News Cast Member Killed in Accident

Castle Cake Apologist

Really, you are making a deal about my reaction to the minor press coverage of every little thing after to some kind of disrespect to the fellow that lost his life. People die everyday, they are not any less dead then those that die in an accident at WDW. There are only two things that are absolute in life and that is birth and death. Some add taxes, but, you really don't have to pay those. I was basically replying to the post by @Movielover.

I find it disrespectful for all of you to be so morbidly interested in the gory details about what happened. The man died and that is as personal as you can get, so it is none of our business what happened or even why. It wasn't about anything that would possibly be a threat to Guests. I also find offering thoughts and prayers is as shallow an offer that can possible happen. We all know that no one is going to be thinking about it or are they going to be praying for anything other then how the themselves can deal with it. Sorry, but, I do feel bad for the guy, but, I don't feel like being a hypocrite about it. I don't know him, I am not personally affected by it and I wasn't even making fun of it. I was making fun of the public that hungers for the details of someone else's disaster.

Perhaps this wasn't the place or time for such jokes? It's incredible to me that you've still found a way to trot out your typical "I don't care" and "woe is me" victim nonsense, in a thread about the tragic death of a Cast Member. You made a crass joke. Full stop. Unbelievable and shameful.

Believe it or not, there are people on this board who knew this man and are directly affected by this happening. I am constantly in disbelief at the tone-deaf things you post.

Goofyernmost

I see you’re at it again. Does it ever get tiring playing devil’s advocate all the time? Your post was insensitive. Who are you to question the motive of others? How do you know they don’t genuinely care about the deceased and his loved ones? We may not like the media coverage, but it’s the world we live in. Someone tragically dying in WDW will get more attention than most other places. I don’t see that changing anytime soon, so the best we can do IMO is to at least be sensitive or say nothing at all.
Incredibly inappropriate.

RIP to the cast member.
Perhaps this wasn't the place or time for such jokes? It's incredible to me that you've still found a way to trot out your typical "I don't care" and "woe is me" victim nonsense, in a thread about the tragic death of a Cast Member. You made a crass joke. Full stop. Unbelievable and shameful.

Believe it or not, there are people on this board who knew this man and are directly affected by this happening. I am constantly in disbelief at the tone-deaf things you post.
So do you all feel better now that you have decided the evil person that I am? I do see that you all have signed on to see how much detailed gore that you can dig up due to the death of that cast member. I will repeat that the joke was directed at Movielovers post about how when a tragedy strikes all of sudden all the vultures of the world cannot get enough of the possible other injuries or deaths. I have lost a lot of close friends and relatives in my life. I know what death is. I know how random it is and just how awful it feels, however, the joke that I put in there was not at all about the death of this gentleman. It was about the likes of you folks to rubberneck to find out what happened and throw out your false feelings of sorrow and distress to sound like you really care. That is much worse then the minor humor I was putting in concerning the ugly curiosity of the general public. That would be you! What I don't care about is what you think of me. I just may have a better grasp on life and death they you. You will see at some point.

Biff215

So do you all feel better now that you have decided the evil person that I am? I do see that you all have signed on to see how much detailed gore that you can dig up due to the death of that cast member. I will repeat that the joke was directed at Movielovers post about how when a tragedy strikes all of sudden all the vultures of the world cannot get enough of the possible other injuries or deaths. I have lost a lot of close friends and relatives in my life. I know what death is. I know how random it is and just how awful it feels, however, the joke that I put in there was not at all about the death of this gentleman. It was about the likes of you folks to rubberneck to find out what happened and throw out your false feelings of sorrow and distress to sound like you really care. That is much worse then the minor humor I was putting in concerning the ugly curiosity of the general public. That would be you! What I don't care about is what you think of me. I just may have a better grasp on life and death they you. You will see at some point.
And here you are in the same thread as the rest of us. Although apparently we have the ability to show concern for those affected, while you use it as another opportunity to tell the rest of us how it is.

Again your act is so tired around here. Here you are playing the old guy card again. You somehow have a better grasp on death than the rest of us? And you consistently accuse others of posting nonsense?

Thank you for finally giving me a reason to use the ignore feature after all these years. I know you don’t care, but I’m actually disappointed that I now feel the need to go there.

lazyboy97o

Bullocks. Complete bullocks. This is not the first time you’ve dismissed the seriousness of an event. Nobody was looking to revel in gory details and knowing what happened can help others stay safe, whether or not they are directly employed at Walt Disney World.

Castle Cake Apologist

At least you're consistent.

NelsonRD

@Goofyernmost, stop replying to this thread and go away.

Prince-1

Sometimes wrong is just wrong and your post was just wrong.

aw14

I have tried to stay out of this, however the bolded above is odd. You took the time to comment about how you don't care, yet if you actually didnt care, you likely wouldn't have commented. For someone with a better grasp, and years of worldly experience, that behavior is certainly not what is expected.

castlecake2.0

And here you are in the same thread as the rest of us. Although apparently we have the ability to show concern for those affected, while you use it as another opportunity to tell the rest of us how it is.

Again your act is so tired around here. Here you are playing the old guy card again. You somehow have a better grasp on death than the rest of us? And you consistently accuse others of posting nonsense?

Thank you for finally giving me a reason to use the ignore feature after all these years. I know you don’t care, but I’m actually disappointed that I now feel the need to go there.

I hit ignore a few months ago and it has made this site infinitely more enjoyable

DancingPhoenix

more details released:
http://www.newsweek.com/disney-employee-died-trapped-under-cart-police-1018691

the part about the deceased asking for the other cast members to move the cart off of him before he stopped breathing and them not doing it is difficult to comprehend... but hard to know all the circumstances

Like you said its hard to know the circumstances, but him not wanting to move it in case it would make things worse makes some sense to me. Similar to not wanting to move someone with a possible neck/spine injury. What a difficult situation, I hope all effected cast members and family can grieve and find any needed closure. Rest In Peace to the deceased.

LSLS

Like you said its hard to know the circumstances, but him not wanting to move it in case it would make things worse makes some sense to me. Similar to not wanting to move someone with a possible neck/spine injury. What a difficult situation, I hope all effected cast members and family can grieve and find any needed closure. Rest In Peace to the deceased.

That's actually what you are trained to do in basic OSHA/First aid classes (unless there is a serious risk of death from not moving, i.e., car on fire). If he was saying he couldn't breath, that could make that decision really difficult and you may want to move it (though I highly doubt they have enough training to make the call). I understand why they didn't want to move the truck, and I'm sure it's going to weigh heavily on them as well.

Bacon

Really, you are making a deal about my reaction to the minor press coverage of every little thing after to some kind of disrespect to the fellow that lost his life. People die everyday, they are not any less dead then those that die in an accident at WDW. There are only two things that are absolute in life and that is birth and death. Some add taxes, but, you really don't have to pay those. I was basically replying to the post by @Movielover.

I find it disrespectful for all of you to be so morbidly interested in the gory details about what happened. The man died and that is as personal as you can get, so it is none of our business what happened or even why. It wasn't about anything that would possibly be a threat to Guests. I also find offering thoughts and prayers is as shallow an offer that can possible happen. We all know that no one is going to be thinking about it or are they going to be praying for anything other then how the themselves can deal with it. Sorry, but, I do feel bad for the guy, but, I don't feel like being a hypocrite about it. I don't know him, I am not personally affected by it and I wasn't even making fun of it. I was making fun of the public that hungers for the details of someone else's disaster.
Trying to defend yourself? "The public that hungers for details" is because we would love to know who it was so we know who the give our prayers too and so we know how to prevent it in the future. Thanks but your behavior is not tolerated here and never will :)

LukeS7

The comment you replied to was actual commentary on something the poster called “strange/sad”. Your comment was solely about snark and trying to make a joke (be it about the actual death or not), not commentary on it in any way and I (and apparently many others) feel that this thread is not the place for that.

I’m not here for “gory details”, nobody here is asking for an autopsy report or anything of the sort. People want to know what happened because a) it happened in a pretty public place (yes, Disney is a private company (actually technically public company) on private land, but millions visit every year) and b) if it involved a piece of equipment that malfunctioned it absolutely could impact other people.

As per your comment on having a better grasp on life and death, that’s neither here nor there, nor can one glean that information from a basic perusal of forum comments. But that’s also not a debate for this thread.

kpilcher

That article is misleading. The article in the Orlando Sentinel said the 2 men tried to lift the cart but it was too heavy. What they didn't want to do is to drive the cart off of him for fear of adding to his injury.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/tourism/os-bz-disney-death-follow-20180710-story.html
In the OCSO Incident report, one of the two witnesses says they tried to lift the cart together but it was too heavy. The other witness says the injured worker asked them to back the vehicle off of him, saying he could not breathe. Both witnesses agree they were concerned moving the vehicle could cause more injuries. The worker was pronounced dead a few minutes later when paramedics/firefighters arrived.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom