News Catherine Powell's position eliminated

DanielBB8

Every park is different. Visiting Tokyo is a great idea. Admission is quite cheap. The biggest difference is they’re a cash economy so credit cards can’t be used. A tourist can’t reserve the famous Tokyo Disneyland restaurants using an American credit card since it cannot be accepted there. Wait in line. Upon arrival at hotel, pay for all reserved rooms in advance with Japanese yen. That’s why I brought $2000 worth of yen to pay for everything once I’m there. Buy all tickets at home if you can. That’ll save you from having to bring more cash.

wdwtopten

It is like night and day. But to get that to happen you'd also need to get 50,000 American tourists per day in the Magic Kingdom to act like Japanese people. That won't happen.

Ain't that the truth.

But it wouldn't hurt if the American execs at least tried to be a little more like Tokyo Disneyland. I don't think they're even trying at this point.
Agreed. All sorts of rude and inconsiderate behavior is just ignored at WDW. Hell, guests can even punch CMs without having charges pressed against them!

Lilofan

Josh D'Amaro is also in the hot seat, which really, really sucks... he knows what he is doing, is trying to soften the poor decisions of Chapek... but he'll go down before Chapek does over the current issues.
If Josh goes, then maybe Kalogridis can run both East and West Coast. He ran DLR several years ago.

Last edited:

DizMagic

Every park is different. Visiting Tokyo is a great idea. Admission is quite cheap. The biggest difference is they’re a cash economy so credit cards can’t be used. A tourist can’t reserve the famous Tokyo Disneyland restaurants using an American credit card since it cannot be accepted there. Wait in line. Upon arrival at hotel, pay for all reserved rooms in advance with Japanese yen. That’s why I brought $2000 worth of yen to pay for everything once I’m there. Buy all tickets at home if you can. That’ll save you from having to bring more cash.

Not sure when you went but this isn't true as of June 2019. I used my U.S. Chase credit card to book and pay for Disneyland Hotel and several restaurants. Pretty much every place in the park accepted the card, even popcorn stands.

DanielBB8

Not sure when you went but this isn't true as of June 2019. I used my U.S. Chase credit card to book and pay for Disneyland Hotel and several restaurants. Pretty much every place in the park accepted the card, even popcorn stands.
I went a few years ago. I’m glad they changed, but it’s only recently according to you so the experience was fresh to many.

BigThunderMatt

Hell, guests can even punch CMs without having charges pressed against them!

Honestly this is probably more out of fear of the cost of litigation rather than CM's truly not wanting to press charges. If a CM did press charges against a guest for assault, they are most certainly not going to have their legal fees covered by Disney.

Lilofan

Ain't that the truth.

Agreed. All sorts of rude and inconsiderate behavior is just ignored at WDW. Hell, guests can even punch CMs without having charges pressed against them!
Employees that are assaulted on the job can press charges. If they get a smart lawyer, the employee can also claim workers compensation being hurt on the job, and even sue the employer for failure to provide a safe work environment.

TrojanUSC

Since it seems the position and title of President of Disney Parks West is being eliminated, do we know if the other positions such as the VP and such of Parks West will be eliminated too?

Operational Presidents (i.e. President of Walt Disney World) will now report to Chapek. What position are you referring to specifically?

cjkeating

Paris has been a mess since she left... looking on twitter, the number of restaurant closures and staffing issues at the current moment is absolutely mind-boggling.

To say the place has been a mess since she left is not true... dining efficiency is a weak link at DLP however this year there have been more restaurants open longer hours that in recent years... something has happened literally overnight in September that has caused these cuts, quite likely pressure to meet end of quarter financial targets to support the known financial issues following SWGE in the US.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom