Changes at WDW due to alligator attack (dedicated thread)

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Saw this on Living with the Land today.
My money is on the alligators being taken out all together, though I believe this (in addition to some of the ther changes) would be going overboard.
As of yesterday, same signs were in place.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Anyone with photos from the other Resorts yet? Caribbean, Beach,Coronado etc??
Fort Wilderness Beach as of this morning. First west side of boat dock, then east.

LongLiveTheKing

Those Eastern Diamondbacks on the other hand...
Oh no, you guys have rattlesnakes too? They're like the biggest "I'm going to sun bask in your walkway so you almost accidently step on me btw I am incredibly poisonous lolol" jerkwad snakes out there. Thank god my parents always have dogs and cats in their back yard because there were multiple times the surprise baby rattlesnake has been chilling where my parents walk.

JohnD

Here's what's heartbreaking about all this: According to the report, the attack occurred at "approximately 2100 hours" (9:00 pm).

But beforehand, an alligator (same one?) was reported at about 2015 hours (8:15pm): "Miss ____ [name in report. Not relevant here] was on the beach at approximately 2015 hours with her two daughters, ages 15 and 9. The daughters saw an alligator about 5 feet from shore, near the marsh. The eldest daughter told the WDW AV/Movie Coordinator about the alligator. The person she told ran to a man whose shirt said “Coordinator” and told him about the alligator." They left and returned later to find out the attack had occurred.

If only a CM had taken action. . .

Bairstow

Starting the rock wall at Y&B.
Well now that's a pity.
I know what's at stake, but I think most people would agree that the likelihood of gators popping up on that beach is far lower than at the Bay lake resorts.

Guests wouldn't know this, of course.

Has anyone heard of the animals being spotted in these waters?

21stamps

Well now that's a pity.
I know what's at stake, but I think most people would agree that the likelihood of gators popping up on that beach is far lower than at the Bay lake resorts.

Guests wouldn't know this, of course.

Has anyone heard of the animals being spotted in these waters?
Why would they be less likely to pop up there?

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
Why would they be less likely to pop up there?

I think because there is less "natural" area around Crescent Lake as compared to Bay Lake and the 7 Seas Lagoon, alligators wouldn't feel as safe/comfortable there. (Disclaimer: There is no actual scientific / historical / analytical / or even hypothetical evidence to this statement. Just a thought that came out of the "grey stuff" between my ears.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom