Change to the Pirates early 2018

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
So we might get a chance to go there in March. I almost had a heart attack when I noticed around the time we go Pirates was closing for refurbishment. It's fine, it will be open most (not all) of the time we are there. I knew they were changing the redhead scene but didn't know when. I guess this is when.

Alright, so other than the fact that social justice warriors seem content to ruin and water down pretty much everything in life, my question is, why does Disney even allow this? Is Mickey going to be charged for sexual harassment against Minnie? Does he need consent to hold her hand? Listen, this is crazy, they are pirates for crying out loud. You can't take lands like Adventureland and Frontierland and modernize them to 2017. The whole point of those lands is that they are either pure fantasy or that they are throwbacks.

How did all of this start? That's been on the ride as long as I can remember. Even the explanation is stupid. They'll be selling chickens? Huh? Is this what modern generations want? Sorry, people need to get a life.

Last edited:

TwilightZone

So we might get a chance to go there in March. I almost had a heart attack when I noticed around the time we go Pirates was closing for refurbishment. It's fine, it will be open most (not all) of the time we are there. I knew they were changing the redhead scene but didn't know when. I guess this is when.

Alright, so other than the fact that social justice warriors seem content to ruin and water down pretty much everything in life, my question is, why does Disney even allow this? Is Mickey going to be charged for sexual harassment against Minnie? Does he need consent to hold her hand? Listen, this is crazy, they are pirates for crying out loud. You can't take lands like Adventureland and Frontierland and modernize them to 2017. The whole point of those lands is that they are either pure fantasy or that they are throwbacks.

How did all of this start? That's been on the ride as long as I can remember. Even the explanation is stupid. They'll be selling chickens? Huh? Is this what modern generations want? Sorry, people need to get a life.
you need to get a life if youre still angry about this. first world problems at their best. and I'm not even a feminist!

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
you need to get a life if youre still angry about this. first world problems at their best. and I'm not even a feminist!

This entire board is first world problems. If you are on this board you can afford to go to Disney World. The issue I have is who started this protest that it got so many legs that the company decided to bend. It sets a terrible precedent that something so trivial can be changed like this.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member

Remember what happened to SeaWorld over a hyped-up hit-job documentary?

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member

Alright, so other than the fact that social justice warriors seem content to ruin and water down pretty much everything in life, my question is, why does Disney even allow this? Is Mickey going to be charged for sexual harassment against Minnie? Does he need consent to hold her hand?

Funny you should bring this up. I have no problem with Mickey and Minnie, but what about Donald? Do we live in a society where people walk around half naked? Mickey and Minnie wear clothes. Get that duck some pants!!!!!

Captain Barbossa

Amen!!

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
Funny you should bring this up. I have no problem with Mickey and Minnie, but what about Donald? Do we live in a society where people walk around half naked? Mickey and Minnie wear clothes. Get that duck some pants!!!!!

Winnie the Pooh as well! How they haven't been arrested and internet shamed is beyond me.

Remember what happened to SeaWorld over a hyped-up hit-job documentary?

They wanted to get rid of Shamu from what I remember. They didn't though. What were you referring to?

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Winnie the Pooh as well! How they haven't been arrested and internet shamed is beyond me.

They wanted to get rid of Shamu from what I remember. They didn't though. What were you referring to?

You are sooo right, but If I did a duck and a bear in the same post, I would be in such trouble :)

DisneyDoctor

Seeing that "Captain Barbossa" liked this made me laugh a little. Thanks for that, captain.

harryk

Why would anybody be surprised. Disney Parks management fell to the far far right many years ago. I'm quite surprised that it has taken them this long to decide to change the red-head scene. Wonder what they will replace it with? Or will they replace the scene at all and find a life and leave it as it is. Now that would be a surprise.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
SeaWorld took a beating at the gate and in the stock market. Disney, I'm sure, wouldn't want to repeat that experience.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Why would anybody be surprised. Disney Parks management fell to the far far right many years ago. I'm quite surprised that it has taken them this long to decide to change the red-head scene. Wonder what they will replace it with? Or will they replace the scene at all and find a life and leave it as it is. Now that would be a surprise.
I believe the proposed change will "empower young girls" by portraying The Redhead as a pirate herself.

Why nobody has complained about that implied endorsement of the pirate lifestyle is beyond me... I guess SJWs only concentrate on one layer of issue at a time.

Captain Barbossa

Screenshot_2017-12-28-10-04-27_kindlephoto-2347616.png

WE WANTS THE REDHEAD!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom