Celebrity and Athlete Sightings

barnebd5

Saw Britney Spears at MGM, it was her cement hand print ceremony, she was crutches but still looked good as always. This was like right when she became really famous and she still looked wholsome, lol

1disneydood

Originally posted by Jonathan
I saw Michael Jackson there in 1985 at what is now called Downtown Disney. I know you won't believe me when I say this, but he was there shopping with a VERY large bodyguard and a very young boy.
:lookaroun no comment

I saw Ozzy @ MK in line for the haunted mansion.
OK, I'm joking but that would be funny and at the same time cool. :lol:

raven

Like 5 or 6 years ago I was getting in the line for ToT when a woman behind me noticed I was alone and asked me if her 2 sons could go on it with me because she didn't want to ride. The kid turned out to be Justin Berfield of Malcom in the Middle (although this was way before the show) and his brother Lorne. I recognized him after about 2 minutes of talking to him and knew he was the kid from Unhappily Ever After. I stayed with them and their mom for the remainder of the day to show them around MGM. We still chat through email and he still sends autograph pictures. I can't believe I knew him before he was even that recognized. :)

Other than that, Mickey has always been a celeb to me. :D

bhg469

Re: I've seen a few......

I saw and got Thurman Thomas (former Buffalo Bills NFL player) signature at the ESPN Club as well. [/B]

wow disney must be magical i met him twice when i was little and always got a mean look, that was at a media event too i want trying to bug him or anythig, im sure id be in a bad mood too if i forgot my helmet at the superbowl

but my celeb was bobby flay i think thats his last name, the chef guy! he was eating an ice cream cone, that wasnt important to the story but i just thought id legnthen my post a little

hadesrules

Our last trip down we rode the Tower Of Terror with Montel Williams. We got the ride photo to prove it, too! We were'nt going to bother him, but we couldn't have if we wanted to, because right after we got off the ride he was wisked through a side door and away.

dmmgp2000

When I worked at the Yacht and Beach Club on my College Program, I saw my fair share of celebrities, mostly sports figures. Former Buffalo Bills and Hall of Famer Jim Kelly stayed at the resort with his family for a week. Just a few months later he was inducted into the hall of fame. I also saw former Tampa Bay Bucs punter Mark Royals, now with the Jaguars. I had a nice conversation one day with actress Anette Bening ("The American President", "The Siege"). As far as music goes, there was some private party at Typhoon Lagoon one night. The artists stayed at the Yacht Club. I saw Snoop Dogg, Eminem, Dr. Dre, there were a couple more I didn't recognize though.

On my day off one day, I saw boxer Evander Holyfield at the Magic Kingdom. My parents saw New England Patriots kicker Adam Vinateri while touring the Vacation Club. This was just a few weeks after his game winning kick in Super Bowl XXXVI.

BeachClub

This was July 1999...we were staying at the Contemporary...came down to eat breakfast at Chef Mickeys....when who do we see....walking right past me was O.J Simpson and his older daughter. I was appauled and disgusted! People were practically pushing away, knocking over the characters running over to him for his autograph and pictures!!! Mind you this was after the "whole ordeal". I of course did not partake in that fiasco. GROSS!!!

bluesnut

I cannot help my self...

Originally posted by Hey UNderpants
I saw Ron Popeil fishing his watch out of a urinal in The Land. That was my favorite.

Was he using his pocket fisherman? :lookaroun :D

I saw John Tesh at MK one time. He was doing a benefit concert for Children's Miracle Network (I think). It was after the park closed. We stumbled across it just at park closing. The concert was very intimate only about 30 of us in front of the castle. The CM's came around and told us that the transportation would definitely be running specially for us until after the concert. It was great.

disneydisney

I saw the football coach Jon Gruden from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Honey I Shrunk the Audience, he sat right in front of us with his family.

I saw Al Roker from the Today Show near Rainforest Cafe at Downtown Disney.

I saw Florence Henderson, the mom, from the Brady Bunch in Disney's California Adventures and she sat right behind us in Muppet Vision.

I'm not sure if I saw her but Mandy Moore was in the MK on the same day I was, because my friends in the park saw her.

I saw at different times a lady all covered up and a man in a disguise at Splash Mountain. And prob more just didn't notice.

Tramp

I don't know if this counts as celebrity....BUT...back around 1995, I started up a conversation with a guy in the Grand Floridian pool...talking about everything and anything but nothing personal. The guy was staying in the turret rooms of the hotel which I thought were reserved for famous people. I recognized the guy and finally asked him why I seemed to know him. He looked at me and asked, "Do you ever read Screw Magazine?" It was the owner of Screw Magazine, Al Goldstein. :eek:

I know no one will ever believe this but I never read Screw Magazine but remember seeing this guy on the talk show circuit. Oh, why bother, you don't believe it anyways.:zipit:

noname70

I was leaving Dinosaur when I noticed a bunch of plain clothes securty types milling about. They didn't look "Disney"-then I saw x-pres Jimmy Carter. He didn't say much. The security said he didn't ride, he was waiting for his wife who was on.

mrtoad

Originally posted by testtracker
I saw Juwan Howard who used to play for the washington wizards, now i think he plays for the.......................uh grizzlies??? I think. ;)
The Orlando Magic.

1disneydood

As far as music goes, there was some private party at Typhoon Lagoon one night. The artists stayed at the Yacht Club. I saw Snoop Dogg, Eminem, Dr. Dre, there were a couple more I didn't recognize though.
And there wasn't a drug bust? :confused: No shootings? :confused: No vice raid? :confused:

:lol:

MagicalMonorail

When we were at Test Track we saw 2 kids coming in from a side door. They had a camera following them and he filmed them in the car. This was like a big movie camera and he had an entourage. The kids were about 15 and the guy had black hair to his shoulders and the girl had braids on top of her head. I don't know who they were but they appeared to be VIP's. By the way, this was in June 2002.

wdwhoneymooner

We've seen:

Mike Hampton - pitcher for Atlanta Braves (during last year's spring training). An easy one since the Braves have their spring training @ Wide World of Sports.

Shaq, when he was still with Orlando.

Drew Bledsoe - when he was still the QB for the Pats.

TURKEY

Originally posted by wdwhoneymooner
We've seen:

Mike Hampton - pitcher for Atlanta Braves (during last year's spring training). An easy one since the Braves have their spring training @ Wide World of Sports.

Shaq, when he was still with Orlando.

Drew Bledsoe - when he was still the QB for the Pats.

Shaq still shows up quite a bit in the offseason.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom