forget the yumminess that is that sticky toffee .....

-

nickys

Premium Member
Very true. The Indian food in London is top notch.
Birmingham is the home of Indian cuisine in the U.K. The Balti style was developed there and is my preferred choice.

I’ve eaten twice at the Rose & Crown. The first time I had the shepherds pie, which tasted like it was a microwaved ready meal, overly salty, no texture with just mince and potatoes, nothing else added. The second time was a better meal - I had the fish and chips. But the chips aren’t that great, someone once suggested it’s the different type of potatoes that are used.

I can’t say I’d miss the food if the restaurant closes. But if it does then they kind of lose the whole pub feel. And given it’s triple aspect of town, country and waterside pub, that would be a shame. You’d be hard pressed to find a rural or seaside pub that doesn’t sell food.

SirLink

When we travel we eat where the locals eat ( ie London taxi drivers are right- good UK food is Indian dining, thousands of Indian restaurants in the UK, ). What is not our thing is about a Michelin star whatever dining, but a number of them are Indian restaurants . Sad that Rose&Crown can't even make a decent Chicken Tikka Masala , one of the national dishes of UK.

You said there 'was no world class cuisine in London' I proved that point factually incorrect. And just like the US outside of New Orleans and BBQ culture of the Southern states, you can find pretty much all cuisines in all metropolitan areas as the US has no distinct cusine. In London there are plenty good gastro pubs and that's the same all over the UK as well if you didn't want to go to the Michelin starred restaurants that the locals go to.

Okay I have to say I have eaten at numerous Michelin star restaurants in London and thought they were all terrible. I did however eat some pub food that was great, fish and chips along with scotch eggs. Now when I was in Paris every place I ate from the small cafe to the highest rated restaurants was off the charts. I mean I had a chocolate croissant at the La Bristol that I would give up a toe to eat again. I do enjoy the Rose and Crown but only when the have the cultural cast members, and the French Pavilion is overrated. Could this be because they are managed by American groups?????

Lilofan

Okay I have to say I have eaten at numerous Michelin star restaurants in London and thought they were all terrible. I did however eat some pub food that was great, fish and chips along with scotch eggs. Now when I was in Paris every place I ate from the small cafe to the highest rated restaurants was off the charts. I mean I had a chocolate croissant at the La Bristol that I would give up a toe to eat again. I do enjoy the Rose and Crown but only when the have the cultural cast members, and the French Pavilion is overrated. Could this be because they are managed by American groups?????
Family ate in London , the beef was terrible but the Indian cuisine, fish and chips English breakfast were first rate. Paris, yes the food was spectacular. How can Rose&Crown screw up shepherds pie when they are following the recipe?

Last edited:

"El Gran Magnifico"

Mr Flibble is Very Cross.
Premium Member
If they want that authentic European feel, they should add several Burger Kings and McDonalds to World Showcase. But, you know, serve cheesecake and charge you to pee.

Or

1662326982393.png

It'd fit right in.

DC0703

This would make me sad. I've always enjoyed eating on the patio here. I also had a particularly memorable meal here on my honeymoon. We were seated on the patio to see Illuminations; the waitstaff made paper crowns for my husband and I and had us hold up glowing swords to kick off the Illuminations show. One of those rare Disney magic moments that I will always remember.

It would also have a bummer to no longer have a table service restaurant in the UK pavilion.

UK Disney

I wonder if this means we'll see the return of a proper dessert party back in Epcot. I did rose and crown fireworks back in May and would have definitely done it again.

pdude81

I wonder if this means we'll see the return of a proper dessert party back in Epcot. I did rose and crown fireworks back in May and would have definitely done it again.
They've had the dinner party at spice road table the whole time. We loved the option at Rose and crown but I assumed the viewing location would be terrible for this show.

I assume there would be riots if the took away one of the prime viewing locations they used to use for the frozen party

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Not lounge (there is no money in that)….but Prefix.

Same thing as California Grill and soon to be Narcooses.

Soon to be coming to any and all TS restaurants with a prime fireworks view.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom