News Cast Member Killed in Accident

Old Mouseketeer

In the OCSO Incident report, one of the two witnesses says they tried to lift the cart together but it was too heavy. The other witness says the injured worker asked them to back the vehicle off of him, saying he could not breathe. Both witnesses agree they were concerned moving the vehicle could cause more injuries. The worker was pronounced dead a few minutes later when paramedics/firefighters arrived.

I feel very bad for the CMs on-scene. A few years ago a CM who has since left Disneyland told me about the first CM who arrived at the Big Thunder accident scene where the young man was killed. It was so traumatizing that he never worked Thunder again and people noticed a marked change in his personality thereafter. But he did keep working in attractions. This is very hard for all concerned.

RunningKoen

The death of the cast member is, without doubt, the most terrible and heart breaking news of the entire accident. Condolences to his family.

However, the details of the accident and the situation for the two witnesses/castmembers gave me chills. Being a newly hired cast member, arriving to a scene like that and being confronted with such a moral dilemma. I'm praying for the these two aswell and hoping they get the best care possible for this (PTSS etc.).

Gringrinngghost

Just leaving this here for the data people.
Screen Shot 2018-07-15 at 5.14.11 AM.png

Old Mouseketeer

Really, you are making a deal about my reaction to the minor press coverage of every little thing after to some kind of disrespect to the fellow that lost his life. People die everyday, they are not any less dead then those that die in an accident at WDW. There are only two things that are absolute in life and that is birth and death. Some add taxes, but, you really don't have to pay those. I was basically replying to the post by @Movielover.

I find it disrespectful for all of you to be so morbidly interested in the gory details about what happened. The man died and that is as personal as you can get, so it is none of our business what happened or even why. It wasn't about anything that would possibly be a threat to Guests. I also find offering thoughts and prayers is as shallow an offer that can possible happen. We all know that no one is going to be thinking about it or are they going to be praying for anything other then how the themselves can deal with it. Sorry, but, I do feel bad for the guy, but, I don't feel like being a hypocrite about it. I don't know him, I am not personally affected by it and I wasn't even making fun of it. I was making fun of the public that hungers for the details of someone else's disaster.

Stop.

Digging.

(No, seriously. I'm not kidding. You really need to stop.)

Walt d

My pleasure, Steve.
Im glad that there is something on here about the accident and the young man dying that should have never happened .im sorry for his family. Dose any one no when, we will find out anything. I hope on this site. Gods speed. To him.

peter11435

Im glad that there is something on here about the accident and the young man dying that should have never happened .im sorry for his family. Dose any one no when, we will find out anything. I hope on this site. Gods speed. To him.
What is it you want to find out?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom