Celeb Sightings at MGM Lately?

MarcV

I saw Jessica Simpson a few years ago in Downtown Disney. I almost ran into her and her bodyguard (a mountain of a man). I guess she was tehre for a concert at the house of blues, it was love at first sight....lol

DLP Fan

Once got to ride The Tower of Terror with Jonathon Tayler Thomas, Randy from Home Improvement, and Jenna von Oy, Six from Blossom. It was just before the official opening of the ride, or just after, not to sure. Was pretty cool though.

disneykorn

I saw Kelly Ripa and her son at EPCOT a couple of months ago. I was walking over the bridge between England and France and i spotted her and told my friend to check her out because i thought she was hot, and alas it turned out to be kelly ripa! She had the CM with her and everything. I turned on Regis and Kelly Show the next monday and sure enough she talked about her trip. I thought that was pretty funny.

Lionking

I was at AK on Thanksgiving Day 2004 and my cousin and I were getting on Kali River when They stopped the ride and a CM brought out Cal Ripken and his family he was in the boat right behind us. Then over spring break I was at Epcot getting ready to go on mission space when I saw Steven Tyler.

dmmgp2000

As a lifeguard at the Yacht and Beach Club in 2002, I saw a fair shair of celebs and athletes. The most memorable one for me was NFL Hall of Famer Jim Kelly and his family. They stayed for a week. Also, Eminem, Dr. Dre, and a few other rappers had a balcony room overlooking the pool, so I could see them out there talking on their cell phones. When going to break one time, I nearly ran into Snoop Dogg as he was coming out of Beaches N' Cream. Emmitt Smith was spotted in Beaches N' Cream as well, but my friend and I saw him a few days later at Islands of Adventure.

In March of 2005, The Swan Hotel hosted a Coors convention. Boy, did they bring a lot of celebs. I got to meet Jevon Kearse of the Eagles when he left his CDs in the limo and I returned them to his room. I also briefly spoke to Keenan McCardell and Elaine and Diane Klimaszewski (The Coors Twins), when they came to the front desk to ask where Kimono's Sushi Bar was. I got to check in Greg Proops from "Who's Line..." and I spotted Colin Mochrie in the Disney Cabana's gift shop. What a week that was!

rainfully

dmmgp2000 said:
I got to check in Greg Proops from "Who's Line..." and I spotted Colin Mochrie in the Disney Cabana's gift shop. What a week that was!

Out of all the celebs listed in this thread, I think those are the one's I'd be mosts excited to see! How cool! :) If Ryan Stiles was there as well, I'd be in heaven!

bucklmd

Those are some good ones. I've never just seen a famous person there on vacation or anything, but it would be exciting. I think it would be hard to spot them since they are in "our" environment instead of where we're used to seeing them. I'm sure they try to blend in as much as possible.

As for the original post, if you can count Elvira as a famous person, she was in the Stars and Motor Cars parade a few years ago.

dmmgp2000

rainfully said:
Out of all the celebs listed in this thread, I think those are the one's I'd be mosts excited to see! How cool! :) If Ryan Stiles was there as well, I'd be in heaven!

Actually Rainfully, Ryan Stiles was there as well, but I never saw him. Apparently when I was on break, he came to the front desk to ask for a Sharpie pen so he could sign an autograph for a fan. I was like...No!! lol

MysteryJames

Ah, celebrity sightings. ^_^

I had quite a few during the Happiest Celebration on Earth kickoff at Magic Kingdom.

May 4th, I saw Ashanti, Joey Fatone, and Lance Bass at the Studios. I not-quite-so-introduced myself to Ashanti, who is one of my all time favorite performers. :)D)

May 5th, I got to meet Wayne Brady and the Disney Tattoo guy (had a lengthy conversation with that man. He's quite nice.) I shook the hand of Michael from "Extreme Makeover" and had a convo with his wife. The VIP CM didn't look to happy, but I had to get a few pictures. ^_^

Also, I had a very small-talky kinda conversation with Alfonso Rimera (Carlton from Fresh Prince of Bel-Air). He was quite rude.

Got a picture of Alan Cummings as he was walking by in Adventureland.

Met Tom Bergeron while he was at MK for filming of AFV.

Was Hello'ed by Regis and Kelly when they filmed.

MET Ciara, Yellowcard (faints), and physically bumped into Ryan Cabrera (DIES) during Grad Nite.

And earlier in the year, I got to serve popcorn to Oscar de la Hoya.

I <3 WDW

rainfully

dmmgp2000 said:
Actually Rainfully, Ryan Stiles was there as well, but I never saw him. Apparently when I was on break, he came to the front desk to ask for a Sharpie pen so he could sign an autograph for a fan. I was like...No!! lol

Aww that would have been my luck! Ryan and Colin are my favorites!

DisneyRaider

Jevon Kearse

I went to high school with Jevon Kearse 1991-1995. He's a really good guy. He hosts a lot of charity events here in Fort Myers. I had to root against him though in the Super Bowl being a PATS fan. HAHA

wdwfairy

justintheschola said:
I bumped into Zachary Ty Bryan (oldest son on Home Improvement) at the Yatchman's Steakhouse back in '97, or '98. He sat at the table next to us. My mother asked for an autograhph, lol.

My dad saw Zachary Ty Bryan too! I can't remember what year....but we did go in '97 and '98 so maybe it was the same time. My dad and I rented a water sprite from Grand Floridian and somewhere in the bay my dad spotted him on a jetski (sp?) with some girl and he didn't tell me until AFTER we got off the sprites.
I was so mad.

surfsupdon

Sam Page ate at the Brown Derby whilst I was in the area last Christmastime, maybe 12/29 it was. He was on American Dreams. That's the only celebrity I've seen at MGM ever.

Cheryl

Two sitings

A few years back, we saw Julie Andrews autographing a book that she had just released. She looked as sweet as ever and never a day older. :animwink:

Two years ago, we saw Wayne Brady when they were taping the Christmas Parade. He is a great singer, has a wonderful personality and is a very attractive man too! :sohappy:

Didn't get either one's autograph though. :brick: I could kick myself sometimes.

Raven

This is a comment about the other post about Raven.

At the time she was there doing autographs / concert she was also filming something for the food network in the big gingerbread house ... we stayed at the WL but our friends stayed at the GF and were on the same floor as her. They called us over as she was shooting the show and we went up to he to get her autograph ( after the show) and got pushed away ... so we went up to the room and ate at the little buffet they had on that floor and the elevator opened and it was raven and all her dancers. we talked to her for about 5 mins ( got pics and autographs ) but then she had to go change but we did get to hang out with one of her dancers for about an hour which was really cool. the next day our friends got to swim with her !

note for people who live in Louisiana ( alexandria , shreveport , baton rouge ....)
our friends are the owners of superior grill YUMMY ! just thought i would make you hungry

1disneydood

I've been six times and never spotted a celeb. :(

Guess that's because I don't pay attention to "people" too much while I'm there. I'm either staring at architecture, landscaping, or something magical. :D

EpcotGrl

Last year at Food & Wine I (literally) ran in to Erik Estrada in the lobby of the Beach Club...and none of my friends knew who he was! These kids today... ;)

DisneyJill

Steven Tyler is at WDW pretty often, it seems. I've seen several people (while working and vacationing there) from afar.

Jonnie (Micbat) and I were on Mission:SPACE one time and this girl from Lizzie McGuire was waiting in the same pre-show room as us. Umm...Lalaine? Or something. Jonnie told me who she was and I was like "Who?" and he told me to shhh and then said, "You know...from Lizzie McGuire!" and I said, "Lizzie McGuire!?" really loudly and he shushed me again. I looked her up later, haha. :lol:

Scruffy

I saw Michael Eisner at MGM during a May 1990 vacation. There is a photo, but it is locked away for now.

P.S.

Has any body on the boards, seen Kryssa in person at WDW?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom