Celebrities you have seen at WDW

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by Becky
:confused:

Ok, does this count. When they used to take you on a tour above the soundstages Hulk Hogan was rehersing something. I always thought the glass was one way so we could see them but they couldn't see us so that they could concentrate but I guess not because he looked up at our group and waved. :D :cool:

LOL!!! i wonder if anyone ever tried making funny faces at the celebrities on that tour! couldn't you just imagine their surprise if the celebrity made one back?:eek: teeheehee!!!

foxfire

Let's see---way back when I sang in the Candlelight Processional we had Robert Guillaume (aka Rafiki) and Robby Benson as hosts...I got to shake hands w/ Robert G. backstage. I think we also had Billy Dee Williams the first year I did it.

I was at the VP grand opening of Fantasmic in Nov. 1998 and met David Odgen Stires (aka a ton of Disney characters) on the way out of the men's room...that's a story for the grandkids one day. They also had Ming-Na (aka Mulan) there, and a few other celebs but Stires was the only one I got to meet.

dannysbelle

I worked there as part of WDWCP in '96. That summer the Olympic basketball "Dream Team" came through in a parade in the World Showcase in front of the US pavilion. We were right up close so I got awesome close ups. I worked at Blizzard Beach and on my day off that week around closing time Scottie Pippin came to ride some of the water rides. My friend said they closed off the down hill double dipper so he could ride it twice and then he left. My friend said he was too tall for it to really be fun. The one day I have off from working at that crappy place (fun to be there, not fun to work there) something cool happens!:brick:

Also, that summer my friend who worked front desk at the Beach Club got to check in the oldest son from Tool Time and his family. He was there promoting a movie. He also stayed at the Grand Floridian and my friend who did concierge there spoke to him a couple times for room requests. She said he was really nice. She really didn't know who he was until a co-worker told her.

Not exactly MY brushes with fame, but neat stories!:animwink:

meekoman

I saw Cal Ripken Jr (even video taped him) as he and his family were leaving Its A Small World the summer he set the record for games played.

Spectroman17

When my brother was able to sing a Epcot, for the Candlelight procession, his narrator was Robby Benson, and the other night that he sang out there his narrator was Gary Sinise, he really wasnt that good though, and me and him went to go see Levar Burton he was Excellent.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
WAY back in the day, I saw New Kids On The Block :lookaroun We'll keep that one on the hush, hush though...

A few years back I sang in the Christmas Candle Light Processional. In the three nights we performed, the narrators were Garth Brooks, Lewis Gossett Jr., and Levar Burton. Wow!! What a treat, I swear! :):):)

DisneyWorldGuru

I meet Drew Carey. I also saw (but not meet) N Sync, Rosie O'Donnel (when her show was taped at WDW), and when I was at Universal Studios I saw Christopher Loyd and Michale J. Fox when they opened the BTTF ride.

FanofDinsey1981

I saw hulk hogan too, but it was right before he came back as "hollywood hogan" in the wwf. (I think it was 1999). He wasn't taking autographs, but my sister and her friend positioned themselves just right when he walked by so my dad could get their picture "with" him.

JLW11Hi

I was at Downtown Disney for New Year's 2000, and they were having a party at Planet Hollywood for a bunch of people who I am guessing worked for Disney or something. It was for specially invited peopel, and they had a red carpet out with limo's pulling up with the guests and everything. (It was kinda like being at a movie premier)

Out of all the people that came, one of them was a Backstreet Boy (not sure which one) and the girl that was in Casper (don't know her name).

When I was at Universal Studios Hollywood around 1995, I saw Rosie O Donnel being interviewed. She was having her show taped there, and by luck we got to see it! You needed tickets to get in, and a lady that had a ticket gave us her's because she coudn't stay to see it. The rest of our group were let in with a stand by crowd. It was awesome!

This isn't at one of the parks, but I did see most of the cast of Home Improvement rehearsing for the show at the Disney Studios in California.

MR. DISNEY

Joe Namath, Gorge Brett, Chris Evertt Loydd, Kathy Kinney (Drew Carey)Strelin Marlin (Nascar) Mickey Mouse:sohappy: and David Lee Roth:brick:

BigAL

Celebrity

I have seen and talked to Chevy Chase next to the Tea Cups at Magice Kingdom

Hillary Clinton the day of the 25th Anniversary

Drew Carey

Regis and Kelly taping for the Christmas parade

Tom Morrow

Originally posted by dizpins14
Met Steve Tyler in the Rock N' Roller Coaster Gift Shop a year ago

Lucky!!!

As for me, I saw Drew Carrey, and I've personally met Chip, Dale, Mickey, Goofy, Tigger, Pluto, Minnie, Donald, and countless other Disney characters. :D

Timekeeper

I saw Britney Spears, Justin and JC from NSync, and all of the other mouseketeers. Of course, this was back when they were prepubescent "nobodies," filming for the final season:cry: of the Mickey Mouse Club. I think this was back '95. But hey, it was at MGM Studios and thus meets the requirement for this thread.

Tk

christopher

1998 or 99 - Aerosmith at MGM (RnR Opening)

2000 - Eminem, Dre. Dre, Sisqo, Jay Z (all together at Buzz Lightyear)

2000 - N'sync (MGM backstage tour)

2001 - Will Smith (Disney Quest Chicago)

Also,

In 98' a big group of tourist girls from another country asked me if they could have their picture taken with me. They must have thought I was someone famous from America. They barely spoke English so I couldnt find out who they thought I was. I just smiled and took the pic.

:veryconfu

joROurA

Originally posted by The Hurricane
Thru howling winds and pouring rain, all evil shall fear The Hurricane!

Hurricane Sux!!!
actually, the only reason why i watch wrestling now is cause of stacey kiebler!:slurp:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom