Changes coming to Kali River?

Shaman

I love speculation, and overheard tidbits...

I truly hope that they are planning to expand Kali, and that it will have unique elements to the attraction...if that was the purpose of the conversation that was overheard...

Now if it was to discuss the rumored Canada attraction...well thats good too...

If it was nothing...oh well...:lol:

Thanks for sharing!

:)

Heyyall

to extend this ride, wouldnt it be a lot of work, maybe even impossible? v i would think that would take a very long time when working with water pressures and things like tthat.

:wave:

dizneeboy

I posted a quasi trip report with some thoughts on my last visit a couple weeks ago. Just thought I'd share my 5 year old nephew's take on Kali. There was only a 10 min wait, so I broke down because he wanted to ride it. We got off and I asked what he thought and he said, " It was short and boring". Kids cut right to the chase ; )

Anyway, any addition to this flop would be great. Other than the hill (ok the burnt down forest is cool too ). The ride just plain stinks. You hardly get wet at all and the rapids are almost non existant. Should be called the Kali slow boat in a circle ; )

JBoogie

I hope they add the Brother Bear ride to Canada. That would be great. I love Epcot, but I get so tired walking around it...maybe if there were rides spaced out, it would be something to look forward to as I wandered. Right now, the only thing that keeps my attention is looking for characters. When I was there in September, we were talking to a British family while waiting for Spectromagic, and the grandmother said they call Epcot "the park for smart people" Kinda funny.

DarkMeasures

marni1971 said:
Don`t forget the Alton Towers Rapids is at least twice as long as Kali!

Extending Kali `as is` would basically mean starting from scratch - the ammount of water available, the diameter of the piping, the pump rating, all this is based on a particular length of ride. Any extention would surely mean a separate flume course with the rafts being moved from one to the other and back again. How neat would that be? Imagine a second lift to put you in the new section, and another lift to drop you back in the old one?

That would be nice and I am sure this is how it will be done. Kali really needs work done on it because of its bad design.

Mr Smee

The ride is way to short, one on overal length and the other story.
I believe they where looking on what not to do for another park.
Ak needs to stop putting stop gap rides in place and make attractions based on good show.

netenyahoo

I hate Kali as well. It is way too short and I really hate the overt preachiness of it. It would be great if they lengthened and rethemed it for Everest, but I highly doubt it. They probably do need to do a few cosmetic changes for Everest though.

TravisMT81

these kind of raft rides I love, but face it this one just sucks,,,it is soo short. I would love a long raft adventure. They have a great on at Silver Dollar City in Branson!!!

dxwwf3

imagineer99 said:
Kali's best feature is the queue. After that, things only get worse...

Yep. And since we have to go in the summers, we always have to use Fast Pass so we usually miss all of that great queue.

I do not think Kali is a bad ride by any stretch, but it could be so much more.

imagineer99

dxwwf3 said:
Yep. And since we have to go in the summers, we always have to use Fast Pass so we usually miss all of that great queue.

I do not think Kali is a bad ride by any stretch, but it could be so much more.

I agree totally. I still believe that Kali was envisioned to be a much greater attraction that it currently is.

Pressure to complete it in a short amount of time, combined with an overall lack of rides at Animal Kingdom, resulted in a very, short and banal experience.

uhhh...such potential wasted!

Shaman

True Kali is short and there are better Rapids-type attractions out there...but you know, I always see people coming out of the ride with a smile on their face. Could it be better? Sure...a lot better (and lets hope it does get better)....but there are worse attractions at WDW than Kali...and you just have to look across the river over at DinoRama to see what I'm talking about....just my opinion though...

dxwwf3

objr said:
True Kali is short and there are better Rapids-type attractions out there...but you know, I always see people coming out of the ride with a smile on their face. Could it be better? Sure...a lot better (and lets hope it does get better)....but there are worse attractions at WDW than Kali...and you just have to look across the river over at DinoRama to see what I'm talking about....just my opinion though...

Oh I agree.

BUT at the same time do you not see smiling faces at the exit to Primeval Whirl? And unless you were talking about Triceratop Spin, I think you were reffering to PW. I know exactly where you coming from, but I think that sometimes PW gets a bad reputation. Sure it's off the shelf and cheap. And yes it probably shouldn't be in a Disney park, without major themeing. But it is quite popular and I think it is fun. Just my opinion too :wave:

DarkMeasures

Wait... I got the perfect idea for Kali.... Speed Tunnels... It would be like the tron tunnel at Disneyland but longer... And the burning forest scene can be replaced with Horizons...

goofyguy said:
Unfortunately they weren’t in an area where I could eavesdrop without being obvious

Ya Imagineers don't like people listening in on their conversations. I ran into some Imagineers discussing things outside of AE when I was there in September and when they noticed me inching closer and closer hoping to hear something they all walked away :lookaroun :(

Personally I love Kali. It's by far my favorite attraction in Animal Kingdom. I love it now, and I'm sure I'd love it even more if they made it longer. Wetter, yeah, wetter would be good too but longer for sure! I doubt the line would suffer too much because once Everest opens there will be another major ride for people to go to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom