Cell phones... any advice?

Pixiedust1393

Original Poster
My parents just told me I can pick any cell phone I want, and I know nothing about phones! We have Cingular, or AT&T, and I've narrowed it down to 3 phones so far - the iPhone, Blackberry Curve, or Blackberry Pearl. I want features such as camera, music, videos (tv shows, movies, etc), texting, ringtones, that kind of stuff. Does anybody know anything about those 3 phones? Or have any other phones to offer? Also, when does the iPhone come out?

Thanks!

SrcrersApprntce

ATT/Cingular phones

Hi,

I've got a BlackJack that works fairly well, graphics, video, internet, MP3 but what is aggravating is that it doesn't have voice recognition like even the earlier Motorola/Nokia phones do. My suggestion is to look into the high end Blackberrys, as I think they were brought out to counter the Samsung Blackjack. Good thing is the internet connection allows my son and I to watch early era Disney cartoons on the phone while we wait for his school bus, but I imagine any phone lately can do that. PS--first phone I had was a Motorola "Brick phone" @ 1996. Check 'em out, all 3 are good but let them let you check it out.

Good Luck!!

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
My parents just told me I can pick any cell phone I want, and I know nothing about phones! We have Cingular, or AT&T, and I've narrowed it down to 3 phones so far - the iPhone, Blackberry Curve, or Blackberry Pearl. I want features such as camera, music, videos (tv shows, movies, etc), texting, ringtones, that kind of stuff. Does anybody know anything about those 3 phones? Or have any other phones to offer? Also, when does the iPhone come out?

Thanks!

The iPhone will be hard to come by. I heard only a few units (initial shipments) will go out to each AT&T store (a couple stores are reporting a max of 40 units though)... and god only knows when and how many more will ship after that. Some tech bloggers are saying that there are "unofficial waiting lists" happening at these stores to. Yeah... its not fair... but everyone is wetting their pants over this stupid thing. Good luck fighting off the fanboys (eww) if you do decide you want to get one.

The release date for the iPhone has been jumping all over the month of June for the last few weeks. I've heard the 11th, 15th... and then I hear the 20th... so.... I dunno. :shrug: :lol: :eek:

If I were you.. I'd get it.. and flip it to a fanboy for $1000-$1500 on eBay. :lol: :fork: :goodnevil

KeithVH

Either the Curve or the Samsung Blackjack. I like it's 25-channel XM radio feature. And the standard WIndows interface. But the curve has a better camera. It's a toss-up between these two I'd say.

Pixiedust1393

Original Poster
I think I'm going to go with the curve. I'm not too sure about the iPhone yet, when the iPod Mini's came out I got one, and then they made a whole new batch of iPods and haven't bought another one and was stuck with a Mini. I'm sure they will do the same with iPhones, keep making new ones or whatever.

Thanks for the advice! If anybody has anymore advice to offer I'd appreciate it!:D

WDWFREAK53

I think I'm going to go with the curve. I'm not too sure about the iPhone yet, when the iPod Mini's came out I got one, and then they made a whole new batch of iPods and haven't bought another one and was stuck with a Mini. I'm sure they will do the same with iPhones, keep making new ones or whatever.

Thanks for the advice! If anybody has anymore advice to offer I'd appreciate it!:D

Umm...pretty much every company is going to keep evolving their technology.

The iPOD wouldn't be what it is today if they were still solely selling the original. Look at the phones that you have mentioned...the Blackberry is a lot different now than the original. Of course they're going to keep changing...it's a business and they need to stay in front of the pack. All companies do it.

I, for one, am getting an iPHONE when it comes out (JERRY!) hehe. I'm not a fanboy but I've been using a Mac for about 6 months now and I love everything about it. (Same with the iPOD)...in fact, every product I've had my hands on that they make is very user friendly, simplistic, and just works.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
I, for one, am getting an iPHONE when it comes out (JERRY!) hehe. I'm not a fanboy

:lookaroun :lol: :ROFLOL: :p

I am just saying... every other tech blog has been: "Z0MG iPhone!1!1!1!1!1!!!!" and It just annoys me. "But ZoMG!1 it has teh touch screen!!!" Yeah... grrreeeat... I had a Siemens PocketPC phone back in 2003 that did the same thing.... Steve Jobs aint inventing the fricken wheel here. :lol: :hammer:

WDWFREAK53

:lookaroun :lol: :ROFLOL: :p

I am just saying... every other tech blog has been: "Z0MG iPhone!1!1!1!1!1!!!!" and It just annoys me. "But ZoMG!1 it has teh touch screen!!!" Yeah... grrreeeat... I had a Siemens PocketPC phone back in 2003 that did the same thing.... Steve Jobs aint inventing the fricken wheel here. :lol: :hammer:

I know :lol:

I'm only getting one based on my track record with their products :p

dolbyman

if you want intuitive usability .. and goog overall performance choose a nokia .. preferable with S60 os :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom