Changes coming to Kali River?

dxwwf3

626 said:
Ya Imagineers don't like people listening in on their conversations. I ran into some Imagineers discussing things outside of AE when I was there in September and when they noticed me inching closer and closer hoping to hear something they all walked away :lookaroun :(

For my sake I'm glad I wasn't there that day. Otherwise I might not be welcomed back into the MK :lol:

raven

More than likely, the people that were seen are probably not even cast members. They could have been part of an ingineering class or just a group of people making notes about rides. And as secret as Disney usually is about attractions, I highly doubt Imagineers would be discussing ride alterations right out infront of guests during park operating hours. Nothing to worry about. :wave:

DisneyFan 2000

Actually Imagineers do talk about attractions in the park. Regular visitors would normally just pass by them, so Imagineers would have nothing to worry about. My dad heard two of them talking about minor changes to be put in Soarin' (probably the ending). Sure, it's nothing big but they still don't hide from guests just to speak out loud...

EDIT: My one year anniversary! Woo hoo! :sohappy:

EDIT #2: (At WDWMagic.com) lol

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
imagineer99 said:
I agree totally. I still believe that Kali was envisioned to be a much greater attraction that it currently is!

It certainly was - just look at the original AK concept art - the well known painting showing the whole park (with Beastly Kingdom too).

I remember when Disney set the benchmark for attractions... now more and more (but not all the time) they seem to be playing catch up.

niteobsrvr

raven said:
More than likely, the people that were seen are probably not even cast members. They could have been part of an ingineering class or just a group of people making notes about rides. And as secret as Disney usually is about attractions, I highly doubt Imagineers would be discussing ride alterations right out infront of guests during park operating hours. Nothing to worry about. :wave:

Not all Engineers and Show Designers are Disney employees. Many of them are contractors or sub-contractors to the contractors. 4 of my closest friends are employed as Engineers and Draftsmen for an Engineering firm out of the Northeast that does work on Disney Property.

Lee

Adventurer
Any changes to Kali will be purely cosmetic.

To make the ride longer would require partially demolishing the ride and surrounding landscape...ain't gonna happen.

As for the length...the original concept was indeed longer. It originally had three small drops, which were combined to make one very large one. WDI has their hands full with Kali, trying to not only do a good rapids, but to tell a story as well.

Look at DCA to see what kind of world-class rapids WDI can come up with in the right situation.

Shaman

Well if its too expensive to expand Kali, wouldn't they still be able to add stuff to the current attraction to make it better...I mean length will always be a major issue with Kali (unless they make it longer), but if people got wetter, that would make for a funner ride...especially in the summer...

RonR3

SirNim said:
I'm thinking... now I'm thinking it has to do with the Brother Bear ride in Canada.

They want to clone GRR and put it in Canada, add in a few AAs, and the Imagineering/WDW team in objecting 'cause they don't want a clone that is found in DAK, DCA, and such. They want a new, unique water ride for Canada.

Thoughts above are personal reflections be SirNim and do not reflect the Truth.

What does GRR stand for? This one escapes me. Thanks

TnkrBelPixiDust

Okay here is what I think... I dont think they will change it and if they do.. like other's said.. it will be purly cosmetic.. if I had my way... I would make less waterfalls in it lol.. I dont like walking around in wet clothes!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom