CBR Closing For Rehab ??

damskm

We are due to stay at CBR between Sept 10 and Oct 9 and have heard rumors that it is closing for rehab from Sept 8

Any one else heard anything, and what happens now

pheneix

It is closing for rehab on Sept. 8th and should reopen by the "holiday season." They say it is for a rehab one section of the resort, but why bother to close the rest of it? This sounds like the kind of "rehabs" that went on at Port Orleans last year.

Upvote 0

k9kris

I'm staying there Sept. 7-12. I noticed that all the king rooms were unavailable for the entire month of September and on. Maybe that's because of a rehab on those rooms or a part of the resort.

Upvote 0

wdwfan22

Due to fact that most of the renovations will be taking place inside Old Port Royale (the area that houses the restaurant and food court) Disney has decided to close the entire resort. My guess would be those guests scheduled to stay there during this time will be moved to other moderate resorts.

Upvote 0

Katherine

I was wondering if you could tell me more accurately when the rehab will be over? (I'm going in late november will it conflict?)
thanks!:D

Upvote 0

hoosier5x

I had reservations scheduled for CBR Oct 10 - Oct 19. After reading this post I decided to call Central Reservations to ask if this was indeed true. She told me that CBR was closing form rehab and that Guest Services would be contacting everyone with reservations within the next few weeks. I asked to speak with someone in Guest Services to see if there was anything I could do about my reservations right now. The Guest Services representative that I spoke with was very friendly and informed me that nothing could be done right now. A committee was being formed to handle the situation and will begin contacting those with existing reservations on Tuesday Aug. 6. They will start with the reservations closest to September 8 and go from there.

One thing she did tell me was Old Port Royale was being completely torn down and they are going to start from scratch in replacing it.

Upvote 0

WDWspider

How likely will we (people with ressies in that time period) be able to choose the resort we go to? I picked CBR for specific reasons, i would not like it if they move me to another resort without my say so in the matter. The only other moderate we will consider is CS, but we won't be as happy about it. If they give us PO options then we do not want to stay there, what happens then? I know you guys propably don't know, but it makes me upset. We have been planning on CBR for a year now.

Upvote 0

Atlaslaw

I was scheduled to stay at CBR in November. Glad I changed a few weeks ago when the new discount codes came out.

Don't let Central Reservations tell you there's nothing you can do. You can cancel your reservations and make new ones. I would highly recommend taking advantage of the new discount codes. I was able to upgrade from CBR to WL for the exact same price with no problems. I'm using a travel agent, but there's no reason you couldn't do it yourself I suppose. Good luck!

98 days to go!

Upvote 0

jeffs10

SO cbr is going to be closed after sept 8. This is true or a rumor? Im staying sept 13-20 and i guess if its going to be closed i need to find another place to stay

Upvote 0

VillianFan

We had reservations at the POFQ last year when they were closed. We had read about the closing before hearing anything from Disney. When I called they told me the same thing that they apparently are saying about CBR now. We did shortly thereafter get a call, advising us that FQ was going to be closed and that we could pick any of the other moderate resorts to change our reservations to. We didnt try to upgrade, just moved to Riverside. It was all handled very smoothly. My family had 3 separate reservations for the same dates and a wedding planned as well. No probs! Don't get too upset, it will all work out for you!

Upvote 0

CREECH

Same here......we had reservations for the CBR for September 6th thru 10th. I called this morning and was basically told the same thing. That a team was being formed to start calling people to change their reservations to some other moderate resort.

Upvote 0

disneydudette

ok...we have reservastion 8-24 -8-31.....

will we notice the start of there reconstruction...like at OPR??? If so I would like to change.....

one more question....what are the re-doing???:veryconfu

Upvote 0

CREECH

I don't know what we are going to do. I have to talk it over with the family. We might post-pone the whole trip. It just seems like something is going wrong every time we turn around. We had such visions of CBR and I know other resorts are just as beautiful, but it's where our hearts were.

Upvote 0

k9kris

I just called up CBR and talked to a very nice CM who was very excited about the rehab!! Here's the number: (407) 934-3400. She told me they will start calling people who have reservations during the time of rehab to select another moderate resort. I'm hoping the other don't fill up because of this, but I'm going to keep my hopes up.

Here's an impossible mission: try to make a CM mad. The person I just talked to on the phone was so happy and up-beat that it seemed like she was acting (in a way she was). I almost laughed. I'm sorry, I'm just not used to it. It's great, though, don't get me wrong. :)

Upvote 0

Nineinchnailsmk

Yea, I called ahead today and they were more than happy to help. So far it sounds like theyll give me the Port Orleans Riverside. she is like: "i will call you back" so that made me nervous. Sorry to make another thread, i should have looked for this one. Anyway, Im kind of glad cause i originally wanted to stay at the Riverside but a person at reservations recommended the CB. I wish i would have stuck to my guns and said "no, gimme riverside.." hehe. Anyway, Disney has THE BEST service as far as i am concerned. The lady i spoke with was very excited and very happy to help and it was the most pleasant experience i have ever had with any customer service rep from any company. I usually dred calling customer service, but i enjoyed it this time. :lol:

I hope everyone gets what they wish (in terms of hotel).

one last question. How much was it to upgrade to Deluxe? I didnt ask cause im on a budget. :veryconfu

Upvote 0

danamarie27

I am staying 10/3 to 10/7.....My travel agent is going to handle mine. She is also goin to upgrade me because of the new discount codes. If she doesnt I will simply and cancel and go through Disney. I am not happy about this. I have been planning forever. However, I'm still going and I will probally get something better than what I started with. Even if I get another moderate, it will still be Disney so who cares. All of the hotels are wonderful.

Upvote 0

Atlaslaw

As far as cost to upgrade, do it if you can. I upgraded from CBR to WL for the exact same price when the new discount codes came out. Good luck!

Upvote 0

dizneykev

"one last question. How much was it to upgrade to Deluxe? I didnt ask cause im on a budget"

On my particular reservation, it was free. I am staying at Wilderness Lodge Woods view for the same price as my AP discounted CBR reservation. ($99/night w/tax). The CM there had lots of options for me, this was just the one we wanted. Good luck!!

Dizneykev

Upvote 0

Nineinchnailsmk

bummer, i just got off the phone with the CM and they said that to upgrade to the following, it would cost the following:

Fort Wilderness: 65.48 per night

AK Lodge: 59.92 per night

Polynesian (sp) resort: 71.04 per night

Those prices arent too bad, but...im on a budget, and i figure id rather have the 300 for the proposal pacakge im purchasing.

hope this helps everyone!

im just happy to be going (were-hopefully-going to get the Port Orleans Riverside) theyre going to call me back later. :hammer:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom