castles

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by castlecake
how come some Disney theme parks have sleeping beauty castles and some have cinderella castles?:confused: :confused:

casue i'm sure they dont want each park in the U.s to have the exacylt the same attraction,castles andsuch.

Herbie53

Premium Member
If I'm not mistaken, each of the parks has a different castle. Sleeping Beauty's castle is in Disneyland, Cinderella's castle is in Magic Kingdom in WDW, Snow White's castle is in Tokyo Disneyland, and Belle's castle is in Disneyland Paris. I could be wrong about the specific castles, but I'm pretty sure they are all different.

Herbie53

Premium Member
Nope I'm completely wrong. I don't know where I got that from. I just looked it up. Florida and Tokyo have Cinderella's castle, and Paris and California have Sleeping Beauty castle.

So my answer to the question is just because.

wdwcrazy

Yep, that's right. The two cinderella castles look the same. But the two sleeping Beauty casltes look completely different. I really don't like Disneyland Paris' castle. It's too pink and just ugly.

Herbie53

Premium Member
The reason Disneyland Paris has such an odd looking castle is because France has real castles which would put Disney's castle to shame. For this park they wanted a much more whimsical, storybook castle.

dopey

i haven't the foggiest why the castles are different. i just wanted to back up herbie's post.

i saw what herbie said mentioned on a travel channel documentary about disney par-ee.

i don't recall whether it showed there being a mr. toad's wild ride attraction there.

would that offend the fro-, er, french?

I thought I heard when EURO Disney first opened that the castle was Beauty and the Beast's? I know they call it Cinderella's castle now but I could swear that it was the castle from Beauty and the Beast. It makes sense too because it is in France. :confused: :confused: :confused:

markymark

It has always been Sleeping Beauty's Castle. There is a gallery of stained glass, pictures and tapestries telling the story of "La Belle au Bois Dormant"

The Mom

Premium Member
Actually, all of the castles would be appropriate for France. Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, and Beauty & The Beast were all folk/fairy tales collected and translated by Perrault into the stories we recognize today (with slight variations, Disney may have made them more family friendly)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom