Celebrities seen at WDW

WV_Jayola

Last fall, me and my family were hanging out at the Grand Floridian... My son was doing the "pirate cruise", so the wife, my brother in law and I were checking the place out. We were in the main lobby, and decided we were going to take some photos. My wife posed on the main staircase, when a gentleman said "if you guys want to get in the photo with her, I'll take it". We, of course, said yes, and proceeded to be photographed. Well, as he handed back our camera, I noticed a HUGE ring on his finger that appeared to be a championship ring. He was a rather large gentleman, so I can't help but feel that he was some sort of championship athlete.... it bugs me to this day that i didn't ask him...

jeff.

pacochran

The end of November last year my son and I were waiting for my DW and DD to come off the Tower of Terror and saw Neil Patrick Harris and a group of Friends come off the ride. We followed him into the gift shop and he was nice enough to let me take a picture of my son with him. He was doing the Candlelight Processional at Epcot at the time.

PlutoInOrlando

In the Parks
Yes
HAH! Your stories all stink compared to mine!

I met Mickey Mouse!

Top that.

Hmmm.. Maybe - Oh..I don't know..... Oprah?
While I did meet her, for a show she did quite some time ago (of course it was one of her, I'm Oprah & I'll give you WDW for the day :hurl:)...

Naaaa - you're right - I think MM beats her any day! But thats just me - :lol:

PlutoInOrlando

In the Parks
Yes
Oh..and I do have to tell a "D'OH" moment on myself...

I was working the merchandise cart on the right side of the Train Station one day. I opened the park (was a rather slow morning actually). Anyway - We never had much business early on. I was standing there...getting everything all "neat and pretty" :animwink: and I see a bunch of people, with Cast Members & management in front of City Hall. I'm looking and looking trying to figure out who the heck it is...Low and hold, it's Walter Cronkite. He was there for the "re-Grand Opening" of SSE from himself to Jeremy Irons as the narrator.

So, I'm kinda all giddy inside just watching everyone. Then this very, truly, nice lady (very distinguished) comes up and wants to buy film. I sell her the film, and in my "giddiness" - I explain to her that, if she looks over toward City Hall, she'll be able to see Mr. Walter Cronkite. She turns her head, looks, and immediately, turns back to me, and says........

"Yes, I know...that's my Father."

Trying NOT to say anything any more than I needed to after that, I politely said - "You have a GREAT Disney day!" and immediately started to eat my tongue! :hammer::p

palmage

Jim Belushi was 2 loungers away at the Grand Floridian pool.

Kyle Petty was at the Yacht Club gift shop buying some Goodys

mpoppins76

I was working the merchandise cart on the right side of the Train Station one day. I opened the park (was a rather slow morning actually). Anyway - We never had much business early on. I was standing there...getting everything all "neat and pretty" :animwink: and I see a bunch of people, with Cast Members & management in front of City Hall. I'm looking and looking trying to figure out who the heck it is...Low and hold, it's Walter Cronkite. He was there for the "re-Grand Opening" of SSE from himself to Jeremy Irons as the narrator.

So, I'm kinda all giddy inside just watching everyone. Then this very, truly, nice lady (very distinguished) comes up and wants to buy film. I sell her the film, and in my "giddiness" - I explain to her that, if she looks over toward City Hall, she'll be able to see Mr. Walter Cronkite. She turns her head, looks, and immediately, turns back to me, and says........

Trying NOT to say anything any more than I needed to after that, I politely said - "You have a GREAT Disney day!" and immediately started to eat my tongue! :hammer::p
:lol::lol::lol: Love it!

Mikester71

We too saw Steven Tyler from Aerosmith in March 2005, but we saw him at Animal Kingdom on the Dinosaur ride. The entourage entered from the exit, and we waited for him to come back out. There were only a couple of people who recognized him so it was very low key. I took a picture of his "picture" on the t.v. screen but it's kind of fuzzy, but still cool. He stood beside me at the t.v. screens and was a lot skinnier than I could have imagined. My 10 year old daughter was most impressed with his skull earrings!! They left the same way they came and disappeared through a back gate by the exit. It was a real thrill as Aerosmith is one of my favourite bands.

He was alot smaller than I pictured him too. He was standing right behind me after we got off the ride. Like I said, I thought it was part of the Disney magic. :ROFLOL:

You must have been there the same week as us (Canadian March break - usually second week in March).

Kelle0702

I've seen a couple celebrities at wdw.
First one was maybe in the 90's I was little and I was with my mom in a store at the now DHS and all the sudden this music started playing and I was like mom we are missing the parade so I grab her and we go running out of the store and it was Tia and Tamera Mowry from Sister Sister and they were being driven down hollywood boulevard to put their hands in the cement.
Second was when the disney channel was doing those concerts in the park and I saw Joey McIntyre and Britney Spears they set up a big screen for those of us who couldn't get into the actual concert so we could still see it. I watched Joey's concert but it was so late to stay for Britney and I had already watched her rehearsal earlier in the day. Then the next morning my sister still claims to this day she saw Britney across the pool at the GF and she waved to her!!
Finally this didn't happen in the park but on a plane home from disney we sat across the aisle from Mandy Moore and her family.Then we landed in NY we were the last 2 groups getting off the plane because my grandmother needed a wheel chair and Mandy Moore walked out with us and was seriously the sweetest girl I have ever met. She talked to us for a good 20 minutes while we waited for a wheel chair and my grandmother told her about every illness she has ever had and then she gave me and my sister autographs because of course we had our bop magazine with us and she was all over it!!

Einselen

I was heading to the restroom near Test Track at Epcot and this tall thin guy with a hat, sunglasses and a backpack comes bounding in front of me like an antelope....I did a double-take and realized it was Neil Patrick Harris. I understand he's a bit of a WDW fanatic and is seen there frequently.

NPH is a huge Disney Fan. He has been on a few Disney podcast as well. It seems though NPH would be nice to his fans.

Also the story (and pic) of the Rock is great. It is great that he is willing to wait in line and not use his celeb status (well then at least) to cut to the front.

As far as celebs at Disney I am sure at WDW they probably use the tunnels and even at the other parks it would not surprise me if they get to take the back routes to mostly everything if wanted.

dvalentine

Saw Harrison Ford and Calista Flockhart on Splash Mt. this past Christmas week. Calista was standing on the other side of the loading dock, while Harrison just took off on the ride.

morgan22

I've seen a couple celebrities at wdw.
First one was maybe in the 90's I was little and I was with my mom in a store at the now DHS and all the sudden this music started playing and I was like mom we are missing the parade so I grab her and we go running out of the store and it was Tia and Tamera Mowry from Sister Sister and they were being driven down hollywood boulevard to put their hands in the cement.
!!

OMG ... I was there that exact day too .... unless they did it more than once (!!)

We saw Stephen Baldwin and family watching Beauty and the Beast and Bob Hope watching 'DickTracy: Diamond Double Cross' at MGM in the early 90's (not the same trip)

mickeymaniacs

Everytime I go to Disney I see celebrities .. Mickey, Minnie Donald just to name a few.
A few years ago I went to the Magic Kingdom during extra magic hours.it was about 2:00am my Girlfriend (at the time) and I were in line for the Speedway and right in front of us was Kenny Chesney .. I couldn't believe it. The cast member was oblivious as to why I told this guy i was a huge fan:ROFLOL:

oh my gosh you lucky dog I love him! Did they spend the last 3 years living under a rock? Even people who aren't country fans know him.

mickeymaniacs

Don't know if this counts but I saw Chip Foose in the airport in Mineapolis on my way to Disneyland.Got our pics taken with him and was on the same plane. Really cool guy he acted like we were old buddies.:sohappy:

OilSlinger822

I've never seen a celeb at Disney that I can remember (or noticed...I'm usually in my own world lol)..but my cousin saw Usher a few years back gettin on RnR coaster :)

..wish I could've seen that

petersenjp

Last trip we took was near the end of March 08.

We were standing in line at the haunted mansion and my wife swears Cici from Beauty and the Geek was standing next to us. (I know, not really a celeb, but she thought it was pretty cool.) Did anyone else see her?

Also on the trip we saw Donny Osmond and Miss America.

emoariel

My mom's best freind washed her hands next to kelly ripa in the bathrooms near haunted mansion.
I also saw celine dion in the studios one day in summer '06.

ChrisQ

Wow, I bet that was embarrassing/humbling!

And hello from another Georgian... :wave:

ChrisQ

In 1998 (I think) my friend Tim went to the bathroom, and as I was waiting for him Kevin Bacon and his whole family walked by... 30 seconds later my friend comes running out of the bathroom yelling, "Guess who I just peed next to!?!?"
Guess you can beat everybody at Six Degrees Of Kevin Bacon, huh? :cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom