Celador to Sue Disney over Illegal Use of Millionaire Music

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by Bill
If you read the article, that's not the main issue. You have pulled something out of a much longer, more in-depth article. The music is only a small part of what Celador is going to sue for.

Plus, Disney had the rights to use the music if they were allowed to "re-create" the show at the park. It's something that would be included in the deal. Saying that it wasn't included is what they are doing. I'm sorry. You're taking something out of context... or perhaps you don't see the big picture.

Bill... dont be Jerk and talk smack to me, ok? I was reading the article that was posted here... not the one you just copied and pasted, ok...!!!!? I had never seen that one up until now!!... or perhaps you don't see the big picture?? :brick: :brick:

Oh How I still dislike you and your Condescending tone. :fork:

MKBurn15

And if Millionaire is a ABC show, then doesn't Disney own Abc, which owns Millionaire, meaning they have rights to everything on millionaire, including Regis Philbin, meaning that he should be at the parks! ....I mean the music, meaning they can use it? Aren't the rights to the music sort of implied?

gcurling

And if Millionaire is a ABC show, then doesn't Disney own Abc, which owns Millionaire, meaning they have rights to everything on millionaire, including Regis Philbin, meaning that he should be at the parks! ....I mean the music, meaning they can use it? Aren't the rights to the music sort of implied?

Let's say you loan your car to your neighbor to drive it to the store to buy groceries. Later you find out that he and his family used the car to take a vacation across the county. Did he have a right to do that? You let him use your car, does that mean that he can do anything he wants with it for as long as he wants? Of course not.

In this case the owner of the music gave Disney some rights to use the music. Now, if those were full rights to do anything with the music, then Disney's fine. If they gave specific rights, then there may be an issue.

MKBurn15

Originally posted by gcurling
Let's say you loan your car to your neighbor to drive it to the store to buy groceries. Later you find out that he and his family used the car to take a vacation across the county. Did he have a right to do that? You let him use your car, does that mean that he can do anything he wants with it for as long as he wants? Of course not.

In this case the owner of the music gave Disney some rights to use the music. Now, if those were full rights to do anything with the music, then Disney's fine. If they gave specific rights, then there may be an issue.
Let's say you loan your car to your neighbor to drive it to the store to buy groceries. Let's use the radio as a metaphor for the music.:hammer: Does this give them a right to use your radio? Yes. Yes it does. But for the Disney thing, if we could actually read their contracts then we would easily be able to tell if it was specified enough.

gcurling

MKBurn15, your original point was that Disney should have the right to do anything with the music that they want because Disney owns the company that contracted to use the music for the show. While your radio analogy had a nice smiley with it, it has absolutely no relevance.

MKBurn15

Originally posted by gcurling
MKBurn15, your original point was that Disney should have the right to do anything with the music that they want because Disney owns the company that contracted to use the music for the show. While your radio analogy had a nice smiley with it, it has absolutely no relevance.
Relevance...That word means nothing to me....
I meant that if they own the show, they own the theme music to the show technically and if they were allowed to build a "copy" of the show for guests, it was probably implied that they could use the music. And I like this smiley.:hammer: :hammer: :hammer: So thank you for that.

MKBurn15

Also, I don't think that music was the main issue. And the car analogy was also sort of different because you told your neighbor that he could borrow your car to go to the groceries. In Disney's case, they were told that they could re-create the show.

STGRhost

Prove it.

daycare: http://www.snopes.com/disney/wdco/daycare.htm .

internet: http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_366732.html?menu=news.technology

Blockbuster: http://www.brokenremote.tv/print.php?sid=74

However, let's say you sell the car to your neighbor. Now it really doesn't matter what he does with it - you no longer have any say. Even if you built the car yourself...

Honestly, I don't know who has ownership in this situation, but we need to remember there are two sides to the story...

Bill

Account Suspended
Guys, you need to realize that EVERY company does this. And personally, I think every company is wrong. Not for trying to protect their rights, but when it's obviously not hurting the company, there's no reason for it.

General Grizz

Originally posted by KevinPage
Any chance I can sue General Grizz for emotionally scarring me by reading his posts?

I didn't know they would be so emotionally damaging :cry: :cry:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No Stitch mp3s for you. :D

sidman656

I really can't imagine Millionaire without the Millionaire music. The host will just say "OK.. guys let's move on to the next question" It's not the same! Disney will sneak its way out of this somehow. By either changing the music just a tweak or actually paying them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom