Cast member block-outs from DHS has been extended

Piebald

CMs - even those who work in DHS - are not permitted to play in the park before or after their shifts.
Since when? I worked there 15 years ago and we could change clothes and play in the park after (or before) shifts. In fact sometimes I see people who are very clearly off the clock by their shorts or shoes. I even saw two "friends of characters" the other day in a gift shop at Epcot.

dhslxop

Since when? I worked there 15 years ago and we could change clothes and play in the park after (or before) shifts. In fact sometimes I see people who are very clearly off the clock by their shorts or shoes. I even saw two "friends of characters" the other day in a gift shop at Epcot.
Let me rephrase. Currently, due to the CM blockouts, CMs cannot play in Studios before or after a shift.

Brer Oswald

Ok, based on MMRR’s manageable wait times, I assume this extension is still for ROTR.

So, why can’t they just prevent CM’s from entering until a little bit later, or prevent their passes from being able to grab a boarding pass, so they can enjoy the park but can’t ride ROTR?
I made the exact same suggestion the other day.

Brer Oswald

They owe the cast an opportunity to come to work everyday in a safe work environment, they owe the cast their paychecks when they have worked, they owe the cast members their insurance they pay for, they do not owe the cast members extra perks from the job, it sucks that they don't get to go, but nothing is owed
So someone weary of going to the effort of buying a ticket for Rise goes up to a CM and asks them if it’s worth the hassle. What does the CM say? “Well, it looked cool in Corless’ POV”? One ride. That’s all.

hopemax

So what's so different about Disneyland?

CMs were blocked there for the first few days, and now it's all green. There are even days in each month where CMs can sign guests in.

mm52200

Park entrance is a perk. Not part of any compensation package. They don’t owe them that. Cast members still have unlimited access to the other three parks as well as other parks around the world and a variety of other perks.
Glad you’re fine with the cast members that work in the park not being knowledgeable about their park at all since they literally can’t go to it.
Cast members are expected to know a LOT to help the guests and already don’t receive proper training or info on it, usually under the encouragement to “go to the park on your day off”.

peter11435

Glad you’re fine with the cast members that work in the park not being knowledgeable about their park at all since they literally can’t go to it.
Cast members are expected to know a LOT to help the guests and already don’t receive proper training or info on it, usually under the encouragement to “go to the park on your day off”.
This is a temporary restriction enacted for good reason.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Disney gave a preview to CMs for MMRR. They would have done the same for CMs for RotR if RotR wasn't so unreliable. I don't understand why that's so hard to understand. Disney gives them access when they can and doesn't do it when they can't.

Seriously, the people raging over this are just ginning up controversy where there is none. I'm taking note of who's making this into a thing and keeping that in mind the next time they complain about something so as not to take their complaints seriously in the future.

1583553771698.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom