Changes coming to Primeval Whirl

Hammer1310

Do yer worst. They've already ruined this ride in my opinion. The last trip we went on it didn't spin nearly as much or as early in the ride as it used to. I don't mind the extreme jolts and turns, those are fun. Heck, that's half the point of riding. We always started laughing about the time it started throwing us around.:ROFLOL:

BillyBuff

Do yer worst. They've already ruined this ride in my opinion. The last trip we went on it didn't spin nearly as much or as early in the ride as it used to. I don't mind the extreme jolts and turns, those are fun. Heck, that's half the point of riding. We always started laughing about the time it started throwing us around.:ROFLOL:

Rode it a few times and didn't think it spun as much but when they stuck us with 2 other people with a total of 4 people on the ride, I think that gave it some sort of an off-set in weight distribution. Well, the couple seated next to us weighed more than 600 lbs combined...

that's just my theory...lol :ROFLOL:

Dink5582

I don't tend to do rides that much as I am a big wimp but I LOVE LOVE LOVE this ride and I insist we have to go on it every year, unfortunately my partner hates it because it throws you about but he does it for me as I wait on him!

I hope the ride doesn't change other than with the safety updates!

Just thought I'd share :):sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Rob
x

Rob562

The spinning is dictated almost entirely by the weight distribution of the riders and not by anything that Disney can adjust. I've been on some rides where it's spun a lot, others where it didn't spin much at all. It's simply the weight distribution and where the heaviest point of the car is located when it hits a curve. If the heaviest point is already pointing toward the curve, it won't spin much. But if the heaviest point is turned to the side as it hits the curve, it'll be flung into a spin.

I suppose that Disney *could* fool with the spinning (knowingly or unknowingly) by adjusting how well-greased axles and bearings are, or installing some kind of brake restrictor on the chassis, but I've never heard of such things being done.

-Rob

Ausdaddy

The spinning is dictated almost entirely by the weight distribution of the riders and not by anything that Disney can adjust. I've been on some rides where it's spun a lot, others where it didn't spin much at all. It's simply the weight distribution and where the heaviest point of the car is located when it hits a curve. If the heaviest point is already pointing toward the curve, it won't spin much. But if the heaviest point is turned to the side as it hits the curve, it'll be flung into a spin.

I suppose that Disney *could* fool with the spinning (knowingly or unknowingly) by adjusting how well-greased axles and bearings are, or installing some kind of brake restrictor on the chassis, but I've never heard of such things being done.

-Rob

I, personally, have noticed a lot less spinning in the last couple visits. Not sure, if it's weight distribution or not. If so, I must be really unlucky.

yazmin182

I know, that's the best part!

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
I'm OK with the spinning but this ride is just too rough. I just rode the Crush Coaster in DLP. That spins but nowhere near as violent.

Between this ride, Space Mountain, and Big Thunder Mountain RR, I keep my chiropractor very busy after the family trip every year. I wouldnt miss either. I have also wondered why the ride height restriction on PW is so high, is it because of the violent motion?

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Rode it two weeks ago with my daughter....I weigh 240 and she weighs 95. I sat on the outside of the left pair of seats and she sat on the inside of the right pair. We've never spun as fast as we did that day. Repeated the ride a few days later on the 2nd track and same results....extreme spinning. Disney has done nothing to alter this ride. By the way, we had a ball and laughed our butts off from the minute the spinning starts (1/2 way through the ride).

Yanks07

Funny, We rode it last Thurs. and we all said it spun more, go figure. :shrug:

Disneykidder

I'm with Gooch. I can do upside down roller coasters, but spin me horizontally and I feel sick. I have been on it once over the summer, and it was plenty for me!:hurl:

comics101

This is one of my favorites, and I'm always worried it could be removed very easily and replaced with something a tad more attractive. I know most Disney fans don't enjoy the themeing, but this ride is just pure fun!

LeeLee D

-Rob
That explains it!

I've only been on once and I was by myself. I am extra, extra fluffy and by the time I rounded the first corner, I was spinning so fast and screaming so loud that I thought they would stop the ride just to shut me up!

Never again

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom