Celebrating a birthday...

dannysbelle

:sohappy:
We are planning on celebrating our friend's birthday when we are at WDW next week. His actual birthday was today, but because we won't see him until the trip, we'll celebrate there when we are all together as an extended family. My question is, can we still get special treatment for him, even if it isn't his actual birthday? I've heard of birthday badges, are there such a thing? He is 68, by the way, and will be his first trip to WDW...just want to make it special for him. We are eating at Hollywood and Vine for lunch one day, would they do something if we mentioned it? Thanks!

db

TURKEY

Originally posted by dannysbelle
We are planning on celebrating our friend's birthday when we are at WDW next week. His actual birthday was today, but because we won't see him until the trip, we'll celebrate there when we are all together as an extended family. My question is, can we still get special treatment for him, even if it isn't his actual birthday? I've heard of birthday badges, are there such a thing? He is 68, by the way, and will be his first trip to WDW...just want to make it special for him. We are eating at Hollywood and Vine for lunch one day, would they do something if we mentioned it? Thanks!

db

You can get birthday buttons at Guest Relations in MK I know. I don't know about other parks. Ask for anything special activities at Guest Relations or at any restaurants that you visit. I know some of the restaurants do some special things (singing, special dessert) for you, but I'm not positive about Hollywood and Vine.

Upvote 0
At city hall at mk you can get a button that has the castle with the characters infront and a card from the beast (Beauty and the beast) and i have now heard that you can even recieve a phone call from goofy while there.

Upvote 0

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Originally posted by dannysbelle

db

At Cindy's Royal Table, my fiancee got a free sundae with a chocolate crown :)

Upvote 0

Tramp

...Liberty Tree Tavern makes it a point to ask if anyone is celebrating a birthday or anniversary and they decorate the table with confetti and streamers....of course, they embarass ya with their off key rendition of "Happy Birthday." Don't know if they gave a special dessert to the "birthday" person.

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
It varies from resort to resort and restaurant to restaurant. We've gotten everything from a small birthday cake (Rose and Crown) to cupcakes or special dessert. We've also gotten cards and even a balloon in our room. I just wouldn't "expect" anything in particular, or anything at all....but appreciate anything they CHOOSE to give the birthday boy/girl.

Upvote 0

Steamboat_Kevin

Originally posted by The Mom
I just wouldn't "expect" anything in particular, or anything at all....but appreciate anything they CHOOSE to give the birthday boy/girl.
Mhmm, Appreciate anything they give you for your bip-bip (as I used to call it when I was a wee lad)
Most places wouldn't even do anything special for someones b-day! ;)

Upvote 0

Grumpy 70

The last two times that my family and I have gone to Disney World one of my daughters was celebrating their birthday. As stated above if you go to the town hall you can get a happy birthday pin. Once you have done this the fun will start. My daughters recieved everything from free desserts to phone calls from Goofy and Mickey. One CM even let them go to the head of the line on Dumbo. My girls really enjoyed this special treatment.

On a side note I was amazed at how many CM's noticed the birthday pins and would just stop what ever it was that they were doing to wish my girls a happy birthday. :D

Upvote 0

homer424

How cool! I wish I would have known this before-I celebrated my 27th on our trip in April. (I did get a free trip to the first aid center because my daughter hurt her hand :()

Upvote 0

Worldphile

I know for a fact that you get a button that says something like "It's my birthday."

My wife and Mickey have the same birthday. We were taking the Keys to the Kingdom tour on her birthday one year, and the tour guide asked us who our favorite character was and why. To test the CM, my wife said, "Mickey, because he and I share the same birthday."

To the credit of the tour guide, he looked toughtful for a second or two while he connected the dots, reached into his pocket and immediately pulled out a birthday button. I was amazed that he was that prepared and that based on that clue he could infer that that day was my wife's birthday.

We never thought to mention her birthday at any of the restaurants, so I can't tell you for sure if they do anything special, but I assume they would.

Upvote 0

FanofDinsey1981

Re: Re: Celebrating a birthday...

Originally posted by Fievel

At Cindy's Royal Table, my fiancee got a free sundae with a chocolate crown :)

yeah, they dont check ID's or anything, they simply take your word for it. we did this for my good friend on her birthday, and they were really nice about it! and the chocoalate crown was yummy!:slurp:

Upvote 0

RogueHabit

Re: Re: Celebrating a birthday...

Originally posted by turkey leg boy

You can get birthday buttons at Guest Relations in MK I know. I don't know about other parks. Ask for anything special activities at Guest Relations or at any restaurants that you visit. I know some of the restaurants do some special things (singing, special dessert) for you, but I'm not positive about Hollywood and Vine.
We've heard of this, and clearly it appears to be true, however when my wife emailed guest relations recently to ask about this they just replied with a list of restaurants to visit...

She was quite specific about asking about the pins, is it supposed to be a big MK secret?

Upvote 0

robbyk

My wife celebrated her birthday in Epcot. We went to guest relations and I told them it was her birthday. They gave her a bracelet, a ladybug and they signed a card for her. Tenpeople in all form ten different countries. She also got a phone call from Goofy. We had lunch in the Land pavillion where a maintenance worker over heard us talking about her birthday. He went and got her a chocolate chip muffin and gave her a fast pass for the Living with the land ride for us and all tweleve members of our family. We had dinner at the restaurant in the Italian pavillion where they did very little. I beleive they just dropped off a piece of cake. Here is the point.... Tell everyone about the birthday and let the cast members work their magic.

Upvote 0

RogueHabit

TIP: If you have PS or Reservations for meals for a birthday meal, call ahead of time and to the restaurant and let them know.

We were told to do this by Guest Services.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom