CBR Closing For Rehab ??

damskm

We are due to stay at CBR between Sept 10 and Oct 9 and have heard rumors that it is closing for rehab from Sept 8

Any one else heard anything, and what happens now

wannabeBelle

Hey Nine!!! Good luck on the proposal thing. I stayed in P.O. Riverside in May. I booked for there agin when I go back in October. It was a lovely resort and I know my Mom who is my travel buddy this time, will love it!! Definitely have some banana stuffed french toast at Boatwright's for me!! Tell them to do it on the grill the deep frying was a bit much for me!!! And try to request one of the Masion homes in the Magnolia Bend area. Muy Romantic!!! As far as the otehr moderate resorts I have stayed at all of them at one point or another within the last 6 years. Each one has its own special charm and each one will appeal to different people. I do agree with the previous post that said it is all Disney so it is all good!!! Good luck everyone!!!

Upvote 0

Nineinchnailsmk

thanx!

i cant wait to go down there. i loved dixie landings, so im sure illl love this place. We finally received the confirmation today. i really love the boat ride to downtown disney!!! Anyway, does anyone know about the proposal package?

good luck to everyone! i hope everyone gets what they want. its disney, they bend over backwards for you.:king: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

damskm

Original Poster
CBR?

Hey

Thanks for the replies.

However, we are still in the same boat! It's because our travel agent has not heard anything about the closing. How's that? It makes things awkward when you're ahead of the people who you book with, right. Anyway - from your replies I pretty much feel that we will be moved to P.O riverside or another moderate.

Anyways whatever happens, we will be somewhere in Disney and thats all that matters.

See ya::sohappy:

Upvote 0

k9kris

I knew too soon

Yeah, I'm with a travel agent, too. I was way ahead of them when I told them the resort I'm staying in is closing. They had no clue what was going on. I was hoping Disney would have contacted them sooner, but I think the news came out well before Disney had a chance to call people. The travel agent told me to call back later this week because they were going to dig into it and get the info for me. We'll see what happens tomorrow and I'll let you all know.

Upvote 0

k9kris

Looking up

Just got off the phone with my travel agent not too long ago. They will be contacting me tomorrow about finding a new resort to stay in. The person I spoke with told me that I am secured with at least two other resorts. I don't know which ones they are, but I will find out tomorrow. They're most likely two of the other three moderate resorts. We'll see. :confused:

Upvote 0

Palenque

:mad:
We had reservations at Caribbean Beach 24 Oct -29 Oct
at $89 night with 4 the night free with a post card offer that
required we tour the Disney Vacation Club.

Disney Vacation Club called today and ONLY offered
a same price change to another moderate
or Animal Kingdom Lodge/ Wilderness Lodge at $129 night, BEFORE TAX.

Polynesian was NOT available on this code.

We went with Coronado Springs.

Told the operator we had to think on this and that others had
upgraded for $20 to Polynesian and was politely told this was
all she could do, so I said I had to think on this and would call
back. Called CRO number later and tried to get a better deal,
but they told me that only Disney Vacation Club could change
my reservation. SO I called back and took another Moderate
rather than adding $40 more a night to my stay.
It's a good deal still working out at about $75 a night for 4
nights after tax when the free night is averaged in.

I just wish I could have gotten the Polynesian at the $20 upgrade I have seen others get.

Upvote 0

Nineinchnailsmk

yea, i know theyre the same :) (po:r and dixie) :)

i made the post goofy. I was having a long day :) hehehehe

i hope everything works out for everyone! it seems like everyone is getting different information from the customer service people.

:brick:

hehehehe

talk to everyone later!

BTW, has this happened a lot in the past before?
the closing of a hotel?

Upvote 0

damskm

Original Poster
got a reply from agent

hey, just got a responce from our uk agent it reads:-

RE: DISNEY'S CARIBBEAN BEACH

With regard to your forthcoming Virgin holiday to Florida, it has been brought to our attention that the hotel will be closing from the 8th of September to the 31st of December 2002 whilst the resort's restaurant is renovated.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any disappointment and inconvenience this may cause. However, we would like to offer to amend your reservation to either the Disney's Coronado Springs or the Disney's Port Orleans both of which are featured in our Florida brochure. We are able to offer either of these properties at no additional cost to our clients.

Both of these properties are of the same standard as the Caribbean Beach. They also offer many of the same facilities, therefore we are confident that you will enjoy your stay at either of these hotels.

Should you feel that alternatives offered are not suitable, please feel free to review our brochure for an option to which we can try to relocate your reservation. Please note that this will both subject to availability and cost.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any disappointment this may have caused. In the meantime, may we take this opportunity to wish you and your party a wonderful Virgin Holiday.

Assuring of our best attention at all times.

i think we are going to go for POR what do you think

cheers
:p

Upvote 0

blackgauldron

This is what they offered us:

I just finished speaking with Disney about your reservations. They have offered to move you to another moderate resort (Port Orleans French Quarter, Port Orleans Riverside or Coronado Springs) for the same rates you have presently for both your 2 night reservation and your 5 night reservation. They have also offered a couple of amazing upgrades. You can upgrade to Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge for a total of $242.00 for the two night stay October 3 - 5, which is an increase of $22 over your present total. You could also upgrade to a Savannah view room at this same resort for a total of $264.00 for these nights. This represents an increase of $44.00 over your present rate. For your 5 night stay (which includes passes), you can upgrade to a Standard view room at Animal Kingdom Lodge for a total of $1,200.00, which represents an increase of just $55 over your present reservation. You can also choose to upgrade to a Savannah view room at this resort for a total of $1,255.00, which is $110.00 over your present cost. You will need to make your decision as quickly as possible as availability is subject to change at any time. Please let me know how you wish to proceed on your reservations and I will be happy to help you. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Upvote 0

Raventress

Damskm, I thought I was the only one!

At last I have found someone who knows who knows what we are going through, I have been searching the message boards for days looking for other Brits on tour who were supposed to be staying at CBR.
We too have been displaced though we have not heard from virgin yet we were supposed to be staying at CBR from september 9th to the 23rd.
On the intercot boards tons of people have been given really inexpensive upgrades to stay at the deluxe resorts, I wonder if Virgin will offer this as we are NOT staying as CS and stayed at POFQ last year which was beautiful, we throughly enjoyed the boat ride to downtown Disney.
if you have never stayed there before that is what I would choose.
Sorry for ranting on like this, but finally someone who understands that with over 3 weeks to go and no hotel is enough to give anyone a nervous breakdown.
when I get my letter in the post I will find out how much it will cost to upgrade.
Cheers!
:animwink:

Upvote 0

mwitkus

hi everyone...

seems like there have been a lot of different offerings in this situation... my travel agent called me after she was finally contacted by disney. they offered me a choice of 4 other resorts, all for no additional charge (my trip for 9/29 is already paid in full so i wasn't going to spend any more $$$).

My choices were either of the Port Orleans, the Polynesian or Wilderness Lodge. I of course took the free upgrade and will be staying at the Wilderness Lodge. Not bad for my first stay onsite! :sohappy: (Been to Disney many times, but never stayed onsite before! What an experience for my first time!!)

Just thought I would share my info...

Good luck!
:wave:

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

hey there MWitkus if I had a choice like that I would certainly go for the Polynesian resort. It is one of the priciest resorts in all of WDW!!! Wilderness lodge is a deluxe resort, true but it is one of the least expensive in that category. Above all you have to be happy so stay where that is going to happen. I mean if you are going to Disney isnt that what it is all about anyway?? Good luck and have a wonderful time!!!

Upvote 0

k9kris

Update

I just got moved to Port Orleans with no trouble at all. I had to contact my travel agent (American Airlines Vacations) and just switch it. I had only two choices: PO or CS. I couldn't choose directly which part of PO I wanted, but I put in a request for FQ. I think Disney only gave AAV those choices for free. I could have upgraded for a price, but I didn't want to spend any more money. I feel like I got hosed by Disney by them not offering more, but I'm going to Disney World, I don't care! :)

Upvote 0

danamarie27

Here's an update on my October 3rd trip for the closed CBR. My travel agent (my new hero) got me the Wilderness Lodge at no cost. I am so excited. I have always wanted to stay there and could never really pull the funds together with out taking away from other aspects of the vacation (example...eating :lol: ) Words cannot express how excited I am about the chance to stay here. I was so thrilled by her efforts and patience with my ranting that I sent her a beautiful flower agrangement with a very sincere thank you note. I hope everyone else made out okay in this unexpected turn of events.:king:

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

hey there everyone. Some friends of mine are going to CBR from Sept 1-Sept 7. Does anyone know if any services will be curtailed or cut off in any way?? They have been offered to switch resorts but they are really happy with CBR!! If nothing is going to be affected as they are before the cut off date(Sept 8), Id advise them to stay there. Can anyone help?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom