Changes coming to minimum age requirement for park entry

Genie of the Lamp

I'm glad they made this change as well. There are two reasons why I think they made this move:
1. As stated by others, to protect/enforce child safety procedures, COPPA, NG
2. Increase Park Admission tickets (which were going to happen regardless) but bigger reason is my number 1

Skyway

Disneyland, in particular, has always been a babysitter service for some AP's.

I wonder if they've had a problem with some pre-teens causing problems unsupervised?

I, too, can't believe this rule was not addressed years ago. I'm even more surprised that at some point in the past someone at Disney thought it was OK to allow unaccompanied 7-year-olds in. It was probably done at the same time they decided 7 was the minimum age to ride in attraction vehicles alone.

luv

Out of curiosity, why aren't you a fan of this?
Because its a pain in the neck for parents to have to park, get to the gate, enter the park, turn around and leave. It's much easier to just drop the kids off.

I realize this is not an issue for most tourists, who are soaking up every minute they can spend with the kids while on their Disney vacation. But it may be a pain for other people who don't want to encourage the kids to lie.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Agreed, these days where there are so many malicious individuals who would seek to do harm to a child, any parent in their right mind would be crazy to let a child younger than this go alone to the parks. I don't mean to be judgmental here, or start a new discussion over this, but it's just too dangerous a place with too many creeps on the prowl.

I would question whether that it perception or reality.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom