Cast member block-outs from DHS has been extended

MrConbon

And they will. They have already said that it will happen.

Doesn’t seem like they are really trying that hard to get these CM’s on. They could easily open Rise later one day and have the morning be a time for CM’s to ride. If Hagrid’s can be closed an entire day for production shoots than Rise can close for a few hours to let CM’s on. Especially CP’s who may never get to go.

yensidtlaw1969

And this is where you're being obtuse. If WDW is having issues getting paying guests onto RotR, when were they supposed to let all the CMs on?
During park hours on their day off . . . you know, like if they were blocked out a little bit less than they are. At least they'd have a shot at getting on the ride without dropping $100 on admission. The Boarding Group system already precludes so many guests from getting on, if you squeezed in a few CM's here and there over time it wouldn't detract meaningfully from the guest experience but would help when guests could interface with the CM population about what it is they're trying to ride.

The consensus seems to agree that the CM's should have a shot at being informed about this, so I feel pretty comfortable that I'm not the one being obtuse.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I'm assuming RKA is Remy's _______ Adventure.

As far as next year's blockouts, I wouldn't be surprised if we were blocked out for the entire 50th anniversary, but also would like to bring up that Pandora blockouts weren't even that extreme when it first opened.
I thought the official name was Ratatouille: Remy's Kitchen Adventure

plutofan15

"The Disney Difference" B Mode. They are so damn greedy. What part of let your cast be the ambassadors do they not understand? How sad that a guest may ask a CM if they have ridden RoTR and the CM has to say no solely because Disney blocked them out of the park. Pathetic.
Typical of corporate companies. I was a network engineer with AT&T wireless back when the first iPhone was released. The phone was kept under strict security while under testing prior to the release of the phone. Two weeks after the launch, I was at a wedding and as normally happens when meeting new people, the question comes up "Where do you work?" When I said that I was an engineer at AT&T, the next question was "How is this new iPhone?" My response was "I don't know. I haven't even seen one yet." Everyone was shocked that an engineer responsible for the network was completely unfamiliar with the biggest game changing device to come down the road. I was finally able to check one out when somebody at the wedding said "Oh, Dr. Smith over there has one. You should go check it out."

yensidtlaw1969

Typical of corporate companies. I was a network engineer with AT&T wireless back when the first iPhone was released. The phone was kept under strict security while under testing prior to the release of the phone. Two weeks after the launch, I was at a wedding and as normally happens when meeting new people, the question comes up "Where do you work?" When I said that I was an engineer at AT&T, the next question was "How is this new iPhone?" My response was "I don't know. I haven't even seen one yet." Everyone was shocked that an engineer responsible for the network was completely unfamiliar with the biggest game changing device to come down the road. I was finally able to check one out when somebody at the wedding said "Oh, Dr. Smith over there has one. You should go check it out."
This is a little different though, because playing with the newly released iPhone in the Apple Store isn't kept behind a $100 paywall. It's also a significant part of a Cast Member's job to be able to interface directly with guests about the park experience. Add to it that 2 weeks without seeing the product is very different than 3.5 months and the similarities start to disappear.

I recognize that Rise has had many issues and that supply is limited for ridership, but surely there are at least some more cast members who should have been prioritized for a chance to ride than have been. Namely the CM's at Studios who are on the front lines of the park but don't work directly at Rise, like main gate CM's, the Guest Experience Team, and those working attractions like Star Tours and Muppets that are in the immediate area.

plutofan15

This is a little different though, because playing with the newly released iPhone in the Apple Store isn't kept behind a $100 paywall. It's also a significant part of a Cast Member's job to be able to interface directly with guests about the park experience. Add to it that 2 weeks without seeing the product is very different than 3.5 months and the similarities start to disappear.

I recognize that Rise has had many issues and that supply is limited for ridership, but surely there are at least some more cast members who should have been prioritized for a chance to ride than have been. Namely the CM's at Studios who are on the front lines of the park but don't work directly at Rise, like main gate CM's, the Guest Experience Team, and those working attractions like Star Tours and Muppets that are in the immediate area.
Up until the day I retired, I never had any newly released phone provided by the company even though my job required that I have a device to do my job. Being unable to answer any questions from customers on the latest phones was indeed a detriment. Now, I could go and spend hundreds of dollars of my own money but that was not going to happen. I was issued a company device but it was normally two or more versions behind the current device. Besides, the perks Disney provides their employees are better than 90% of the corporate companies out there. While I understand the frustration of being blacked out, it does come across as a bit of sour grapes. IMO.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Park entrance is a perk. Not part of any compensation package. They don’t owe them that. Cast members still have unlimited access to the other three parks as well as other parks around the world and a variety of other perks.
Definition of perquisite

1 : a privilege, gain, or profit incidental to regular salary or wages especially : one expected or promised

yensidtlaw1969

Up until the day I retired, I never had any newly released phone provided by the company even though my job required that I have a device to do my job. Being unable to answer any questions from customers on the latest phones was indeed a detriment. Now, I could go and spend hundreds of dollars of my own money but that was not going to happen. I was issued a company device but it was normally two or more versions behind the current device. Besides, the perks Disney provides their employees are better than 90% of the corporate companies out there. While I understand the frustration of being blacked out, it does come across as a bit of sour grapes. IMO.
But you see the difference between being provided a top-of-the-line device to use full-time and being offered a one-time ride on a brand new attraction, right? A closer parallel would be if you were offered the chance to play with the phone for an hour somewhere shortly after release to get a sense of it, which is much more financially reasonable than providing many people a new device for full-time use.

You seem to agree that customer service would have been positively impacted by being given the chance to understand the product, and Disney makes a regular habit of doing that with their cast members for that very purpose. It doesn't hurt that the product is fun and therefore feels like a perk or a thank you to their employees. Cast Member Previews serve the Guest experience as much as the CM one. Short of that, since it seems we must fall short of that, giving CM's at least SOME window of time to try to access the ride seems like a logical Plan B. Instead they just keep pushing them out further.

Let me also clarify that I'm not a cast member and have been on Rise of the Resistance 3 times already. I have no horse in this race, I just recognize that this isn't great practice for the kind of business Disney does at this park and I think they should try to do better by the CM's in the name of the Guests.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom