cast members on youtube..

BrittanyRose428

I actually rather enjoyed that. It seemed a nice montage of the CP experience. Now, I never did the CP, so I have no idea if that was an accurate reflection of it, but it seemed to be. It felt very "real" and you could tell they all seemed to enjoy the experience.
*agrees*

No, its more like, a montage of the type of CPs who are skanks and idiots and end up getting terminated anyway. Well, actually, this seemed to be a video of International CPs.

That is exactly what I was thinking... and actually it's one of the FEW (and there were very few) things I truly hated about the CP. My roommates were horrible.... I can still remember being "stuck" (we were two to a room in Vista) trying to sleep in a room with another girl who brought a different guy in every night OR she'd come back from PI or a party so drunk at 5am (when I was getting up to get ready for my DAK shift) that she made the mistake of thinking her clothes hamper was a toilet. (I thank god everyday, at least it wasn't something of mine! LOL) :ROFLOL:

I can honestly say not all CP CM's are overdrinking and other stuff, but we all have fun like normal people. The only thing I remember being said during my training about being a representative of Disney was that (and they have some weird random crazy rules- like nothing but clear liquid "on stage" in front of guests- as if cast members don't drink a Gatorade once and a while or something lol) when we were in "costume" onstage we were to act the "Disney" way, other then that unless we were representing Disney in some way we were able to act "normal" within legal and CP limits (and there were a lot of CP limits which is why something like 1 out of 3 CP's is terminated before their program is over)
This video showed nothing compared to the things CM's see backstage.... ever see Cinderella and Snow White having a makeout session on their lunch break backstage? That's when UTube is showing the videos we need to get "worried" (or for some people, excited) about. Being a CP is one of those experiences that can only be understood by living.... both the good and the bad parts!:goodnevil

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I actually rather enjoyed that. It seemed a nice montage of the CP experience. Now, I never did the CP, so I have no idea if that was an accurate reflection of it, but it seemed to be. It felt very "real" and you could tell they all seemed to enjoy the experience.

Me too. I enjoyed watching it because it was a well put together chronicle of one girl's time as an International CPer. Years from now she will have a nice video to watch of her and her friends enjoying their time in the USA. The only issue I take with it is the few shots of them in costume, backstage, and in the utilidors. Other than that, there is nothing in that video that I couldn't see by walking down the street, hanging out with my own friends (most of which don't even drink!) or watching tv.

IDreamOfDisney

There is nothing wrong with this video. If you had to pick something I would say some of the behind the sceans shots in the utilidors were iffy and of course if they were legal to drink. :)

makonyy15

I also enjoyed watching it. I'm currently in college and the one thing shown in pretty much every part is college students with others, smiling and having fun...it sounds like a great experience! It's college, students do drink, but no not everyone. People wind down different ways and this video seems appropriate, making the CP seem fun!

PurpleDragon

In response to the OP, it would be hard to believe that all Disney CMs follow the "Disney Code of Ethics" in every aspect of their lives. Now Disney along with other large corporations have a dedicated base of employees who follow the company code in all aspects of life. Like here in Atlanta many Coke employees "Bleed Coke Red", and I'm sure Disney has some employees as well that live a "Disney Life". However to assume teenage CMs would live their life in a "Rated G" fashion is a bit unrealistic. Teenagers will always be teenagers, when not at work they will act like typical teenagers, having fun and acting wild, etc...

As others have said, I see nothing wrong with that video, its simply a montage of a teens CP experience with her friends. Its not done in bad taste, its not at all X rated or anything vulger, its simply a bunch of kids being kids. Whats wrong with that?:confused:

Piebald

That video is UNACCEPTABLE!!!! WHAT WOULD WALT THINK!?!?!? :(

How dare these kids act in this way, and then post it on Youtube.

As a fellow, young CM ....I am embarrassed of this.

Now...I need....more....hydraulic....fluid......these arms can't type by themselves.....must....find....creepy 3rd shift worker to fix...me....

----Come on people, for God's sake we're not animatronics. I'm in college and I do everything a normal college student does in America. Big Deal. :snore:

PS. I just saw the video...and... WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE PEOPLE RECRUITING THESE DAYS!??!?!??!?

Where the hell are these girls in my area?? :'(

philsfan2185

What a horrible song choice, that's what I would be questioning. But anyway,I was a CP in 2005 and never raged like that, like they did in the beginning of the video, but I still ended up having a blast.

You only live once, so have fun while you can. And if to them drinking excessively means fun, then so be it.....it's their lives. Pull a Paul McCartney and let it be.

CleveRocks

I'm 40 years old. I graduated college 19 years ago. My fraternity brothers and I are all Dads now, all still married to our first wives, all have mortgages, all in responsible jobs. A few are in medicine, a few are entrepreneurs, a few are in finance, two are actually in politics, one was a lawyer but we had an intervention and cured him.

Any video we would have taken from our college years would have been MUCH more, shall we say "interesting" than the video we just saw. About 15-20 of us still get together, mostly with our families. And now we're sober, non-dancing, boring husbands, fathers and breadwinners, the backbone of urban and suburban America. But if you'd have seen us then, you would have wept for the future.

The video looked like a lot of fun. God Bless America.

Valawen9

I didn't really see anything bad about that video...if anything, just the drinking thing at the beginning but even that didn't bother me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom